Pegasus Solutions

Be The First To
Add Photos

Pegasus Solutions CEO David Millili

David Millili

Good place to work, great colleagues, incompetent high level management

London, England

I worked at Pegasus Solutions

ProsColleagues, flexible, Half day Friday during summer hours

ConsBad decisions being made by owners, CEO etc
Knowledgeable high level employees being made redundant
Losing key clients
Seem to be going downhill hence
Old and inconsistent systems

Advice to Senior ManagementNot to get rid of senior employees who had been at the company for 10 years

May get better now that there has been a mass clear out of the 'C level' positions (including CEO)

London, England

I worked at Pegasus Solutions full-time for more than 10 years

ProsHard working loyal staff with great industry knowledge desperate to make the company great again. Customers are willing to put up with a lot to help make the company succeed.

ConsLack of agility with products and services and completely ineffective leadership in US & UK. Lack of focus on the 'cash-cows' of Financial Services and Utell Hotels has meant that creativity has been squashed and position has been lost to competitors.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue the clear-out and then start bringing back some of the inspirational leaders that ran the company in US & Europe the early 00's

Review

I worked at Pegasus Solutions full-time for more than 10 years

Prostime-off is about as average as other companies

Consmanagement does not appreciate their employees, only themselves matter

Not an employee oriented company

I worked at Pegasus Solutions full-time for more than 10 years

ProsUsed to be a good company

ConsThis was a great place to work at one time - not any more. They used to be employee oriented and since changing upper manage about a year ago, all that is gone. The have let many long term good employees and they don't care what the employees think about the company anymore or what happens.

Lack of transparency

I have been working at Pegasus Solutions full-time for more than a year

ProsGood benefits, great work environment and flexibility, great team relationships.

ConsThe executive level doesn't readily share the vision of the company. Has a tendency to be secretive at times lending to distrust. The Product department lacks vision and support from the executive level to grow the business.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter communication, better evaluation process, better development processes. Better support and leeway for Product to be on the bleeding edge of technology in the industry.

It was a great company to work for once upon a time.

Director (Former Employee)

I worked at Pegasus Solutions full-time for more than 10 years

ProsMost of the people are dedicated workers who care about the products, the service and the customer. The company used to have employee events that created a fun culture and encouraged people to get to know each other. Enjoyed working with the employees from the offices in other countries.

ConsSome Sales people sold contracts that weren't appropriate for the service the company could provide and the support departments ended up with unhappy customers. CRS was a huge drain on resources and maintenance causing employees to always be reactive and not proactive. Employee engagement activities ceased with new management in July 2012. No merit increases, but if so to the few, just pennies. Being a VP lost it's meaning.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake up your mind and stick with an organizational set up. Stop the mentality of employees needing to watch their back and being afraid to speak up for fear of being terminated. Put credible, knowledgeable, people in SVP and VP roles who truly deserve that title.

Good Employer - Lacked vision but should be changing

I worked at Pegasus Solutions full-time

ProsThe People are great, a strong team atmosphere

ConsRestructuring every 2 years is not a sign of progress. Should be changing with new leadership

Strong technology; weak sales and marketing

I have been working at Pegasus Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros- Employees work hard to solve customer problems
- Employees typically respect each other, even if they disagree; not a lot of drama/yelling
- Get to work on edge-case/high-performance technology issues

Cons- Private equity ownership and debt structure severely constrains spending, hampering ability to compete with larger/better funded competitors
- Recent management shake up adds significant uncertainty

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out what Pegasus wants to be -- a technology company or a hospitality company. But it can't be successful trying to be both

Devastatingly Awful

Human Resources (Former Employee)

I worked at Pegasus Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThere are some really good people there.

ConsFavoritism is out of control.
Bad behavior is rewarded.
Bullies are glorified.
Compensation is too low.
Morale has never improved.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe culture of the company needs to be re-examined and serious commitment to changed is necessary.
Serious leadership development is needed.
Release those that continue to be resistant to change (all levels of management)

A good place to collect a paycheck

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Pegasus Solutions

ProsManagement was willing to work with me to make sure I got time off when I needed to. The facility is nice.

ConsRewards and recognition are only given to the squeakiest wheel. Hard work, loyalty, and a commitment to trying to pull the company out of the pit that it's in are completely overlooked by middle management. People who just show up and do the minimum are treated as equally valuable as senior employees who try to innovate daily. If you want to just ride out your days as an IT professional, this is the perfect place for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementRe-evaluate who you have at the middle management (director) positions. Ask yourself if they have the technical knowledge to be leading their team. Put people in place that will reward subordinates who are busting their tails to meet deadlines.

Worked for Pegasus Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pegasus Solutions reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Pegasus Solutions CEO David Millili . All 23 reviews are posted anonymously by Pegasus Solutions employees.