Oshkosh Corporation

Be The First To
Add Photos

Oshkosh Corporation CEO Charles L. Szews

Charles L. Szews

Pros
  • Good pay for the area as a blue collar worker (in 4 reviews)

• I was fortunate to work with some great people at Oshkosh, and the pay was good for what I did as a temp (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • No real internal career paths are defined, nor are dept moves encouraged within the company (in 3 reviews)

• Bad management practices and poor union support (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Manager GPSC

GPSC Manager (Former Employee)

ProsStrictly professional, fair and consistent to employees and conducting of business

ConsNo cons available to submit.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to be a premier employer

Decent opportunities, could use some improvements in the culture

Pricing Analyst (Former Employee) Oshkosh, WI (US)

ProsPlenty of responsibilities. It's a large corporation, so there are plenty of different opportunities. Many young workers

ConsWork hours can be excessive.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow more flexible work schedules, do a better job encouraging professional development.

conservative middle west company looking for international expansion

ProsNice people, great working atmosphere

Consnot so conscious on cost control

Advice to Senior Managementinternationalized

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Treated like a number, not a person.

Project Manager (Current Employee) Oshkosh, WI (US)

ProsI believe in their mission to protect those (Warfighters), who protect us. The vehicles Oshkosh makes are second to none, they are quality vehicles that literally save lives everyday.
    The benefits are fair.

ConsHR and some members of the leadership team treat people (even a salaried employee like myself) as a number and don't take individual circumstances into consideration. The management is top-down only. Those with ideas or concerns on the bottom (manager and down) do not have a voice and will not be heard.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to those that are doing the work at the bottom and mid-levels, give them a forum, give them a voice. Leadership does not have a handle on what is happening at those levels and they continue to make changes without asking those people their thoughts. In many cases, the changes end up doing more harm than good. If you would ask people at the manager level and below for insight, you can prevent a lot of unnecessary hardship as well as saving time and money.

Expect More, pay less

Industrial Engineer (Current Employee) Oshkosh, WI (US)

ProsIt has a demanding customer, and is a fast paced manufacturer. There are plenty of opportunities for improvements, and the chance to work on many big projects. Products are very cool, and serving the customer is rewarding.

ConsThe expectation of working more hours. Never ending work load and a lack of training. Old-boy network controls promotions, and there is an overall resistance to change.

Advice to Senior ManagementShare the wealth, low raises are an insult. Actually show that you value your workforce by listening to them. Maybe consider embracing 20th century (or even 21st!) management methods.

Busy, unorganized plant floor

Senior Production Supervisor (Former Employee)

ProsGood Pay and benefit, Worked with great people.

ConsNo balance between work and home.

Typical manuf. company

ProsBenefits vacation, health, vision, dental, life insurace, 401k,
    Pay is fair
    Most areas flexible with personal needs (dr, appts, kids, etc.)
    Training opportunities

ConsDefense spending cuts
    Lacking municipal funds
    Slowly recovering construction market
    Atmosphere tied to economy in many ways
    Certain customers require many unique skills and knowledge that is not common in other industries, dept of defense in particular

current employee

General Assembler (Current Employee) Oshkosh, WI (US)

ProsOverall good place to work minus management..great pay and good benefits.. Met alot of great people who I work with also.

Consclueless management and lack of knowledge on how to properly run departments and not willing to listen to production employees when given advice on something.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to learn to work with production employees alot better.. When given ideas on how to make our jobs easier listen to us and not ignore us and do it your own ways.. Need to put safety and quality first and not always numbers over quality... Do quality over numbers and alot of money would not be wasted doing work over several times to fix an issue.

Great company but work life balance isn't the best

Pricing Analyst (Current Employee) Oshkosh, WI (US)

ProsGreat company with great strong values. The CEO is very good for the company and trustworthy.

ConsWork life balance is impossible, you will be required to work 60 hours weeks and weekends during busy months without notice.

Enjoyed my time their

Assembler (Former Employee) Oshkosh, WI (US)

ProsManagement cares for its employees more then the workers think.

ConsSome of the lower level managers think they are God.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more selective in the lower level mamgers that they hire.

Worked for Oshkosh Corporation? Contribute to the Community!