Panera Bread

3.1
1,250 Reviews

Panera Bread CEO Ronald Shaich
Ronald Shaich

Pros
  • You get a discount on food and I met a lot of great people working there (in 72 reviews)

• Decent wage and free food at the end of the day if the managers are nice (in 53 reviews)

Cons
  • many employees don't work hard so those that do just end up doing double the amount of work (in 27 reviews)

• IT is a minimum wage paying job best fit for a high school or college student (in 46 reviews)

More Highlights

Panera Bread

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Louisville, KY (US)
    Current Employee - Cashier in Louisville, KY (US)

I have been working at Panera Bread part-time for less than a year

Pros

Really loved the atmosphere and people. It was a great experience for me. As a college student needing part time work it was just what I needed. They give you a lot of opportunities to train in other parts of the shop in order to make you more beneficial to the company which can also increase your pay.

Cons

The job being so far from my school I would usually call for my work schedule so I wouldn't have to waste the bus ride, one of the managers I guess got tired of it and refused to let me know my schedule for the week. Sucked but that's the only con I have.

A professional and warm company to work for as an associate.

Current Employee - Associate  in  Portland, OR (US)
    Current Employee - Associate in Portland, OR (US)

I have been working at Panera Bread part-time for less than a year

Pros

I like the fact that they give to charity every night and that I get 65% discount on all the food. They are clean and you can move up quickly in the company.

Cons

Work during lunch hour can be stressful so be up for the challenge. You will either open very early or be closing very late. Sometimes you will get a shift in the middle of the day but not always. They are flexible.

Good company values. I like that they are flexible with us.

Great place to start and grow

Former Employee - Associate Trainer/Planet Bread Teacher  in  Mount Pleasant, MI (US)
    Former Employee - Associate Trainer/Planet Bread Teacher in Mount Pleasant, MI (US)

I worked at Panera Bread part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great training, great coworker and manager relationships, you'll never get bored because things always change, great opportunities to get promoted

Cons

scheduling inconsistencies, careless coworkers and managers

Remember we are working with food and don't make employees feel bad for not always being able to control ticket times during lunch rushes and major events

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

cashier

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Newburgh, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Cashier in Newburgh, NY (US)

I worked at Panera Bread part-time for more than a year

Pros

60% discount on food, not too hard of a job, easy to understand. very flexible schedule. foods great!

Cons

panera sometimes focuses too much on pleasing their customers instead of taking care of their employees. after all we are the main part of the restaurant.

take care of your employees first

Working for Panera was a good experience for me

Former Employee - Associate Trainer  in  Norfolk, VA (US)
    Former Employee - Associate Trainer in Norfolk, VA (US)

I worked at Panera Bread part-time for more than a year

Pros

Opportunities for growth, flexible schedules especially for students, discounts on food. Panera also donates food at the end of the day.

Cons

Having to complete the online courses every couple of months

Wonderful work environment

Former Employee - Panera Bread Associate  in  Tampa, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Panera Bread Associate in Tampa, FL (US)

I worked at Panera Bread full-time for more than a year

Pros

I loved working here. If you're energetic and don't mind speaking to people all day then this job is perfect for you. They were very flexible with my schedule and the work environment was very friendly.

Cons

Sometimes you may need to work early hours (6a.m) but since you choose your schedule most times, this can be avoided

Stay positive

Good company to work for; enough resources to get the job done

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Lexington-Fayette, KY (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY (US)

I have been working at Panera Bread full-time

Pros

Training is good. Fun, family atmosphere which is hard to find in a large corporation. Management are engaging without being smothering; upper management allows us enough liberties to do our jobs while ensuring we maintain consistent standards.

Cons

Waking up at 4am can get old. These cafes are not easy to manage; there is a lot going on at any given time and it can sometimes feel overwhelming.

Take some responsibility for the continued training of your managers instead of placing so much emphasis on "self-learning"

Decent PT job while going to school

I worked at Panera Bread part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great food, respect from managers most of the time, fun people to work with. There was always something to do. Most of the customers were great and really loved Panera. Good training program.

Cons

Same cons as in most food prep and dining establishments - dealing with customers, long hours at times, on your feet a lot.

Better training and support for your managers.

Company believes in the quality of food they serve to the customers.

Former Employee - Associate  in  Phila, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Associate in Phila, PA (US)

I worked at Panera Bread part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good place to work if you love pastries :) They are very serious about their pastries/food menu and value customers with good quality food.

Cons

long hours, low pay, high turnaround

try to hire less teenagers and more grown-ups.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Hourly
    Current Employee - Hourly

I have been working at Panera Bread full-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent training (could be more structured), Good people, Management are pretty good as a whole but a few I've seen do not follow safe food procedures, Decent strating wage (In my situation at least. I brought more than 20 years in the food industry to the table.

Cons

Employees are not supervised to a high standard. Managers tend to let things slide for too long. . .IE dishes piling up at the wash station, supervising production, spot checking quality of products.

If you are in management, rmember how and why you got there and strive to do your jobs correctly. If you aren't doing your job correctly, you can't expect your hourlies to do the same.

Worked for Panera Bread? Contribute to the Community!