Old Navy

Updated Jul 23, 2014

3.2 1,236 reviews

Old Navy President & CEO Gap, Inc. Glenn K. Murphy

Glenn K. Murphy

Pros
  • You also receive generous discounts from Old Navy, Gap and Banana Republic(in 89 reviews)

• The staff is fun to work with and there is an incredible employee discount(in 119 reviews)

Cons
  • you will only become a cashier if you get customers to open old navy credit cards(in 118 reviews)

• Especially since most of us were working part time for a few hours a week(in 57 reviews)

1,236 Employee Reviews

Advancement if you work hard

Merchandising Specialist (Current Employee)

ProsYou can get a lot of hours if you're willing to be the go-to person. It's a relaxed environment, which is something I enjoy. If you work hard, you can advance. It took me two years to get from associate to merchandiser.

ConsThey are pushy with the credit cards. Management acts like it's still high school.

Fun exciting environment occasionally drama occurs

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Valley Stream, NY (US)

ProsFun co workers & managers, great hours, easy job to have

ConsStart you at minimum wage, the Gm was very immature & unprofessional loved to start drama , customers can be rude & disrespectful

Great company to work for!!!!!

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Bowling Green, KY (US)

ProsGreat company. Great team. Flex hours. Great pay

ConsThis place doesnt have any!! Its perfect!!! Love my old navy!!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great co-workers, terrible upper management and politics.

Sellebrity Coach (Former Employee) Idaho Falls, ID (US)

ProsGreat co-workers, fun activities for store, and customers aren't bad.

ConsAt my store, upper management all hated each other and there was obvious favoritism. No chances for advancement if not favored by store manager.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate and leave your attitudes at home.

One of the best jobs I had in my life.

Old Navy Sales Associate (Former Employee) Westbury, NY (US)

ProsFlexibilty with work schedule, great managers, discounts on clothes. The work is easy and the customers are friendly. It was a happy environment and I enjoyed going to work. Some of my best friends today are my co-workers I met while working at Old Navy.

ConsHours can be cut and you may be short handed even on busy days. While you work doing a variety of different types of work the redundancy of the work becomes boring.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a career path for employees who want to grow with the company. Some employees who have worked there for many years feel burned out. If they had more responsibility or had a change in work assignments the company would retain more employees.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Excellent with People.

Store Manager (Current Employee) Houma, LA (US)

ProsExcellent people environment from the Company. Company believes in their Employees and supports their Managers. Flexibility with schedules. Good pay for the job performed.

ConsToo many younger, inexperienced employees that need a stronger understanding of wisdom in the workforce. Too much drama invoked within the Store and requires a good deal of interaction.

Advice to Senior ManagementTransition quickly. Take charge and know the procedures inside and out.

Fun Atmosphere

ProsMost of the staff make it worth going to work each day. Depending on management, really enjoy going to work each day.

ConsBad management makes for a rough experience for anyone. Hours aren't the best for young employees or families but they do work around all schedules

Advice to Senior ManagementTo keep a fun lively environment, make sure managers hired have an upbeat attitude and work well with others.

Ok job

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Murfreesboro, TN (US)

ProsHours were good...people were nice...great discounts....close to home...flexible hours...

ConsPeople were warned about shop lifting and told to follow people around. The dressing room had been "pooped" in and I was told that on the first day. I didn't really like that and didn't want to deal with that.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore hours

Fashion fun for all

Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) Brooklyn, NY (US)

ProsGreat people to work with, lots of growth potential at store level, benefits

ConsInventory night is hell however once a year

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Learning Experience

Old Navy Sales Associate (Current Employee) Miami, FL (US)

Prosflexible hours, fun environment, co-workers' personalities

ConsStaying late to fix up the store and rude customers at times.

Worked for Old Navy? Contribute to the Community!