Overture Networks

Be The First To
Add Photos

Overture Networks CEO Mike Aquino

Mike Aquino

Great product design challenges and talent, but not every plan ends in success

Senior FPGA Design Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Overture Networks full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThere are a number of talented individuals that are willing to share in their knowledge and experience. The different teams all work well together for the good of the products and company. The company provides great benefits including PTO, health, and 401k.

ConsThe competition is tough in this area and a lot of the planning and budget decisions are based on high success rates. While the products are quite capable, not every contract can be won and there isn't much room for failure to produce revenue.

Senior Product Manager

Senior Product Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Overture Networks full-time for more than 3 years

ProsOverture Networks is a consolidation of several companies, of which I only worked for Overture Networks. During my stay I enjoyed direct management, executive management and the work. Work was challenging but never over exhausted. The office culture was great. I wish Overture all the best for the future.

ConsCompensation was the going rate, with cost of living raises. Training was never an issue. HSA was a great perk, especially if your healthy and I suppose even if you're not. I really didn't have allot of con's other then BoD and executive seemed out of touch with the market space and direction.

Advice to Senior ManagementClose unprofitable lines and get back to profitability.

Ethernet Industry Leader with Exciting Future

I have been working at Overture Networks

ProsTop tier engineering team with focused leadership.

ConsCompetitive industry leads to challenges in recruiting and retaining the best engineering and management talent.

A favorable experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Overture Networks full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSmall company atmosphere, good people in Raleigh, engaged management, success in the market, large customer base both domestic and international

ConsNot clear how to continue growing the company due to competing priorities from large customers. Potential technology obsolescence is always a concern with high tech companies.

Exciting and challenging opportunity to play a role in an ambitious new technological direction.

Staff Engineer (Current Employee)
Research Triangle Park, NC (US)

I have been working at Overture Networks full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat to work with and learn from a proven team of successful innovators. Never a dull moment. Brand new company vision provides chance to work with best in class technology and be a part of historical new growth and success.

ConsRequires ability to multitask and willingness to work overtime when deadlines approach.

Advice to Senior ManagementAvoid common corporate mistakes which demotivate good employees. Demand high standards while respecting that which created past successes. Open communication is key.

Once a solid company, now it's lost

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Overture Networks

ProsGood technology
Smart engineers
Some very large customers

ConsNew management has converted org into a top heavy, do nothing
Politics
In survival mode

Love my job, just wish I earned a higher salary with some added job stability.

Staff Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Overture Networks full-time for more than 5 years

ProsLeading edge technology. Always pushing the envelope with design scope and schedules.

ConsUncertain future. The direction of the company seems to change from one quarter to the next.

Advice to Senior ManagementPresent a clear direction going forward. Provide a product road map that engineering can design to.

Great people, a lot to learn, very friendly environment

I have been working at Overture Networks full-time

ProsA lot of them. And they are worth the cons.

ConsIt is a small company to work. Sometimes workload is there

Unproductive

I have been working at Overture Networks

ProsHappy with pay and work/home balance. Break room snacks and coffee. Have time to dig in and learn new things.

ConsHard to tell where the company is going. Over the last year, plenty of wasted effort. Decision making process isn't clear. Lots of false starts.

Product architectures look more like computer science projects than experience-based, realistic approaches. Every new product is a rewrite.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet out of the building for a week. Figure out where you want to be in 3 years. Plot a series of small steps to get there, each of which allow direction changes without starting back at the beginning. Then get into the habit of reviewing it every quarter. Change is OK, but throwing away effort is not.

While you're finding your direction, keep your engineers active on short term projects. Stop wasting their work. It is very demoralizing.

Painful

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Research Triangle Park, NC (US)

I have been working at Overture Networks

ProsYou don't have to work too hard, easy to balance work with the rest of your life.

ConsThe company has no direction, it can't stay on one path for more than a week. Its like you're whipped back and forth every week in a different direction. The company tries to juggle twenty different things and ends up missing on all of them.

The average employee is below industry average, which makes it easy to be in the upper echelon here. A lot of people do very little.

You also feel like you're never getting the real story when Mr Reedy talks.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart your search for a new career - I'm looking for mine!

Worked for Overture Networks? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Overture Networks reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Overture Networks CEO Mike Aquino. All 10 reviews are posted anonymously by Overture Networks employees.