PepsiCo

3.2 1,483 reviews

PepsiCo Chairman and CEO Indra K. Nooyi

Indra K. Nooyi

1,483 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Work life balance was given to those who handled it responsibly"
    in 77 reviews
  • "Pay and Benefits are really good with the exception of 401K"
    in 43 reviews
Cons:
  • "They preach work/life balance but only when it is convenient for management"
    in 184 reviews
  • "long hours hard physical work, stressful at times to complete all requried"
    in 134 reviews

ConsExtremely competitive
Demanding atmosphere
Work life balance

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Challenging and interesting - and a great place to grow as a leader

Senior Manager (Current Employee)
London, England

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat leaders, freedom to set your own path, results-driven, genuine commitment to doing business ethically and responsibly, good focus on diversity, great flexible working practices, super place for working Mums (and Dads), international opportunities for high flyers, and a fun, collaborative work environment.

ConsIT infrastructure is terrible - making improvements, but lack of innovation and connectivity on core infrastructure is frustrating. Formal learning opportunities not well publicised, but there if you go after them.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate more and be more visible... and in some cases, more authentic.

Finance

Financial Controller (Former Employee)
Theale, South West England, England

I worked at PepsiCo

Prosflexible summer hours programme (half day Fridays)
flexible winter hours programme (half day Fridays)

Consinternal "favourites" were apparent

limited exposure to senior leadership

Advice to Senior Managementno

PepsiCo UK & Ireland - A view from the Head Office

Theale, South East England, England

I have been working at PepsiCo

ProsThe culture at the UK HQ in Theale is friendly, fast-paced and fun. There is a big focus on performance, and a robust (if slightly complex) way of measuring it. Ad-hoc recognition and reward are regular occurances. There are some fantastic benefits, including what must be one of the last final salary pension schemes in the UK. They've had a big focus on flexible working in recent years which has paid off with quite dramatic results.

ConsIt's not a culture that will suit everyone. There is an extremely high quality bar, and the pace can be exhausting. The biggest and most pervasive problem is the IT infrastructure which is in major need of a revamp. It does the job, but it is disjointed and there is still a lot of things you would expect to be automated that are still done manually.

Advice to Senior ManagementSort out the IT systems - it'll save money and make everyone's lives easier in the long run!

Fast-paced, dynamic, swin or sink environment

National Accounts Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at PepsiCo

Pros- Dynamic place to work
- Variety of projects
- Smart people

Cons- Little time to adjust and learn. Need to show immediate results
- Sales and marketing could work closer together

Advice to Senior Management- None. Senior direction is good

Fantastic company to work for. Very fast paced.

Quality Control Supervisor (Current Employee)
Johnstown, PA (US)

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat work environment. Easy going management staff which makes the long hours fun. Always something changing. The guys on the floor are great to work with.

ConsManaging in a union environment is always a challenge. A lot of movement in the management staff. Running 24/7 makes for a lot of phone calls and a lot of weekend problems.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't move around management staff as quickly. The campus hire program is great, but too much movement leaves the front-line with a lack of trust/authority to the frequently shuffled supervisors.

I love it.

Sanitation/Processing (Current Employee)
Jonesboro, AR (US)

I have been working at PepsiCo part-time for less than a year

Proswell i work in the sanitation department. Its days where you get your hours and dont but overall i like working here because theirs room to grow and get more hours and advantages to move to other departments. Another thing if ur having a hard time with ur job their is always somebody who is willing to help.

ConsThere are not many challenges

Not A Bad Company To Start Your Career At

R&D Senior Engineer (Current Employee)
Plano, TX (US)

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time for more than 3 years

ProsIn my group (R&D), there is great work/life balance. I am given autonomy over projects and am able to influence the organization. I feel like the compensation is in line with the industry for my educational background and role. Living in TX is a huge advantage from an effective paycheck standpoint because of the low cost of living. Company is really investing in growth and is trying to do new things.

ConsThe company wants to move faster and be bolder yet they left the old "processes" in place. They want to launch products twice as fast yet all of the stage gates remain the same so they just take time away until there is no room for error. Sometimes it feels as though you are "flying by the seat of your pants." Like any company, there is a political element and people can get "managed out" and overlooked-has not happened to me but I have seen it happen to others. Sometimes I feel like the focus is on simply launching a product instead of making sure the product is actually needed/wanted by the consumer. No bonuses until you get to higher levels sucks...they are all consolidated at the manager level and above so basically they want to launch products to meet their bonuses. This also creates no room for movement as once you get "banded" you stay until you get laid off.

Advice to Senior ManagementBonus structure is not fair to the overall organization (i.e. those doing the actual work are not eligible and the ones that are eligible sometimes make decisions just to get bonuses). If you want to be a nimble company then put processes in place that allow for it instead of using an antiquated process that puts undue stress on lots of folks.

A Great place to work.

TOCA (Former Employee)
Tolleson, AZ (US)

I worked at PepsiCo full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe Benefits are good,the people I worked with are very professional.Management is very responsive to needs.

ConsSometimes the hours were challenging. Sometimes had to work split shifts.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep focus on Safety

My experience with Pepsi has been an overall good experience, but you have to fight for what you want.

Supply Chain Associate (Current Employee)
Burnsville, MN (US)

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time for more than a year

ProsDecent pay and as much or as little overtime as you want.
Positive work atmosphere and room to grow.
Great company to start your career with and use as a stepping stone.
Great 401K match 6%
Health benefits aren't bad either, even though I do not use them.
They is plenty of room to grow with a high turnover rate in management, so long as you are politically correct for the job
Many free and discounted programs, car rentals, costco memberships, financial planning many opportunities

ConsVery political and company when it comes to promotions
They don't seem to want to utilize there best employees when it comes to promotions
They take a college degree to such a high regard that if you don't have one you don't stand much of a chance
     against someone who does
They tend to "play" their employees in order to get what they need out of them, by giving empty promises or false hope.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need to let people make or break their own career a little more. There tends to be a lot of micro managing, and not wanting to look bad by endorsing someone for the next step. Let people climb the ladder that have proven themselves instead of strategically keeping people in place when they are ready to move up.

Worked for PepsiCo? Contribute to the Community!

PepsiCo Videos

PepsiCo – Why Work for Us?

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PepsiCo reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for PepsiCo CEO Indra K. Nooyi. All 1,483 reviews are posted anonymously by PepsiCo employees.