Pentair Reviews

Updated 24 August 2014
Updated 24 August 2014

Pentair Chairman and CEO Randall J. Hogan
Randall J. Hogan

Pros
  • Good People to work with and good products ensure you the ability to sell materials (in 10 reviews)

• good pay and better benefits, direct dposit with 24/7 computer access to payroll and benefits as well as employee discounts (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Very corporate which is good if you like this structure you must enjoy very limited work life balance to succeed (in 4 reviews)

• Don't ever expect to spend time with your family, unless you are upper Management (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Decent Company

Former Employee - Program Manager  in  Grand Rapids, MI (US)
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Grand Rapids, MI (US)

I worked at Pentair full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I had a really good boss that listens and answer my questions

Cons

Not everyone are as helpful and eager to help

Better benefits are needed, and leadership is lacking in some departments

good place to work

Current Employee - Sales  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Sales in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Pentair full-time

Pros

flexible hours, good people, office culture

Cons

sometimes can be stressful when work is building up, stretched out thin

help people's careers

Do NOT work for this company, I repeat, do not!

Former Employee - Slave  in  Hanover Park, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Slave in Hanover Park, IL (US)

I worked at Pentair as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Absolutely nothing, Minimum wage to work in the blistering heat and terrible conditions.

Cons

Where do I begin, I have over 4 years of experience in warehouse and manufacturing, particularly, in the Steel industry. I worked here for one night at the Hanover Park, IL location and it has to be the worst job I have ever had. I'm a 24 year old male, I can handle extreme conditions, but this is just ridiculous, considering the pay. For 3rd shift they paid $9.25 an hour, which is by NO means anywhere near what you deserve to be paid working there. I received very positive feedback from management regarding the work I did that night (because I literally ran the entire line my first day there), but I'm advising you not to work there. I could not imagine what 1st shift would be like considering the heat.

The HEAT will destroy you, especially if you're working with the aluminum canister-filters (even hotter). I had a headache and a nauseous feeling a few hours in. I've never experienced feelings like that before and later found out that those were symptoms of HEAT STROKE. I chugged water like crazy mind you, at least 5-8 cups every hour. If you want to kill yourself or are a ex-convict, this is the perfect job for you, but if you're not, run away.

Stop treating your employees like slaves, pay them more...

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

You are on your own

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Pentair full-time for more than a year

Pros

Only for graduates, just to realize that there are so many good other companies, only a few real specialists, experts

Cons

No real trainings with real experts, you can get training only if you have nothing to do which will never happen and if you get it you will regret of the things you could do instead. You may ask for a good chair for you but you will only get a kitchen chair instead. If you need to read A3 drawings you can reed it on your knees because in order to approve few chairs and desks 4 top managers should come to your office and 2 years to pass. Local manager can do nothing. When a new project starts every manager say to employees that they will get any help, but when it comes to a real case - no one can help as they never knew all those things. Futher budget reduction is expected. New employees may be paid more than experienced that have participated in all the projects during the year and successfully completed it (on time and high quality). When it comes to work on a very complex project your manager tells you that you are the only one who can do that (and you really are) but when it comes to pay rise - seems like all the words are forgotten. If you wanna pay rise - declare of your resignation. I don't know how many times this approach can work. Though you will be offered some pay rise but it wil be so uncompetitive so that you will leave anyways. No talent & career management at all. It is easier for the company to hire new guys. Money - is the only value for the company though it declare the other.

Try to listen to your employees. Don't try to paint a picture - do real things. Develop your employees.

Leviathan of an organization with good people but also lots of red tape of a typical bueurocracy

Current Employee - Technical Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Technical Sales Representative

I have been working at Pentair full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Deep pockets, training, good vehicles, compensation is reasonable but not great.

Cons

Large and dysfunctional group of companies and organizations internal seem to work against each other

Spend less time preaching and more time doing

Good company, but relatively slow decision making and frequent org changes

Current Employee - Director, Strategy
    Current Employee - Director, Strategy

I have been working at Pentair full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good brands, strong operations. Focus on quarterly performance but has good long term strategic planning process. Talented and performance driven CEO

Cons

Frequent org changes, slow growth. Not much reward for top performers. BU presidents not able to take bold decisions, still very US centric

Stabilize organization, recognize and give opportunities to top performers

Kansas City facility - Very bad company to work for.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Kansas City, KS (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS (US)

I worked at Pentair full-time for more than a year

Pros

Learn everything on your own.

Cons

Dirty and old building with broken furniture from the 70s.
    No training, no workable reasonable system in place.
    Don't value employees. Hard working employees are all over worked and got blamed ion everything. Lazy employees doesn't do anything and remain in the company because they can't leave.
    Inconsistence on policy execution towards different people.
    Manager that broke ethic rule doesn't receive any punishment or consequence. All they did was given that person a "talk"
    Unfair working environment and the company will abuse you of you work hard and do a good job.
    No communication between management and lower rank employees.
    No action taken even after employees asked for help multiple times.

I don't see hope in this place changing.

Great place to work

Former Employee - Sales  in  Stafford, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Sales in Stafford, TX (US)

I worked at Pentair full-time for more than a year

Pros

culture is great. People are good to work with.

Cons

work many hours and on weekends

DECENT COMPANY

Former Employee - Design Engineer Trainee  in  Bangalore (India)
    Former Employee - Design Engineer Trainee in Bangalore (India)

I worked at Pentair as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Information is not suppressed or distorted, so people can find out what they need to know to do their work.
    Individuals are given meaningful chances to grow, becoming more valuable to the organization in the process.

Cons

People’s day to day work makes sense to them, and they understand how their own jobs fit in with everyone else’s.
    And they are not hindered by stupid rules.

proper training to the employees

White Bear Lake location

Current Employee - Value Stream Manager  in  White Bear Lake, MN (US)
    Current Employee - Value Stream Manager in White Bear Lake, MN (US)

I have been working at Pentair full-time

Pros

Some very good people working there. Good pay and benefits.

Cons

Very Engineering centric, extremely high turnover especially of Value Stream Managers and very poor Safety controls in place.

Get a manager in place that drives Operations, Sales and Engineering... not just listen to Engineering.

Worked for Pentair? Contribute to the Community!