Pall

Be The First To
Add Photos

Pall President & CEO Lawrence D. Kingsley

Lawrence D. Kingsley

Pros
  • Great people that love their jobs despite poor management(in 5 reviews)

• Enganginging with cutting edge technology(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • There is a high level of dissatisfaction among the sales managers in India regarding their remuneration packages(in 4 reviews)

• They just added time to do things that ultimately, no one cared about anyway(in 4 reviews)

Professional, challenging and motivating.

ProsGlobal recognised organisations with a solid market place. Great environment at work place.

ConsDifficulty and/or lack of organisation towards project management.

The most frustrating company I have worked for !!!!!!

Operations (Current Employee) Newquay, England

ProsSalary - the salary is competitive - must be hazard pay !
    It's a large company and as such has some corporate culture / structure.
    Tea break time to talk with other employees.

Cons- Leadership - does not exist - all Managers that are constantly firefighting
    - office / business culture - people don't "like to work" here, lots of upset, demotivated people
    - sucks the energy / motivation out of you
    - don't expect reviews or much communication with your boss
    - reviews not linked with goals and objectives or salary rises
    - expect to suck up and work lots of hours
    - training - you won't have time
    - you won't have time to resolve issues - just paper over the gaping cracks
    - change does not happen - the culture is not to change.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the poor Management, start Leading, communicating and respecting/empowering employees - then things will start to improve !

Worst company ever worked.. SAP department with full of idiot managers - bullying is a daily business

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOk salary, nice office location

ConsPoor management, no planning, you will be throwed at any point of time irrespective of your good work

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Depressing place to work. No job satisfaction

Shop Floor (Current Employee) Redruth, England

ProsUsed to pay well .Was an enjoyable place to work

ConsEmployees are just an expendable resource and the years of service count for nothing .At the bottom level your opinion doesn't count and is never asked for .Generally treated like children and all that counts is profit for the shareholders at the employees expense

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees as an asset

Too much change, too little planning

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Portsmouth, South East England, England

ProsAmazing people to work with
    Exciting markets to work in
    Strong technologies still leading the market

ConsSince the change in CEO, massive cut backs at the coal face, and ever increasing numbers of VPs appointed from the ranks of Friends of Larry, but very slow to bring forward concrete plans - long on talk, short on positive constructive action. Seem content to take the nice reward package, at the expense of the ordinary employee.
    Too much more from less.
    Lots of focus on emerging markets (BRICS, EMEA) but what VoC activity there is, is so US-centred that management will never properly understand what these markets need. Even in the US, Pall are divorced from real customer contact as there is no direct selling - how can they claim to understand their markets in such circumstances?
    No really new products in some core markets for many years, at least two years before changes in R&D will make a difference, if it survives that long.
    SLS was a core aspect of the selling model, but Industrial has been cut back so far, support to core business is all but impossible.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart involving the coal face employees in planning how to change this organisation for the better.
    Drop your US-centric, not invented here arrogance, get into the real world and meet some dissatisfied customers.

If you like unprofessional and bullying environment, go for Pall! You will be not disappointed.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Portsmouth, North West England, England

ProsPeople seem to be nice.

Cons- extremely poor people and project management, f.e. personal and project objectives / timelines not established / respected (SMART objectives are not known in Pall)
    - lack of any vision with priorities changing every daily (!) makes even very simple project stressful and unpleasant experience
    - poor knowledge and professionalism (Pall Life Sciences) of some managers
    - micromanagement, bullying, and race/nationality/sex discrimination, lack of personal respect
    - managers with "dictatorship" managerial style are quite common
    - poor perspective for professional development

Cost focused

Technical Sales Manager (Current Employee) Brisbane (Australia)

ProsThe company looks after it's staff. High quality of accommodation when travelling for company

ConsIt's hard to move up the ladder. Focus on cost's is huge. No new products. Too many chiefs and not enough Indians. Plenty of managers trying to justify their existence - complex management structure. Little opportunity for employees to voice their thoughts on company direction. Sales Incentive Plan does not provide incentive to perform. Sales projections don't reflect the existing market conditions - too high for industry down turn.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove the work life balance. Let employees have a voice that is listened to, backed up with results rather than empty promises.

Great experience, difficult upward mobility

TFF Applications R&D Engineer I (Current Employee) Westborough, MA (US)

ProsPall has allowed me to get some great hands-on experience in the Biopharmaceutical industry. It provided me with a balance of lab work, analysis, and reporting, greatly enhancing my professional skills.

ConsI have been working as a contractor for almost 2 years and there seems to be little opportunities for that to turn into a full time position. From my conversations with others, it also seems that upward mobility and promotions from within are rare.

Weak local management that does not allow career advancement

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Cortland, NY (US)

ProsGood corporate benefits and policys

ConsAt local level people are not happy with management. Hostile work environment with no room for personal growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart treating employees with respect and fairness.

World Class organization chasing Wall Street valuation at the expense of people

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI enjoyed working close to home.

ConsConstant restructuring that left many very competant, qualified employees unemployed.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't neglect your Systems business

Worked for Pall? Contribute to the Community!