P.F. Chang's

www.pfcb.com

P.F. Chang's Reviews

Updated Jul 26, 2014
P.F. Chang's – US – “The "trio" sauces that servers use to make their…”

P.F. Chang's Chairman Co-Chief Executive Officer Richard L. Federico

Richard L. Federico

Pros
  • Good money for a college student, ability to receive good shifts happens at a fast pace(in 16 reviews)

• Good work environment, good cliental, consistently busy, ability to move up, flexible schedule(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is a struggle here, but that goes with the industry(in 6 reviews)

• As with any restuarant it can be long hours and hours on holidays and weekends(in 10 reviews)

backwaiter

BackWaiter (Current Employee) Chandler, AZ (US)

Prosfree chinese food when no ones looking

Consits restaurant work and thats pretty cool. There are no benefits growth or promotions

Advice to Senior Managementnothing what else can you do

Nice

BackWaiter (Former Employee) Austin, TX (US)

ProsGreat culture
    Friendly environment and team work

ConsLots of hard work ( tasks are not fairly divided between servers and backwaters)

Advice to Senior ManagementReconsider the silverware system

nice place to work. great team work.

Prosmaking money. nothing else i can tell about this place.

Consmanagement, attitude. no more chalenges.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Meh....

Line Cook (Former Employee) Irvine, CA (US)

ProsGood place for entry level experience.

ConsJob-growth highly limited, politics, and terrible management.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry quality or quantity

Good then Bad

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWhen first started made feel like their was a lot of job growth and that they treated all employees fairly.

ConsAfter being their awhile started feeling very taken advantage of and that my value of life did matter compared to others. Summer is a very hard time to pay bills, too many employees not enough shifts.

Server at PF CHANGS

Server (Current Employee) Scottsdale, AZ (US)

Prosgreat money, consistent business, great pay, awesome locations, great atmosphere, awesome hiring backgrounds. They have a large pool of candidates to choose from.

ConsNot very much to complain about. Its a really great opportunity to advance, and almost all managers have serving experience so they can relate.

I love working at PF Chang's!

Server (Current Employee)

ProsI love working at PF Chang's because we have a family-like relationship with one another. We may not always get along, but when it comes down to it, we really do like each other. This is important because we work as a team, help each other out with tables, we all strive for the same goals: Guest satisfaction and money as a result of it. I also love working for our O.P. He has different personalities that he has to deal with on a daily basis, yet he still cares about each and every one of us. I like our other managers as well.

Flexibility with our schedule is FANTASTIC! We use a system called Hot Schedules which allow us to request the days we would like to work, have off, pickup shifts, and release shifts. With advance notice, I have been able to get any requested time off that I wanted.

ConsThankfully, I don't feel we have too many cons.

Here in SC, servers only get paid $2.13 an hour, therefore, we don't make enough money to pay our taxes on the 100% tips we claim. A higher hourly wage would really make it better especially for the times our gratuities are lower on large parties (we aren't allowed to add a gratuity on large parties anymore).

Advice to Senior ManagementLet it be known when there are positions available, such as bartender, and give people a chance to get move up a notch.

Backwaiter

BackWaiter (Current Employee) McLean, VA (US)

ProsWell managed hospitality team
    Pays well on good days of business

ConsNot many hours
    Competition for hours

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more attention to grass root level employees who want to rise in the company

Rewarding learning opportunities and definitely upward mobility.

Server (Former Employee) Greensboro, NC (US)

ProsThe fast-paced environment and the accountability employees are held to creates an atmosphere of a shared, personally-challenging work environment where everyone is improving themselves in one way of another!

ConsCorporate changes happen often, so being flexible to uncontrollable drastic changes is a very useful skill.

Advice to Senior ManagementSecond chances are worth consideration. Oh, and reply to emails.

Awesome, friendly-staffed restaurant

PF Changs Server (Former Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

Prosvery busy, great pay, great co-workers and management,

ConsCons: had to leave for college

Worked for P.F. Chang's? Contribute to the Community!