PNC Financial Services Group
www.pnc.com Pittsburgh, PA 5000+ Employees

PNC Financial Services Group Reviews

Updated Apr 22, 2014

PNC Financial Services Group President and Chief Executive Officer William S. Demchak

William S. Demchak

Pros:
  • "The company allows most employees to have good work/life balance"
    in 75 reviews
  • "Great starting salary with good benefits and exposure to senior management"
    in 50 reviews
Cons:
  • "bad upper management, lots of interest in screwing the customer to make lots money"
    in 41 reviews
  • "There is no work-life balance or care for the well-being of their employees"
    in 16 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

It was okay.

Teller (Former Employee)
Newtown, PA (US)

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group part-time for less than a year

ProsI liked how flexible they were with my school schedule. I had a great manager. He was very understanding and truly cared about his employees.

ConsPay was terrible compared to other banks. I needed full time and they only had part time. Lots of drama. Working with almost all women was tough.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employees. A happy employee will be a better employee.

Decent job.... good luck with trying to have a career

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time

ProsGood work life balance
Time off
Pension plan

ConsCompany way behind competition so roles are based on copying to catch up
No way to move up/get promoted
They think it's a pay for performance culture but it's not
Annual increases are consistently small

Advice to Senior ManagementFoster more growth from within and give your current employees incentive to care. Pittsburgh based so opportunities for employees in the financial services industry are limited. employees aren't staying cause they are happy, they just have limited ptions.

Good hours but horrible pay.

Financial Sales Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time for less than a year

ProsGood work schedule with having every weekend off and all federal holidays off. Great products for customers to help them manage their finances. This a great place for a college grad to learn about customer service and sales.

ConsPay is very low for what is expected of you. Incentive plan is quarterly and really low in amount you receive. Tons of reports to fill out daily and weekly that is pretty much the same report. Not only do you have to fill out these written reports you have to also out the same information in after each customer interaction in their computer system. When it is all said and done you have documented the same thing four different times which takes up a lot of your time. Management pressures you to increase your sales and no matter what you achieve it is never enough. In sales this is pretty normal but when you receive less that $500 a quarter as an incentive but you have exceeded your goals you are not very motivated since you are not compensated enough for your performance.

Advice to Senior ManagementReally take a look at what expectations you have for your sales staff and compensate them according to their performance. If you want high quality sales people and want to retain them I suggest you really look at your incentive program. Also have a meeting with HR and the recruiting teams to insure accurate incentive bonuses are being presented to recruits. During the interview process I was advised that on average a person in my position meeting their goals would receive around 2 to 3 thousand dollars a quarter. That is much different than the $500 I found out the average incentive was after I had already started working for the company.

Careful selecting benefits as soon as possible

Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group full-time for less than a year

ProsIt was a job, it taught me a lot of useful information about government regulations on the banking industry, some have since changed.

ConsIt took me three weeks to select benefits and when I did, my paycheck took benefits price from day one, no one advised any employees that would happen, before, during or after.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe crystal clear on how the payment of benefits happens, from when to when and whether selecting them the first day or 3 weeks in does not matter.

Great place to work if you plan on having a career in the banking industry

Bank Teller (Current Employee)
Baltimore, MD (US)

ProsThe management that I've worked with have been very accommodating of employees' lives outside of work, the customers are generally very cordial and fun to talk to, and there is a lot of upward mobility. It's a wonderful place to build business and personal relationships with the community. The quality of your experience there will definitely depend on the people you work with.

ConsThere is relatively low pay and incredibly stringent sales goals to meet. Oftentimes, there is poor communication between district managers and the branches they work with. There also tends to be pretty high turnover, as many people are just looking for work while they go to school.

Very easy going

Intern (Current Employee)
Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group as an intern for more than a year

ProsEveryome is very friendly and open. Trainig was substantial. Management always received and appreciated comments and complaints.

ConsIt felt very difficult to move up the chain. People were slightly anti-social, for the lack of a better word.

PNC getting bigger

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group

ProsGreat people who care about to the company. Constantly expanding.

ConsMany different layers of authorities.

Great company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group full-time

Prosspeak your goals and stay focused

Consstay on top of your goals

Nice place to work with exposure to state-of-the-art techniques and great work/life balance

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat people, collaborative attitude, willingness to try new approaches to solve business problems and awesome work/life balance!

ConsNo clear path to climb up the ladder and very little training budget.

Great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFriendly co-workers, and pay potential is great if you are willing to work hard!

ConsLots of selling involved with most positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementNever stop the training.

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!

PNC Financial Services Group Videos

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PNC Financial Services Group reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for PNC Financial Services Group CEO William S. Demchak. All 895 reviews are posted anonymously by PNC Financial Services Group employees.