PepsiCo

Updated Jul 31, 2014

3.3 1,706 reviews

PepsiCo Chairman and CEO Indra K. Nooyi

Indra K. Nooyi

Pros
  • Work life balance was given to those who handled it responsibly (in 99 reviews)

• great pay and benefits, plenty of opportunities for growth, very stable company (in 49 reviews)

Cons
  • You have to be focused on your own work life balance because there's so much to do (in 218 reviews)

• long hours hard physical work, stressful at times to complete all requried (in 153 reviews)

More Highlights
1,706 Employee Reviews

Great company, brands and people

CBM (Current Employee) Theale, South East England, England

ProsCalibre of people in organisation

ConsBig organisation, could be more nimble

Advice to Senior ManagementTake more risks!

Challenging and interesting - and a great place to grow as a leader

Senior Manager (Current Employee) London, England

ProsGreat leaders, freedom to set your own path, results-driven, genuine commitment to doing business ethically and responsibly, good focus on diversity, great flexible working practices, super place for working Mums (and Dads), international opportunities for high flyers, and a fun, collaborative work environment.

ConsIT infrastructure is terrible - making improvements, but lack of innovation and connectivity on core infrastructure is frustrating. Formal learning opportunities not well publicised, but there if you go after them.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate more and be more visible... and in some cases, more authentic.

The role involves a huge workload but the pay is not competitive with other simillar roles in London.

Global Mobility Analyst (Former Employee) London, England

ProsGood brand recognition
    Good in your resume

ConsHuge organization with lots of processes, bureaucratic organization
    Management is not trained to manage people so there are many managers with no people skills.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer training to new managers.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Finance

Financial Controller (Former Employee) Theale, South West England, England

Prosflexible summer hours programme (half day Fridays)
    flexible winter hours programme (half day Fridays)

Consinternal "favourites" were apparent

limited exposure to senior leadership

Advice to Senior Managementno

PepsiCo UK & Ireland - A view from the Head Office

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Theale, South East England, England

ProsThe culture at the UK HQ in Theale is friendly, fast-paced and fun. There is a big focus on performance, and a robust (if slightly complex) way of measuring it. Ad-hoc recognition and reward are regular occurances. There are some fantastic benefits, including what must be one of the last final salary pension schemes in the UK. They've had a big focus on flexible working in recent years which has paid off with quite dramatic results.

ConsIt's not a culture that will suit everyone. There is an extremely high quality bar, and the pace can be exhausting. The biggest and most pervasive problem is the IT infrastructure which is in major need of a revamp. It does the job, but it is disjointed and there is still a lot of things you would expect to be automated that are still done manually.

Advice to Senior ManagementSort out the IT systems - it'll save money and make everyone's lives easier in the long run!

Fast-paced, dynamic, swin or sink environment

National Accounts Manager (Current Employee)

Pros- Dynamic place to work
    - Variety of projects
    - Smart people

Cons- Little time to adjust and learn. Need to show immediate results
    - Sales and marketing could work closer together

Advice to Senior Management- None. Senior direction is good

Fantastic opportunity for high-impact experience as an MBA intern

Finance MBA (Current Employee) White Plains, NY (US)

Pros-opportunity to work on a meaningful, strategic project: while the projects will vary depending on what group you are in, all interns are given responsibility over an interesting, dynamic project with the potential for extremely high impact
    -cross-functional, strategic approach: corporate finance isn't just about FP&A and accounting, but also being a strategic thought partner
    -collaborative and open culture: nearly everyone is willing to have meet-and-greets with interns--we were even able to meet several senior executives (including Indra!)
    -autonomy: there's really no one micromanaging you, as long as you show that you can effectively get your work done
    -work-life balance: half days on Friday during the summer!

Cons-HR issues: we had some trouble with getting paychecks and had to give different people the same information several times--it often felt like there were disconnects between HR & our finance-based intern managers. While this isn't a huge issue, it's surprising that such a big company would be this disorganized around basic HR functions and communication
    -ambiguity: this would be a very difficult job for someone who wasn't comfortable with ambiguity. You're given a lot of freedom and responsibility and it can be overwhelming if you're used to having more direction. I actually liked this aspect a lot, but it's not for everyone

Advice to Senior ManagementI've had a fantastic summer and I've been incredibly impressed by the people I've met and the work I've gotten to do. Keep up the good work, but make sure to work out the various HR kinks if possible

Great Company, Endless Opportunity

Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) Somers, NY (US)

Proslots of opportunity to move within, good work-life balance (e.g. summer fridays, holiday hours), great internal employee development

Conslarge company so the work can be siloed

PepsiCo Summer Internship

R&D (Current Employee) Valhalla, NY (US)

ProsIt is clear that PepsiCo values its interns greatly, from day to day interactions to large events. The internship program is organized well, giving the interns an opportunity to meet company leaders, learn different aspects of the company, and have a great time doing it. By the end of this summer internship I find myself hoping to work for this company in some way shape or form because I believe in the leaders of PepsiCo as well as the high standards PepsiCo strives to achieve.

ConsPepsiCo is such a large and global company that communication can be difficult. For example, many times a question gets sent out and bounced around to multiple people before the question is able to find the appropriate person to answer the question. Considering the size of this company, this is rather expected.

Great Place to Intern and Work

BIS Intern (Current Employee) Plano, TX (US)

ProsI am in the last few weeks of my summer internship with the PepsiCo BIS in Plano, TX. It has been an incredible experience. I have been put in real working situations and given responsibilities that full time employees would receive. They put you on a team and you work for them as if you were there full time. It is a great way to get a feel for the job and the company as a whole. They offer plenty of tours and events with other interns to meet executives and experience the welcoming culture of PepsiCo firsthand. We actually had the opportunity to have a video conference with Indra herself which just shows the emphasis PepsiCo puts on fostering new talent.

As for pay, they definitely make it worth my time. They also gave us money for housing which was great as I had to travel across the country to work here and I wouldn't feel comfortable living in a really cheap area of town. In our division, we have a good chance of getting full time offers if we work hard and exhibit the skills that PepsiCo values, which is also a huge perk. I have heard there are opportunities to progress within the company as well but I can't say much about that as an intern. I have, however, seen that PepsiCo offers tons of training courses and certifications to continue growing your career.

It is right next to plenty of other large corporate offices like Capital One and Intel. Overall, it is an incredible area to live. I can't complain at all about the location. They also offer summer hours which means we can get half day Fridays to be with friends and family.

Overall, this is a great place to intern and work. It has very competitive salaries and the working environment can't be beat. Highly recommend.

ConsThere haven't been a ton of cons. One thing that has been difficult to adjust to is the very diverse employee population. There are occasional language and cultural barriers in the workplace, but that can be seen as a pro in terms of talent and new perspectives.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to reach out to the interns. The information and enthusiasm provided by management is what creates the environment that makes PepsiCo great.

Worked for PepsiCo? Contribute to the Community!