Pentair

Be The First To
Add Photos

Pentair Chairman and CEO Randall J. Hogan

Randall J. Hogan

Pros
  • Good People to work with and good products ensure you the ability to sell materials(in 10 reviews)

• There are some great people to work with here and the company is stable(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • The work / life balance needs some work(in 3 reviews)

• Don't ever expect to spend time with your family, unless you are upper Management(in 4 reviews)

Kansas City facility - Very bad company to work for.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Kansas City, KS (US)

ProsLearn everything on your own.

ConsDirty and old building with broken furniture from the 70s.
    No training, no workable reasonable system in place.
    Don't value employees. Hard working employees are all over worked and got blamed ion everything. Lazy employees doesn't do anything and remain in the company because they can't leave.
    Inconsistence on policy execution towards different people.
    Manager that broke ethic rule doesn't receive any punishment or consequence. All they did was given that person a "talk"
    Unfair working environment and the company will abuse you of you work hard and do a good job.
    No communication between management and lower rank employees.
    No action taken even after employees asked for help multiple times.

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't see hope in this place changing.

Great place to work

Sales (Former Employee) Stafford, TX (US)

Prosculture is great. People are good to work with.

Conswork many hours and on weekends

White Bear Lake location

Value Stream Manager (Current Employee) White Bear Lake, MN (US)

ProsSome very good people working there. Good pay and benefits.

ConsVery Engineering centric, extremely high turnover especially of Value Stream Managers and very poor Safety controls in place.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a manager in place that drives Operations, Sales and Engineering... not just listen to Engineering.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

DECENT COMPANY

Design Engineer Trainee (Former Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsInformation is not suppressed or distorted, so people can find out what they need to know to do their work.
    Individuals are given meaningful chances to grow, becoming more valuable to the organization in the process.

ConsPeople’s day to day work makes sense to them, and they understand how their own jobs fit in with everyone else’s.
    And they are not hindered by stupid rules.

Advice to Senior Managementproper training to the employees

never a dull moment...

ProsWell run, good systems, strong on lean management and innovation, good teams, profitable company. Well diversified both from a business and geographic perspective. Strong product management company also. In high growth markets as well such as water.

ConsSometimes too bureaucratic - too much control in corporate office. They are a strong manufacturing company - but not all of their GBUs are in the manufacturing business.

Advice to Senior Managementdon't have so much control in corporate office - allow field offices and regions to be more autonomous to make decisions quicker

Inside Sales

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Diego, CA (US)

ProsManagement has changed again. Maybe these people are more professional and are waking up to how to run a large company like this one. Communication is opening up on what the company is doing as a whole. That hasn't filtered down to local management yet. Old habits are hard to break.

ConsThere is no chance for advancement there. Not one person was promoted in the four years I worked there. People are considered expendable. Benefits are not good. The location I where I was working was very cheap. Even let the receptionist go to save money. Even though we met or exceeded booking projections consistently. Processes in my department were not well documented. Which leads to too much tribal knowledge and confusion for everyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop changing the department name every year or so. Employees don't even know how to answer the phone. Update your website/websites. There are several. And all of them are difficult to navigate. How do you expect your customers to find out what location to contact for the product they need if the employees find it hard to do? Promote people internally instead of firing existing people and hiring new ones to replace them.

AMAZING!

ProsPositions off great Flexibility, Culture is fun!

ConsCareer paths not always clear

Project Engineer

Project Engineer (Current Employee) Saint Paul, MN (US)

ProsThere are some great people to work with here and the company is stable.

ConsAdvancement isn't seem to be a objective to the management

Advice to Senior ManagementLook within the company instead of always trying to bring new people all the time.

Great Company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsGreat Benefits at this company

ConsA lot people not happy being there

Pentair's EP Plant has nice people and a provides a clean safe place to work.

Manufacturing Engineering Intern (Former Employee) Anoka, MN (US)

ProsPentair has a number of processes that provide a good learning experience for any new engineer to the game. I highly recommend this company to anyone looking for a good job in manufacturing. All the people, from the factory operators all the way up to management, are nice approachable people, who are willing to help you and production in any way they can.

ConsThe downside to working in a plant that is definitely process advanced is that you will work at other places and realize how good you had it at Pentair. On the other side, it provides a good reference from systems and processes to implement anywhere you work forthcoming.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to involve all personnel in improvement projects.

Worked for Pentair? Contribute to the Community!