NonStop Recruitment

Updated 3 December 2014
Updated 3 December 2014
4.2

CEO

If you can't stand the heat, get the hell out of the kitchen!

I have been working at NonStop Recruitment

Pros

Supportive environment with an award winning training program you will get nowhere else!

target driven specifically for people who can be good at the job and to weed out those who can't... For those who don't see that as a pro, then you don't understand how bad it is to work amongst people that lack motivation and maturity!

Looking at other recruitment agencies in the market recruiting in life sciences and IT, nonstop has the best commission structure. (I took home 12k one month and someone in the company regularly does!)

A strict organic growth structure- 95% of the management team came through the trainee development program. (The most junior has been in the business 2 years).

Top billing consultants annually go on an all expenses paid trip. Barcelona in 2012, Austria 2013, Dubai 2014.

The Christmas party is usually carnage that people tend to talk about all year!

Cons

As with all recruitment jobs, it's not a 9 to 5 job if you want to get off the starting block. Expect high volumes of phone calls where you're expected to have intelligent and informative conversations with incredibly bright (and sometimes tough to manage) candidates.

Early days as a researcher can be fairly dreary, because you essentially learn the ropes and help senior consultants identify suitable candidates without getting into the technical nitty gritty stuff... This comes once you've learnt the theory and can actually hold your own on the phone, and actually learn how to talk (you'd be amazed at the number of young adults that cannot have an intelligent conversation!)

As a result of the high pressure and also the "not so exciting"early days as a researcher, the high volumes of people that join in a group can dwindle down over the course of a few months... For those who get easily attached it can be a bit of a reality check and a lonely place at the time.

The industry leading commission that nonstop recruitment bangs on about comes once you become a full consultant. Expect to be there with 6-9 months* *subject to commitment and work ethic.

Because of the organic growth structure, it's difficult to get a perspective of what the actual competition is like and who you're really trying to out perform.

To be a top billing consultant target is not easy to hit!

The Christmas party is usually carnage that people tend to talk about all year!

Great Company, excellent training with a awesome company culture and social life

Former Employee - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in Pardubice (Czech Republic)
    Former Employee - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in Pardubice (Czech Republic)

I worked at NonStop Recruitment full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Training, People, Career Progression, Company Culture, rewarding

Cons

Away from family, lots of pressure

After working at NonStop the training I received I can say that this as not only enhanced my working knowledge of how the recruitment cycle works but also my social skills. The first week I was unsure what to make of the training and thought I knew quite a lot already but I was clearly wrong. I learnt more in the first 6 weeks about recruitment than I had in the previous 18 months. Furthermore I then had the daunting task of learning about the Software Development Life Cycle which I must admit had me petrified. However this was invaluable as it gave me a 100% more understanding of the IT market than 8 months did whilst I was working in the same market in Sydney. This also made me feel much more natural on the phone to candidates. The fact that it took me 7 months to get my first placement in Australia and a little less than 7 weeks at NonStop is a testament to the training that you provided.

Great training, great experience

Current Employee - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in Pardubice (Czech Republic)
    Current Employee - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in Pardubice (Czech Republic)

I have been working at NonStop Recruitment full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Award winning training
    Dedicated training manager (not just thown in at the deep end)
    Regular feedback
    Good working environment (great offices with gym and restaurant on site)

Cons

If you are not driven then you will struggle
    It can get very hot in the summer
    You need to have some external activities - not just going down the pub

More team building events would be good

Great Company with excellent career prospects

Current Employee - Trainee Consultant in Pardubice (Czech Republic)
    Current Employee - Trainee Consultant in Pardubice (Czech Republic)

I have been working at NonStop Recruitment full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you are willing to work hard then you have a great opportunity to build a career with them
    Really helpful with settling into the Czech Republic
    Good social lfe - lots of people with a shared experience
    Fairly inexpensive to live in Czech
    Training is great - but obviously you will need to actually use it to benefit from it
    Career prospects are great - the speed of which is down to the effort that you put in

Cons

If you are not willng to work hard - it is probably not for you
    If you are not willing to take on the training - it is probably not for you
    If you get homesick easily - it is probably not for you

You need to work hard, but great experience.

Former Employee - Trainee in Pardubice (Czech Republic)
    Former Employee - Trainee in Pardubice (Czech Republic)

I worked at NonStop Recruitment full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great Social Life
    Nice Accomodation
    New Experience
    First Class Training
    Liked the Management a lot, friendly, approachable and also take the time to find out how you are doing.
    They are doing what they say which is 'organically growing'
    Clearly a company growing very very quickly

Its either a pro or a con I suppose but I was on performace management and decided to head back to the UK to go into Marketing. I enjoyed it but a lot is expected of you and to be honest, I didn't have the 'umph' that some of the people who joined did. There is people being promoted and once promoted are starting to earn good money, but not everyone makes it at all and they seem quite quick to move on those who don't.

One person I started with has been promoted and loving it, another one has gone back to the UK, was working at a competitor where they weren't as 'on top of you' all the time. Though apparently it makes for a more boring environment.

Would reccomend it to friends but only those who are pretty ambitious.

Cons

Not in the UK, unless you are promoted.
    Very hot in the summer!
    Not everyone makes it.
    Don't settle for people being lazy
    Its hard work.

For me Recruitment is not easy, nor what people think it is. Is driven by people and although we got quite a lot of training about 'perception' and others. If you don't 'get' people then they probably cannot teach you to do.

They do make you work quite hard, but its the same in any trainee recruitment position.

Socialise more with the Junior people.
    Explain the earnings process better. People are earning good money but the more junior staff don't know how it works.

Interesting experience for graduates but shocking salary for long hours

I worked at NonStop Recruitment full-time (less than an year)

Pros

If you are a recent graduate looking interested in trying recruitment then they are worth contacting Great stepping stone for progressing on to roles with other companies
    Training was of a respectable standard.
    Requirement for all new starters to learn about their industry which is very helpful for when discussing with candidates/clients
    Chance to experience living in a new country
    Friendly environment with helpful colleagues
    Good social life
    Some of the senior management were extremely helpful
    The company finds accommodation for new starters

Cons

Very target driven role, with unrealistic targets which no one in the company ever achieved
    Guidance on how you were meant to achieve these targets generally consisted of a combination put downs and an instruction to "make more calls" even though the calling list had been called through numerous times
    Location is essentially a small city in the middle of nowhere, if you're not willing to travel then it will feel like you are living a very isolated existence
    Salary is so poor it is unreal, I actually lost money with this job
    Many promises were broken
    Promotion 1. takes too long (for the salary you start off with you need to be promoted within a few months to start earning commission, otherwise you will not have enough money to afford food)
    2. is almost impossible to achieve, a small number of people were lucky enough to be promoted but the promotions only started happening after unhappy staff started leaving
    Staff retention is awful, of the people who were there when I was, approximately half have left for other roles, some even leaving with no future role lined up.
    Favouritism between the teams, the team which had the hardest roles to fill NEVER received any rewards/extra incentive, however those who worked on much easier roles were often taken out for company paid meals by their line manager despite not achieving their targets
    You were EXPECTED to work additional hours with no reward or recompense. Staff were pressured to work from 8am - 8pm every day & to work the weekends / bank holidays with no breaks / lunches - if you did decide to eat then you were expected to do so at your desk whilst working
    Atmosphere of do as we say, not as we do from senior staff who regularly would disappear for extended lunch meetings, arrived just before the day started and left as soon as they could most days
    The company charges staff a high rent for the accommodation they set up for new starters in comparison to properties offered by private landlords in the area

Pay your staff a reasonable wage, don't lie when recruiting new employees, be fair with rewards

NonStop Recruitment Photos

Our modern office complex in Pardubice
The walkway over the pond at our Pardubice office.
The beautiful old town square in Pardubice, a stones throw from the NonStop accommodation and a few minutes walk from our office.

+ Add Photo