Old Navy

Updated Jul 28, 2014

3.2 1,247 reviews

Old Navy President & CEO Gap, Inc. Glenn K. Murphy

Glenn K. Murphy

Pros
  • You also receive generous discounts from Old Navy, Gap and Banana Republic (in 90 reviews)

• The staff is fun to work with and there is an incredible employee discount (in 120 reviews)

Cons
  • you will only become a cashier if you get customers to open old navy credit cards (in 123 reviews)

• They don't offer any unpaid time off or paid benefits to part time employees (in 60 reviews)

More Highlights
1,247 Employee Reviews

Enjoyable and easy going

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Papillion, NE (US)

ProsFlexible work schedule.
    Managers were super great and personable!
    Fun environment with lots of change

ConsNot a lot of opportunity to move in the company. Pay is right for first job but beyond that it's not competitive

Phenomenal!

Sellebrity (Current Employee) College Station, TX (US)

ProsPeople, pay, atmosphere, work attire

Consold navy credit cards, register

Flexible, team atmosphere

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Charlottesville, VA (US)

ProsTeam, flexibility, Everyone seems to like being there for the most part. Everyone is really helpful and willing to answer questions! Employee discount both at ON and other Gap Inc.stores is awesome!

ConsEmphasis on ON cards can be frustrating because sometimes there are days when people just don't want to open a credit card. Charlottesville store management is great though and very understanding...

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It was a great environment to work in. The employees were great

Sales Associate/Cash Handler (Former Employee) Holyoke, MA (US)

ProsThe best thing about working there is the competitive hours and the discount. Working hard gets your more hours and greater chances for promotion.

ConsThe worst thing about it is that your not always better at a task than someone else so you may get less hours than them. And set schedules are not available.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would say employee evaluations should be done every 3 to 4 months instead of every year. It gets hard not know where you are as a employees when you work there for so long.

Fun exciting environment occasionally drama occurs

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Valley Stream, NY (US)

ProsFun co workers & managers, great hours, easy job to have

ConsStart you at minimum wage, the Gm was very immature & unprofessional loved to start drama , customers can be rude & disrespectful

Great first job

Sales Associate/Cash Handler (Current Employee)

ProsFor the most part I love working here. The managers are down to earth and fair yet produce results, the workload is manageable, and the salary is much better than minimum wage. Great discounts and fun environment.

ConsTraining could be better, I was lost at the register for weeks when I first started. People who are effective at getting customers to sign up for Old Navy Cards are favored. Cashiers sometimes had too many things to promote to customers (coupons, ONCs, email, donations to charities) which could get overwhelming/annoying to the customer.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on training procedures, specifically the different processes on the register.

Advancement if you work hard

Merchandising Specialist (Current Employee)

ProsYou can get a lot of hours if you're willing to be the go-to person. It's a relaxed environment, which is something I enjoy. If you work hard, you can advance. It took me two years to get from associate to merchandiser.

ConsThey are pushy with the credit cards. Management acts like it's still high school.

Great company to work for!!!!!

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Bowling Green, KY (US)

ProsGreat company. Great team. Flex hours. Great pay

ConsThis place doesnt have any!! Its perfect!!! Love my old navy!!

Great co-workers, terrible upper management and politics.

Sellebrity Coach (Former Employee) Idaho Falls, ID (US)

ProsGreat co-workers, fun activities for store, and customers aren't bad.

ConsAt my store, upper management all hated each other and there was obvious favoritism. No chances for advancement if not favored by store manager.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate and leave your attitudes at home.

One of the best jobs I had in my life.

Old Navy Sales Associate (Former Employee) Westbury, NY (US)

ProsFlexibilty with work schedule, great managers, discounts on clothes. The work is easy and the customers are friendly. It was a happy environment and I enjoyed going to work. Some of my best friends today are my co-workers I met while working at Old Navy.

ConsHours can be cut and you may be short handed even on busy days. While you work doing a variety of different types of work the redundancy of the work becomes boring.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a career path for employees who want to grow with the company. Some employees who have worked there for many years feel burned out. If they had more responsibility or had a change in work assignments the company would retain more employees.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Worked for Old Navy? Contribute to the Community!