PNC Financial Services Group

www.pnc.com

PNC Financial Services Group Reviews

Updated Jul 31, 2014

3.2 1,032 reviews

PNC Financial Services Group President and Chief Executive Officer William S. Demchak

William S. Demchak

Pros
  • If you work anyplace other than retail banking PNC values employee work life balance (in 92 reviews)

• Great starting salary with good benefits and exposure to senior management (in 68 reviews)

Cons
  • upper management no clue what's going on with the new universal branch idea (in 48 reviews)

• Work life balance could be better depending on what department you are in (in 21 reviews)

More Highlights
1,032 Employee Reviews

Good team environemnt...!!!!

Senior Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) Cleveland, OH (US)

Pros- Oppurtunity to learn more.
    - Best team that I have worked.

Cons- Project Management
    - Work Load

Great company overall ... Market management needs to be changed ...

Business Banking Sales Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGreat focus on providing quality products and service to clients -- both consumer and small business. Good benefits for employees and opportunities for development and growth. Good presence in the market which allows for a competitive advantage in the efforts to win and retain clients.

ConsMarket management tries to manage by intimidation. Very little focus on work/life balance. Heavy focus on change and very little value on individual employee contributions or previous accomplishments.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook closely at the management in the market as you try to determine why the market is not 'attaining it's potential". Employee satisfaction has been declining and management by intimidation with little to no appreciation demonstrated only fuels the decline further.

Great Company!

Financial Sales Consultant (Current Employee) Wanaque, NJ (US)

ProsLove the people in this company! Management is always pushing me to go further in my career.

ConsIn-Store hours are a little strange...

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Saint Louis, MO (US)

ProsPNC is a wonderful company. It has an opportunity for growth, and works with its employees to help them grow. The pay is competitive and there are good benefits. Each branch is a little different, but overall every branch works to give each customer a great experience.

ConsI didn't experience many challenges working there. It was a great place to work. I loved my job and my branch worked well together.

Awesome company to work for. Good pay, pension, 401(k) and health benefits.

Banking Consultant (Former Employee)

ProsCareer growth. Base salary plus quarterly bonus based on sales. Fun environment and the training program is great.

ConsRegional Manager not very supportive and unqualified to handle workload. It caused a lot of problems to trickle down to branch level.

The job is laid-back and a lot of freedom is given for an individual's work.

Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsThere is a good work-life balance. The job provides flexibility. A lot of free reign on what to do with projects is given, though it can be interpreted as "lack of guidance/direction" depending on the person.

ConsPerhaps some more development could be offered. The compensation is acceptable. Perhaps more responsibility and additional projects can be given to further challenge an individual.

Wish I had started on this track years ago!

Bank Teller (Current Employee) Decatur, IL (US)

ProsWork-life balance, nice helpful friendly coworkers who are not gossips, branch manager that is fair and cares about work ethics.

ConsNot any that are solo horrible to mention

Advice to Senior ManagementBring up more worthy and professional minorities and women up in the ranks of senior management. Don't be afraid to promote from within!

Good company, goal oriented

Vice President (Former Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsExciting to be part of a team that was looking to grow within the community. Able to build the business as you see it should be built

Consnone. They should continue to grow the company as they have identifying key locations that there is a need for true old school banking relationships

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Fantastic Company

Teller Supervisor (Current Employee) Mobile, AL (US)

ProsLove the company and the employees are very warm and welcoming.

ConsSome policies vary between markets and can get a little confusing.

Good Learning Opportunity

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOpportunity to learn new technologies, pay, and being made to feel you are part of the company.

ConsTechnology is dated and infrastructure is lacking. Progress is being made, but there is ways to go. In technology the direction to move into management is targeted towards moving into a Project Manager role before being able to move into a management role.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the employees and support them. A lot of change is in process in how technology is being driven.

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!