Paycom

Updated 17 December 2014
4.3

Paycom President Chad Richison
Chad Richison

Pros
  • If you put in the hard work they will definitely reward you back (in 13 reviews)

• That comes with being part of a rapidly growing company (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is poor, as my life began to revolve around the job (in 9 reviews)

• I guess if you don't like hard work it could be considered a con (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

Change. Opportunities. Growth. Reward.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I have been working at Paycom full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Change: Paycom is constantly changing and moving at a fast pace because we do what it takes to make our clients happy with our customer service and products. We are constantly creating new ideas and innovating products to improve our system.

Opportunities: This is not an easy job, but the best part of it is that we receive opportunities daily. Most would see these as "challenges" but it is all on your perspective. Because of the constant changes and developments, this brings opportunities to think outside the box, create new ideas, learn new skill(s), and improve yourself personally and professionally. You will learn something new at least once a day.

Growth: These opportunities that we receive daily only stretch us to grow personally and professionally. This is where our most success comes from. If we see ourselves improving then our work effort will increase. Paycom and ourselves benefit from this. The more Paycom grows and improves, the more we grow and improve.

Reward: If we put in the hard work to help build this company to be successful then the more reward we get as individuals. The satisfactory of overcoming an opportunity is extremely rewarding. These actions do not go unnoticed. The managers and executives notice when hard work is being put forth and that you are dedicated to the company's vision. This leads to recognition and promotions. On top of that, the company environment is phenomenal! Everyone is so welcoming and have the same passion of striving towards Paycom's vision. The company takes care of its employees by offering fantastic benefits, affordable lunches daily, cheap vending snack/drink items, themed functions to participate in, competitions and etc.

Cons

Leadership Trainings/Classes: This is specifically for those who really what to grow and move forward as a leader. For a company you talks highly about its leaders and looking for the next leaders, having leadership course available would be beneficial. There are hardly classes or trainings on this to better ourselves. This is something that is not completely available to us.

Hearing your employee's feedback is great. It lets us know that we do not go unnoticed or unheard. Since Paycom is known for its hard working employees and great services, it lets us know you truly care. Continue to fight and stand for us and we will continue to do what is asked of us as employees.

Leaving a job I like, to work for Paycom

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Paycom full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Prior to Paycom, I had worked about 4 years at a company that I somewhat enjoyed. The workload was manageable, the pay wasn't terrible, and the flex time/work schedule was awesome.
    Unfortunately, I was at a point in my life that I promised I would never get to- Mediocrity.
    I would wake up, drag myself to the office, work my tail off, receive no recognition, and then convince myself at night "Well, it could be worse".

The first time I arrived in the Paycom parking lot, it was clear that this was a completely different ballgame.
    People were happy to be working... (weird, I know)

I started in Paycom in 2014, and yes the pay is great, the benefits are great, catered lunches, but I think the biggest selling point is the employees.
    I have never been at a place where people in completely different departments interact as a working community. Somehow it seems that everyone knows each other, and they are always happy to see each other in passing.

I now have a career where I can actually see my work pay off. I am rewarded and recognized for my success.

I was able to rely on my team for advice and tips while getting started. There wasn't the whole "awkward stage" of getting to know everyone and developing team chemistry before you can feel like you belong - It seems like they were happy to have me on the team, and immediately welcomed me in.

I seriously wake up in the morning looking forward to the day. Even on days where required to work late, I drive home with a smile because of how much I DON'T hate my job.
    ... and then when you think it couldn't get better, your department randomly throws an awesome team lunch or something.

If you love personal drama- you will probably hate Paycom.
    If you are looking for a job where you can shop online or play solitaire all day... you're going to have a bad time.

Cons

Hard work- Occasional long hours (based on department)
    - I was spoiled with a flexible schedule at my previous employer.

Contagious culture, top notch colleagues and opportunities

I have been working at Paycom

Pros

I cannot wait to get to work each day to be part of our fun culture and experience another day in the life of a Paycom-er. From philanthropic initiatives to in-depth, useful training and amazing benefits it is hard to beat working at Paycom. The desire for growth among individuals and departments is inspiring as it reaches across departments to really transform mindset, leadership and initiatives. We have the strongest and brightest leadership in the business and they continue to expand opportunities for their teams and their future.

Cons

No comment at this time.

Continue to invest your time and talents in your teams - your leadership is contagious.

Blessed to be working for such an AMAZING company!!

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative

I have been working at Paycom

Pros

I have been at Paycom for right at 1 year and I have never felt more appreciated in my role. This company truly does value their employees. If you like to be rewarded for your hard work than Paycom is the right company for you. I have high expectations for my career path and those expectations can finally be met with a company like this! The training that Paycom offered blew me away! Our very own CSO conducted the corporate training; I learned more from the CSO in 1 week then I learned with my previous company in 8 weeks!

Cons

What cons? This company values their employees and offers an amazing compensation structure and benefits package! Work hard play harder!

Best culture, compensation, and long-term career growth potential!

Current Employee - Outside Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Consultant

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

Compensation and benefits are beyond competitive.
    Team environment
    Ability to grow within the company and be promoted quickly based on performance.

Cons

I don't currently have any cons for Paycom. If you work hard you will succeed. If you thrive on goal-based achievement then Paycom is the right choice.

Keep listening to your employees- you do a great job of implementing changes when necessary and acknowledging requests, even if action can't be taken at that time.

Do you want to be a successful sales rep?

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Indianapolis, IN (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Indianapolis, IN (US)

I have been working at Paycom full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Challenging
    - Professional - high level sales
    - Not for the weak
    - Amazing training
    - Promote on talent not tenure
    - Great ramp up period to build your pipeline
    - Amazing marketing team who works with the sales team
    - Great compensation at Exec. Rep level
    - Your not selling just a tangible item, your selling an item that affects not only the company, but the employees and their families.

This is truly a high level, executive sales position. You have to be prepared for long hours, a lot of work, and to be able to push your self farther then you ever have before. If you can do that - success in your professional and personal life is just around the corner! Also, the long hours don't last forever! You truly just have to get over the new rep hump!

Cons

-Limited management training program
    -Sick and Vacation time
    -No COL adjustment

Managers need a stronger management training program to be better prepared for it, not just thrown in. They all turn out to be very successful, but I think with more up front training it would help with the lag time.

BTW - Paycom didn't force me to write this review. They ask all their employees to share their experience with friends, family, and on social media if they feel comfortable. Glassdoor is a great tool to find out about companies and I thought it was very important that people know the great things at Paycom. You are truly in charge of your own success, but it won't be easy to get. I am a true believer that success is sweeter when you have to fight for it.

Paycom Response

Dec 10, 2014Representative

Thank you for taking the time to tell others about your experience and letting us know about your concerns. We are placing an emphasis on additional training for all leaders within the organization ... More

Moving on up

Current Employee - Paycom Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Current Employee - Paycom Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I have been working at Paycom full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are so many things to like about Paycom. A few I can think of are:

-Each position has a defined track of development. You're never left with a question of when your next raise is coming- it is all laid out for you. Advancement is based on productivity, not seniority.
    -Great benefits. Employees pay $1 for health insurance. If you have a family, they have tiered options from which to choose your health benefits to make it more affordable.
    -Fun activities! We have a yearly fall festival to the pumpkin patch, Santa comes to corporate, and National Payroll Week is a blast!
    - Paycom also generously gives to the community. I won't work for a company that won't give.

Cons

Holidays are our busiest time. Being a customer focused organization, we have to make sure we are here for our customers. That means little time off at the end of the year. Most employees are able to earn overtime to get additional money during that time though.

Keep up the good work. Continue to look at benefits and vacation.

The grass is green right here!

Current Employee - Supervisor in Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I have been working at Paycom full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Paycom is constantly looking for ways to make the culture and perks the best around for employees. They offer catered lunches every day for $4 from eat-in quality restaurants. To burn off the lunches they offer boot camp, zumba and yoga classes several times each day in our gym facility. You can also participate in intramural activities like basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf... etc. I only pay $1 for health insurance every pay-period, which is unheard of. They are also very aware of the market and competitive pay!

Outside of the monetary perks, one of the best parts about working at Paycom is the opportunity to build a career and to promote quickly. You don't have to wait for someone to die or retire to promote at Paycom like you do at many other places. That sounds terrible, but it's true! I've been given the opportunity to grow and advance very quickly, even though most of my working experience has only been with Paycom. I have grown tremendously both personally and professionally since working here. I know that they invest in me as an employee and want me to succeed and meet all of my goals.

Cons

Paycom moves quickly and is always looking to improve. You should certainly embrace change and be willing to grow personally and professionally if you are hired at Paycom!

My experience at Paycom has amazing! The career of a lifetime!

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Paycom full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked for Paycom for almost 3 years and have nothing but positive things to say. I am grateful to have a career that I view as the career of a lifetime. Paycom provides endless opportunity to grow professionally and financially. I enjoy the challenge and get to work with true executives everyday. Paycom has completely changed my life and perspective on professionalism. Paycom rewards you for your hard work. You can become as financially successful as you want to be. You determine your income!!!

Cons

I have no cons, unless you do not enjoy hard work!

Keep up with the positive culture!

Paycom Response

Dec 19, 2014Representative

Thank you for telling others about your experience at Paycom. Keep up the great work!

NEW! - The Truth - worth the read

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Paycom full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The truth. As an intelligent sales professional in the job market, you have many choices. Reading through reviews, find the winners. There are two categories:

1) Those who made it
        2) Those who “couldn’t make it”

You never find a person who can make it complaining, they’re too busy succeeding or moving forward. Unless planning for failure, listen to the honest success stories.

Paycom is an amazing opportunity. It will not suit everyone, but for those it does, it opens the door to “rare opportunities” that are hard to find.

1) Opportunity. (#1 reason to work here) At Paycom I get to write my own ticket. Paycom rewards top performers, not seniority. That's refreshing from my previous jobs.

2) Great Culture. It’s what makes you happy to come in each day. Every day at Paycom brings new challenges, but the team approach and support system is what drives me forward. Sales Managers and Sales Teams become like a big work family. Doing fun team outings or picking each other up to continue fighting, we're in this together and in to win.

3) Reward for effort. Not just life changing compensation (which even negative people admit is true), but also recognition and personal growth.

Greatest aspects of the corporation:
        1) Strong CEO – Leadership starts top down.

2) Best Product - Hard to believe until you start to compete and see for yourself. So easy to win with.

3) Best Service – Company that can deliver what you promise. It's your reputation.

4) Structured training and support system. The resources are there for those who embrace and apply them. Programs are focused on creating business professionals, not just “sales” people. We also spend a lot of time focused on personal training. You’ll be a better person/friend/parent/spouse after learning the keys to a strong mental game and how to live an executive lifestyle.

5) Dream maker. The right company helps you reach "your" goals.

Cons

It's not easy. There's a lot of information. Requires strong commitment upfront. Have to not only learn product and industry, but more importantly how to solve the real business problems executives are faced with today. It's not a show and tell sale. It's a listen, solve, and build value by helping companies reach their strategic objectives.

In addition, you have to build a pipeline. It hard work, but doesn't take long if you work smart. Paycom provides a strong list of qualified prospects to start with and protected territories. The resources are definitely available.

To be successful here you have to do hard things. Everyone wants the money, recognition, and status this job can provide, but not everyone is serious about the decision to do what it takes. It's not always comfortable. Good news is it gets easy once you learn the material/process and build a solid pipeline. The accomplishment and gratification are worth it.

Keep doing what you're doing. In all my years, I've never seen the comp plan change for the worst. I can clearly see our vision and the path to get there.