Paycom

Updated 22 October 2014
4.4

Paycom President Chad Richison
Chad Richison

Pros
  • If you put in the hard work they will definitely reward you back (in 13 reviews)

• Compensation is good and there is always room for growth in your career (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance at the beginning is definitely difficult (in 7 reviews)

• I guess if you don't like hard work it could be considered a con (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Sales Career

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I have been working at Paycom full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The Paycom culture is exciting and energetic. There is plenty of room to grow and the benefits are great!

Cons

Hard work and long hours, but it's worth it!

The most Complacent and Gratifying place to work!

Current Employee - Marketing Database Administrative in Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Current Employee - Marketing Database Administrative in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I have been working at Paycom full-time (less than an year)

Pros

THE BEST work environment, GYM (open on weekends) boot camps/Zumba, tasty catered lunches for only $4(Qdoba, Interurban, Sophabellas, Swadley's), $1 health care, beautiful building, optional training offered throughout each month, growing company with so much room for personal and professional growth!

Cons

Honestly, compared to all my other jobs i cannot think of a single con here at Paycom.

Paycom is a wonderful place to grow and succeed

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Boston, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at Paycom full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Paycom makes sure to show all of their employees appreciation, whether it be through company events, trips, or even just words of encouragement. The founders of Paycom instilled a great company culture from the get go and it can still be seen 15 years later. Paycom also is great about advancement by constantly giving career opportunities and they provide great benefits for their employees.

Cons

The vacation and sick policy isn't ideal, however, you will enjoy being at work and will not want to take a day off if you don't have to!

May 23, 2014Representative

Thank you for letting others know about your experience at Paycom.

Great Career Choice

Current Employee - New Client Setup Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Current Employee - New Client Setup Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I have been working at Paycom full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Not only the new hire training, but the constant training that employees go through on a daily basis. Gym, catered lunches, boot camps, awesome work environment. Constantly growing which means room for growth in your career!

Cons

While growth is a pro, it's also a con. We are experiencing growing pains like any company that grows this quickly would. Need more people! Days are long. You're lucky if you're actually able to take a lunch and leave at 5:00.

None. We have the best of the best.

Unhappy Experience

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Paycom full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Competitive Base Salary
    Good baseline sales experience

Cons

Turnover is unbelievably bad - They lose reps left and right and don't seem to care. No job security at all.
    The PTO policy is horrible - No Work Life balance at all.
    Managers and upper management micro manage everyone

"The Boiler Room" on steroids

Unhappy clients due to lack of knowledge from the sales rep. Create a better defined infrastructure in setting deals up.

May 15, 2014Representative

I am sorry to hear you had a disappointing experience while serving as a sales rep. We pride ourselves on our advanced training curriculum that each rep goes through. Training opportunities are ... More

Good experience, unprofessional Company

Former Employee - Sales Executive
    Former Employee - Sales Executive

I worked at Paycom full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good pay, good benefits, good experience. The culture is young, energetic people that are excited to succeed. The product is actually quite strong.

Cons

Management is beyond horrendous. Micro-management is an understatement (phone calls throughout the day to see if you are where you said you would be - something that was unwarranted as that trust had never been broken). Management is incredibly self-serving as well, and extremely cliquey. I felt like I was back in junior high.

Extremely unprofessional in many areas including HR (Paycom's HR), management, crisis recovery, role specification (roles not clearly defined), and sales support.

Turnover is very high in the industry, and this company is no different. They will kick you to the curb for absolutely no reason, and refuse to give you the cause (I'm in an at-will state). You are nothing more than a number as a sales person at this company (which is deceiving given that this is an executive sale company).

Be prepared to work 70-80 hours/week while your manager cuts out early on a regular basis. Work/life balance is poor, as my life began to revolve around the job.

Everything you'll do within the company is smoke and mirrors. There is a sense of fear that rolls down hill throughout the company that comes from poor job security. Regionals are scared of the CSO, the office managers are scared of the regionals, and sales reps are either scared or buddy/buddy with their managers. If you start in sales here, be ready to play the game. You'll see how different your manager is the first time your Regional visits the office - smoke and mirrors.

I would not recommend the industry to anyone, but there are better companies within it. Not necessarily from a product standpoint, but from an organizational level.

After their successful IPO, the culture exploded into a much worse atmosphere than it already was.

Clean house in management and take ownership of your sales offices. Clean up the support side of things, as often reps are left to fend for themselves. Fix the cliquey culture, it is indicative of young, unprofessional persons; and reflects poorly on you.

May 23, 2014Representative

We are sorry to hear of your experience, but appreciate your candid feedback. I can assure you this is a unique situation within our sales organization and something we are looking into. Our sales ... More

Challenging but fair.

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Paycom full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great benefits. World class training. Room for improvement. Do not apply if you need constant guidance. Takes a certain kind of independent spirit and a ton of motivation to do this job. Not for the faint of heart.

Cons

The PTO is limited the first year of employment.

None, doing a great job and still improving.

Growing Pains

I worked at Paycom full-time

Pros

Good benefits. Nice corporate facility. Lots of activities

Cons

Micro managed. Lack of internal technical automatiion support, although the IT group is generally pretty strong.

Get ahead of the growth by solidifying the internal support processes.

True Professional

Current Employee - Outside Sales Consultant in DFW, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Consultant in DFW, TX (US)

I have been working at Paycom full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Paycom has provided me the opportunity to truly reach my full potential and I'm very fortunate to be working for such an amazing company. Working for Paycom has definitely opened my eyes up to what a true professional is and they have shaped me to be better overall. They have a world class training program and also managers who lead by example and care about making each and every person successful.

Cons

I can't say that I have any cons regarding the position or Paycom. Everyone has been extremely helpful from day one, so I definitely have no complaints.

Continue to instill hard work and professionalism from the top down.

Great first job!

Current Employee - Transition Specialist Representative
    Current Employee - Transition Specialist Representative

I have been working at Paycom full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very competitive starting base salary as well as performance based compensation. Amazing Health coverage. Paid training. A lot of opportunity to take on responsibilities.

Cons

PTO and Holidays are lacking a bit.