PNC Financial Services Group

www.pnc.com

PNC Financial Services Group Reviews

Updated Jul 31, 2014

3.2 1,032 reviews

PNC Financial Services Group President and Chief Executive Officer William S. Demchak

William S. Demchak

Pros
  • If you work anyplace other than retail banking PNC values employee work life balance (in 92 reviews)

• Great starting salary with good benefits and exposure to senior management (in 68 reviews)

Cons
  • upper management no clue what's going on with the new universal branch idea (in 48 reviews)

• Work life balance could be better depending on what department you are in (in 21 reviews)

More Highlights
1,032 Employee Reviews

Low pay

Financial Sales Consultant (Former Employee) Kalamazoo, MI (US)

ProsYou could earn fair bonus if you weren't especially lazy. If you sat next to a fun person it wasn't so boring. Lead are generated for you from a list of current and former bank customers. Alright amount of paid vacation. Management was caring and understanding.

Consno simulation. extremely boring you are on a dialer and just wait for someone to pick up their phone. bank customers are super confused when you call them creates a level of distrust with otherwise loyal customers.

Good benefits but salary is very low

Financial Sales Consultant (Current Employee) Greensburg, PA (US)

ProsIt's a job and it pays the bills. Kind of!

ConsTo sales driven. Expect to much out of employees. Long hours sometimes 11 hour days. Plus working weekends.

Senior fiduciary tax accountant

Senior Tax Accountant (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA (US)

ProsRequirements for position is very high on educations. MBA JD, CPA is required with at least 5-7 years experience.

ConsPosition is subject to being outsourced due to compatible companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe very careful when posting these types of positions . Pay has to be comparable to other companies and pay grade, therefore, the experience need to match position.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good learning techniques for customer service industry.

TBS (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN (US)

ProsWork/life balance, career opportunites, and the bank offers pension plan along with option to purchas stock.

ConsThey should be more open to negotiating salary for those who meets the requirements, have a degree and the banking experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's not only about the sales. Stop basing performance job appraisals on sales alone. Its a c ombination of sales, risk management and customer service. Do more than a 2% raise when the US average for the year is 3% if you rate that employee has meets all expectations. Rating an employee as such and giving a less than average raise percentage is not showing them that they have met all expectations. It shows that you are trying to save the P&L for your bonus check at the end of the year and no appreciation for your employee who helped you with branch goals.

High turnover

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOriginally attracted to PNC because of the upbeat culture

ConsPay is terrible for comparable work

Advice to Senior ManagementHigh turnover results in customer dissatifaction. Relationship building is a core value for increased sales and profitablity. By the time the clients assume a relationship with their Banker; Their Banker has gone on to another institution for higher pay.

Great company

Financial Sales Consultant (Former Employee) Annapolis, MD (US)

ProsGreat for professional development In sales. PNC is extremely sales driven.

ConsSalary- if my salary was better I would've stayed.

Advice to Senior ManagementPNC retail employees work extremely hard some markets need to offer better salaries to their retail employees.

Great Experience

Intern (Current Employee) Cleveland, OH (US)

ProsGood work life balance at work

ConsLong commute but compensation is nice

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue going in right direction

Good Place to work

ProsHourly Wages are good for accounting

ConsLittle room for advancement within company

I have had a great experience at PNC and am sad to be leaving the company.

Document Procurement Processor/Setup (Current Employee) Downers Grove, IL (US)

ProsI started in 2009 and since then I've gone from my starting position to one that was created then back to my original position. I like working here because the salaries are competitive, the benefits are good and I love the people I work with as well as my boss. They have a 401K match, pension and various other great benefits. To be fair I am in an introductory position with no incentives which takes the pressure off, even though I still have to hit a quota. I work at the Downers Grove, IL location.

ConsI am being let go from the company effective in September because the position that I was in was "eliminated" which I am still mad about. They promised that it would be a great career path to processing, then a year later, they got rid of it and the duties of the position were absorbed into another one. Other than that, like a lot of the other reviews on here, the most you can get as a salary increase with moving to another position is 10%. Other than that, I don't have any cons as this is the best company I have ever worked for. I am trying to find other employment right now before my severance date in September. They also have a very generous severance package which helps out a lot.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't offer a position that is going to be a gateway to another position then take it away. This has thrown my whole career out of whack and with it being such a tough time in the mortgage industry right now, I might not even be able to get another job in the industry. Salary increases should be higher especially when going from one department to another.

Dissapointed

Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) Miamisburg, OH (US)

ProsBenefits pretty good, strong community involvement.

ConsA 2% increase for an exceeds expectations review is discouraging at best. Sad to say they don't pay their employees what they are worth. Work life balance could be better depending on what department you are in.

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!