Pentair

Be The First To
Add Photos

Pentair Chairman and CEO Randall J. Hogan

Randall J. Hogan

Pros
  • Good People to work with and good products ensure you the ability to sell materials (in 10 reviews)

• good pay and better benefits, direct dposit with 24/7 computer access to payroll and benefits as well as employee discounts (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Very corporate which is good if you like this structure you must enjoy very limited work life balance to succeed (in 4 reviews)

• Don't ever expect to spend time with your family, unless you are upper Management (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

You are on your own

Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsOnly for graduates, just to realize that there are so many good other companies, only a few real specialists, experts

ConsNo real trainings with real experts, you can get training only if you have nothing to do which will never happen and if you get it you will regret of the things you could do instead. You may ask for a good chair for you but you will only get a kitchen chair instead. If you need to read A3 drawings you can reed it on your knees because in order to approve few chairs and desks 4 top managers should come to your office and 2 years to pass. Local manager can do nothing. When a new project starts every manager say to employees that they will get any help, but when it comes to a real case - no one can help as they never knew all those things. Futher budget reduction is expected. New employees may be paid more than experienced that have participated in all the projects during the year and successfully completed it (on time and high quality). When it comes to work on a very complex project your manager tells you that you are the only one who can do that (and you really are) but when it comes to pay rise - seems like all the words are forgotten. If you wanna pay rise - declare of your resignation. I don't know how many times this approach can work. Though you will be offered some pay rise but it wil be so uncompetitive so that you will leave anyways. No talent & career management at all. It is easier for the company to hire new guys. Money - is the only value for the company though it declare the other.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to listen to your employees. Don't try to paint a picture - do real things. Develop your employees.

Good company, but relatively slow decision making and frequent org changes

Director, Strategy (Current Employee)

ProsGood brands, strong operations. Focus on quarterly performance but has good long term strategic planning process. Talented and performance driven CEO

ConsFrequent org changes, slow growth. Not much reward for top performers. BU presidents not able to take bold decisions, still very US centric

Advice to Senior ManagementStabilize organization, recognize and give opportunities to top performers

Kansas City facility - Very bad company to work for.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Kansas City, KS (US)

ProsLearn everything on your own.

ConsDirty and old building with broken furniture from the 70s.
    No training, no workable reasonable system in place.
    Don't value employees. Hard working employees are all over worked and got blamed ion everything. Lazy employees doesn't do anything and remain in the company because they can't leave.
    Inconsistence on policy execution towards different people.
    Manager that broke ethic rule doesn't receive any punishment or consequence. All they did was given that person a "talk"
    Unfair working environment and the company will abuse you of you work hard and do a good job.
    No communication between management and lower rank employees.
    No action taken even after employees asked for help multiple times.

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't see hope in this place changing.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work

Sales (Former Employee) Stafford, TX (US)

Prosculture is great. People are good to work with.

Conswork many hours and on weekends

DECENT COMPANY

Design Engineer Trainee (Former Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsInformation is not suppressed or distorted, so people can find out what they need to know to do their work.
    Individuals are given meaningful chances to grow, becoming more valuable to the organization in the process.

ConsPeople’s day to day work makes sense to them, and they understand how their own jobs fit in with everyone else’s.
    And they are not hindered by stupid rules.

Advice to Senior Managementproper training to the employees

White Bear Lake location

Value Stream Manager (Current Employee) White Bear Lake, MN (US)

ProsSome very good people working there. Good pay and benefits.

ConsVery Engineering centric, extremely high turnover especially of Value Stream Managers and very poor Safety controls in place.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a manager in place that drives Operations, Sales and Engineering... not just listen to Engineering.

Inside Sales

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Diego, CA (US)

ProsManagement has changed again. Maybe these people are more professional and are waking up to how to run a large company like this one. Communication is opening up on what the company is doing as a whole. That hasn't filtered down to local management yet. Old habits are hard to break.

ConsThere is no chance for advancement there. Not one person was promoted in the four years I worked there. People are considered expendable. Benefits are not good. The location I where I was working was very cheap. Even let the receptionist go to save money. Even though we met or exceeded booking projections consistently. Processes in my department were not well documented. Which leads to too much tribal knowledge and confusion for everyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop changing the department name every year or so. Employees don't even know how to answer the phone. Update your website/websites. There are several. And all of them are difficult to navigate. How do you expect your customers to find out what location to contact for the product they need if the employees find it hard to do? Promote people internally instead of firing existing people and hiring new ones to replace them.

never a dull moment...

ProsWell run, good systems, strong on lean management and innovation, good teams, profitable company. Well diversified both from a business and geographic perspective. Strong product management company also. In high growth markets as well such as water.

ConsSometimes too bureaucratic - too much control in corporate office. They are a strong manufacturing company - but not all of their GBUs are in the manufacturing business.

Advice to Senior Managementdon't have so much control in corporate office - allow field offices and regions to be more autonomous to make decisions quicker

AMAZING!

ProsPositions off great Flexibility, Culture is fun!

ConsCareer paths not always clear

Project Engineer

Project Engineer (Current Employee) Saint Paul, MN (US)

ProsThere are some great people to work with here and the company is stable.

ConsAdvancement isn't seem to be a objective to the management

Advice to Senior ManagementLook within the company instead of always trying to bring new people all the time.

Worked for Pentair? Contribute to the Community!