Pegasus Solutions

Updated 6 September 2014
2.8

Pegasus Solutions CEO David Millili
David Millili

Good place to work, great colleagues, incompetent high level management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  London, England
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at Pegasus Solutions

Pros

Colleagues, flexible, Half day Friday during summer hours

Cons

Bad decisions being made by owners, CEO etc
    Knowledgeable high level employees being made redundant
    Losing key clients
    Seem to be going downhill hence
    Old and inconsistent systems

Not to get rid of senior employees who had been at the company for 10 years

May get better now that there has been a mass clear out of the 'C level' positions (including CEO)

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  London, England
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at Pegasus Solutions full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Hard working loyal staff with great industry knowledge desperate to make the company great again. Customers are willing to put up with a lot to help make the company succeed.

Cons

Lack of agility with products and services and completely ineffective leadership in US & UK. Lack of focus on the 'cash-cows' of Financial Services and Utell Hotels has meant that creativity has been squashed and position has been lost to competitors.

Continue the clear-out and then start bringing back some of the inspirational leaders that ran the company in US & Europe the early 00's

Training

Current Employee - Analyst  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Analyst in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Pegasus Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Management are provided work staff with company health.

Cons

No training procedures or standard work.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to work when Pegasus still managed its own datacenter operations

Former Employee - Datacenter Analyst  in  Scottsdale, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Datacenter Analyst in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

I worked at Pegasus Solutions full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

- good career opportunities in technology/ development areas
    - Good culture and attitude around work/life balance
    - great attitude towards remote telecommute work.

Cons

Bad leadership decisions to outsource operations.

This is very specialized technology and tribal knowledge has special value

Too bad they took their eyes off the prize

Current Employee - Customer Support  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Support in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at Pegasus Solutions full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Pegasus Solutions has both Caring Execs and dedicated employees. There are definitely good people working in each office. Very smart group of developers. Not much room for personal growth.

Cons

The execs focused on the "res" side of the house. RVNG was a big dog with fleas and should not have been forced down the independent hoteliers throats. The previous management team was obviously incentivized to push the product out into the market place even though almost the entire company knew it was not ready for prime time.

BEST. EMPLOYER. EVER.

Former Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst
    Former Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst

I worked at Pegasus Solutions full-time

Pros

Don't want to learn new technology? Not a problem! 10-15 year old knowledge of programming will work just fine!
    The initial compensation is very good! In fact, Pegasus Solutions loves spending money! I only wish I knew where their infinite supply of funds comes from, which I know it exists because if they didn't have it, they'd be losing a lot of money these last several years...
    Hate performance reviews? Not a problem, those are non-existant! Just like the raises you would expect to receive afterwards.. but hey, who needs those! Consistent technology, consistent salary!
    Have a friend who wants to work at Pegasus Solutions? Not a problem! Pegasus Solutions loves hiring your friends, no matter how unqualified they may be! In fact, knowing the right people is a GREAT way to get ahead in this company! No skills required! At all!
    Hate learning the names of the senior management? Not a problem! Senior Management shifts around so often that there's no reason to bother learning who they are! And they're always kind enough to let you focus on your work and not bother you with annoying details like the direction of the company or how our customer relations are doing!

Cons

I am only sad that we no longer get to work at Pegasus Solutions anymore... They were doing SO WELL and then suddenly it's if they've been having trouble for years and then the branch has to close. It took us all by surprise, as SURELY we would have been warned if they knew this would happen... nope, I can't think of ANYTHING as a real con to working at Pegs.

Don't listen to the critics! I love it that management changes up its style seemingly every year! It gives us a healthy break to do work more slowly for awhile while keeping us from getting stuck in a rut because our product is from the 90's!

Enjoyable place to work!

I have been working at Pegasus Solutions full-time

Pros

The benefits at Pegasus are great and they offer a very flexible schedule. Enjoyable group of people.

Cons

Recently the company outings/gatherings have been decreasing, although they continue to celebrate birthdays/anniversaries monthly.

Enter with caution.

I worked at Pegasus Solutions full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

While merit reviews have been non-existent for several years now, Pegasus does pay well.
    Aside from the usual office politics, there are some great people working at Pegasus.

Cons

Current C-level management is driving the company further in to the ground. They continue to cut staff and are at the point where they are simply "running on fumes".

I think it's time to refresh all C-level management while there is still something left to resurrect.

Pegasus is a GREAT place to work

I have been working at Pegasus Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I've worked at Pegasus for over three years and I love it here. The people I work with are fantastic and they really care about what they do. Unlike many other companies I've worked for in the past, Pegasus provides its employees with a great work-life balance. I rarely work more than 40 hours a week.

Cons

There was a recent shakeup in management and a lot of people didn't like the changes that were made. Although I don't agree with all of them, I think things run more efficiently than in the past.

Management could bring back some of the morale building activities we used to have, but besides that I have no complaints.

Pegasense is nonsense

I have been working at Pegasus Solutions full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

IF you can actually get the pay you deserve then the pay is good. Benefits are good, but they used to be better. Paid time off is abundant especially after you have worked for the company for longer, but this does no make up for all the areas that are lacking, If your coworkers are kept long enough for you to get to know it can be a enjoyable team environment; however, the company is such a mess at this point that it's generally joyless. The company used to be very employee oriented, but this too is gone.

Cons

Where to begin? The company has been in a downward spiral since 2007 and things continue to get worse daily. Financially, I am not sure the company has much more time left. The new CRS is absolutely horrible, not user friendly for hotel staff, full of defects, and has run off so many customers it's not even funny! There is no morale whatsoever. No company outings, gatherings, or anything. They can't even afford to pass out cookies and eggnog for Christmas anymore. We used to have a big employee appreciation party annually, but that is long gone. The departments did not even decorate for Christmas this last year. Almost everything has been taken from the employees. It started with the larger gatherings many years ago, then they took away the paper plates, plastic-ware, and cups. There is still crappy free coffee, sugar, and powdered creamer. However, if you lose or break the coffee mug the company provided a few years ago then you are on your own. The plants in the building were literally auctioned off after they let the plant lady go. The Scottsdale location has gotten rid of so many employees and is in such a financial mess that not only half they moved all Pegasus employees to the second floor but we have been squished into one side of the second floor so they can sublease the other half. The first and third floors have been subleased so if you are a Pegasus employee good luck on finding parking. Please allow 10 to 15 mins to find a parking spot. The staff is given no training, documentation, or direction whatsoever. Attempting to help customers is often a guessing game and you will spend the majority of your time searching for some sort of documentation for a clue on how to assist them. The company has laid off mass amounts of employees so many times in the last 7 years and many have left on their own. Management is a joke and those even higher in the company are worse. There is favoritism and politics galore. People are literally allowed to not do their jobs and even when it is brought to managements attention there is absolutely nothing done about it. Did I mention that the company is so poor they turned the cable off for a period of time. Benefits like 401K matching have been taken away. Anytime we actually get a good manager they are not with the company long for fear of being let go and just the general disgust of watching how things are done. Customers are so unhappy with the systems, customer service, lies, and so forth that it can be extremely unpleasant to correspond with them especially when you have no power to actually make a difference for them. There is no chance of a raise, bonus, or moving up in the company. The company is lacking in so many areas that it does not have much chance to survive.

Get rid of current management. Bring back employee appreciation and team building. Focus on what is best for your customers so they can be retained. Stop nitpicking the minuscule finances. Bring back 401K matching and provide better benefits. Focus on the employees who are making the company stay afloat before they all leave and the ship sinks.

Worked for Pegasus Solutions? Contribute to the Community!