PNC Financial Services Group

www.pnc.com

PNC Financial Services Group Reviews

Updated Jul 31, 2014

3.2 1,032 reviews

PNC Financial Services Group President and Chief Executive Officer William S. Demchak

William S. Demchak

Pros
  • If you work anyplace other than retail banking PNC values employee work life balance (in 92 reviews)

• Great starting salary with good benefits and exposure to senior management (in 68 reviews)

Cons
  • upper management no clue what's going on with the new universal branch idea (in 48 reviews)

• Work life balance could be better depending on what department you are in (in 21 reviews)

More Highlights
1,032 Employee Reviews

Solid company with true growth prospects

Director (Former Employee)

ProsStrong balance sheet, will grow in the future, very collegial work place.

ConsIn some cases salaries are still catching up with its new position as a bigger player.

love the company and what they stand for.

FSC (Current Employee)

Prosgreat hours and so far a low stress level.

Consthe retail and telamarketing side of the job.

Friendly environment to work at.

Financial Sales Consultant (Former Employee) Washington, DC (US)

ProsThe co-workers at PNC were friendly and very supportive, which made going to work a great experience. They would listen to your concerns and praise you on your accomplishments.

ConsThe only con I have about working at PNC is the salary. It was hard to live in Washington, DC off of a salary in the low 30's k.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would try to be more realistic on the salary you give to your employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

great starting point

Prosthe training is fabulous and the office culture is also fabulous.

Consa lot of down time

PNC Recruiter

ProsTop Talent Training and resources

ConsCommunication ability to advance can be limited

Advice to Senior Managementact on Gallup recommendations

Great company to work for but position(s) can be difficult and underpaid

Loan Support Specialist II (Current Employee) Brecksville, OH (US)

ProsIt's a great company to work for. They offer good vacation time, health benefits are decent, they have a great volunteer program that you're able to devote time to during work hours, they give back to the community, etc. Depending on your position, typically pretty laid back about time off, calling off, etc. Values family life.

ConsUnderpaid, you are held to the accountability that you will help develop new procedures and processes, train new employees, etc. but paid the minimum. Processes change very often by managers but never consulting the specialists (who do the job everyday).

Good company

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA (US)

ProsGood benefits; lots of employee engagement activities

Consculture varies widely among departments; lots of managerial hierarchy

Advice to Senior Managementtalk to lower level employees more not just their management to find out what's going on

The Men of PNC

Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGood leaders, nice coworkers, training is offered and nice work environment. If you are a white male you have a great chance of success at PNC and a great career. For everyone else, you have a chance for a good job.

ConsMen at PNC are seen as "high potential," they are given opportunities to build skills and put on a track to a success. Women's at PNC are seen as in need of "development plans" and "development opportunities," they are given opportunities to do more work to prove themselves and may get on the track to success, if lucky.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize that talent and potential comes in many different packages, including genders, color, size and backgrounds. Stop managing talent like it is 1950, the company is missing the opportunity to grow leaders.

Continued transformation & stable company

Human Resources (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsWork life balance; customer focused. Company has committed to protecting both it's customers and employees by minimizing risk. Has begun to seriously invest in technology to improve processes. Excellent internal employee training & development programs for mid to high grade manager roles.

ConsNo focus on development & movement to management level positions for individual contributors who are in lower pay grades. Current compensation structure makes it difficult to retain top talent, especially for the emerging talent bases.

Advice to Senior ManagementRe-evaluate compensation philosophy, as your providing excellent training to your top talent only to loose them to other competitors/industries for a better compensation package.

Good team environemnt...!!!!

Senior Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) Cleveland, OH (US)

Pros- Oppurtunity to learn more.
    - Best team that I have worked.

Cons- Project Management
    - Work Load

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!