PepsiCo Reviews

3.5
1,780 Reviews

PepsiCo Chairman and CEO Indra K. Nooyi
Indra K. Nooyi

Pros
  • Work life balance was given to those who handled it responsibly (in 99 reviews)

• great pay and benefits, plenty of opportunities for growth, very stable company (in 49 reviews)

Cons
  • You have to be focused on your own work life balance because there's so much to do (in 218 reviews)

• long hours hard physical work, stressful at times to complete all requried (in 153 reviews)

More Highlights

Great talent, always excitement !

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at PepsiCo

Pros

The quality of talent is great. You learn a lot.

The passion is contagious

Cons

Can't think of any cons. Maybe the coffee !

Supply Chain Internship (Frito-Lay)

Current Employee - Supply Chain Internship
    Current Employee - Supply Chain Internship

I have been working at PepsiCo as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Frito-Lay is a great company that has excellent company values which are reflected in its internship program. The program allows you to work on high impact projects that not only give you a great understanding of the business but have a large impact as well! Along with this you have opportunities to network with many levels of management and gain exposure to executives when reporting out at the end of the summer. I highly recommend this internship program based on company values, leadership growth and long term career opportunities!

Cons

It is important to note that Frito-Lay is not a typical office job being that you will most likely work in a manufacturing environment. In order to be effective in this setting you must be self-motivated and a strong leader. The internship program is a great way to see if this environment if for you.

The leaders I have encountered thus far have been great mentors that put a big emphasis on growing talent and displaying company values. My advice would be to continue to keep this a priority.

Sales Operations

Former Employee - Sales Operations/Warehouser  in  Fenton, MO (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Operations/Warehouser in Fenton, MO (US)

I worked at PepsiCo part-time for more than a year

Pros

Leadership and committed to their employees

Cons

company relucant on paying decent wages to employees

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

If you aint one of the boys...smh

Former Employee - Transport Driver  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Transport Driver in Atlanta, GA (US)

I worked at PepsiCo part-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefit for part time and on site care clinic

Cons

You have to fight for loads (your money). You work 10+ hours and make 60 bucks...

Stop making it hard for women drivers! Get a better system in place for part time drivers and make this postion hourly!

PepsiCo provides an excellent summer internship experience.

Current Employee - Traffic Intern  in  Casa Grande, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Traffic Intern in Casa Grande, AZ (US)

I have been working at PepsiCo as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I worked at a Frito Lay manufacturing plant. The first 3 weeks of the internship included in-depth training of how the manufacturing process works. After training, I was given a specific project to work on and was expected to come up with a solution to improve current business operations by the end of the summer. Managers and HR were very helpful and approachable. I really enjoyed interning at PepsiCo. The experience and personal growth were invaluable.

Cons

PepsiCo is a results driven company and there is constant pressure to show improvement. If you don't like the pressure of having to show constant improvement, then PepsiCo is NOT for you. Sometimes you have to be really patient working with a big organization like PepsiCo. There are many security guidelines in place that often slow down the implementation of new business processes.

As an intern I always felt valued and respected. The intern program at PepsiCo is exceptional and I would recommend it to anyone. Thank you a great summer!

Analyst

I have been working at PepsiCo

Pros

Good work life balance.Work from home opurtunities

Cons

Growth is very slow in this company

Department Resource

Former Employee - Department Resource  in  Bakersfield, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Department Resource in Bakersfield, CA (US)

I worked at PepsiCo full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I was given the opportunity to work at a company (Frito-Lay) that allowed me to start as a PT employee and work my way up to a FT management position. All employee's at all levels are expected to contribute to the success of of the site which contributes to the overall successes of the company. Excellent culture designed to provide personal grow and the opportunity/expectation to work in all business areas.

Cons

Some long days and travel.

Stop getting sucked into the political correctness while driving your diversity.

PepsiCo is an outstanding organization committed to continuous improvement through empowered people.

Current Employee - Operations Manager
    Current Employee - Operations Manager

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

PepsiCo offers a wide variety of opportunities for anyone interested in being part of a Fortune 50 company who constantly challenges the way we do things, looking for ways to improve. This performance driven organization rewards excellence with advancement opportunities and more challenges to improve and develop others along the way.

Cons

As with many organizations, PepsiCo always looks for ways to reduce costs and delivery sustained results. One way of achieving this is to reduce the number of leaders and spread the work among those who remain. This can create challenges to maintaining a healthy work/life balance.

I believe one thing that has made PepsiCo strong is the direction our corporate leaders are taking us. I do not feel it appropriate to offer my senior leadership team advice without their direct request for it. My local leadership team, myself included work hard to maintain the integrity of PepsiCo and what it stands for.

A good experience with an outstanding company

Former Employee - Line Technician II  in  Pryor, OK (US)
    Former Employee - Line Technician II in Pryor, OK (US)

I worked at PepsiCo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good rainbow of benefits with some perks and adequate training for the position assigned

Cons

No structure for career advancement

I worked at a satellite warehouse, receiving product from the production facility and distributing it to the local area.

Current Employee - Supply Chain Operations Intern  in  McKees Rocks, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Supply Chain Operations Intern in McKees Rocks, PA (US)

I have been working at PepsiCo as an intern for less than a year

Pros

-You are promoted quickly if you are willing to relocate
    -It is easy to move from one subsidiary to another (Frito, Pepsi Beverages, Quaker, Tropicana, etc.)
    -The pay was better than most other internships
    -In a company this size, there are endless opportunties. You can move from department to department (sales, operations, etc.) almost seamlessly, which is hard to find in a company
    -If you are moving to another area, it is usually easy to find a job with PepsiCo there because they are everywhere
    -There are many international opportunities

Cons

-Although the work/life balance is improving, there is still a lot of work to be done. Set your hours early (8 hour day) and work your tail off for those 8 hours. Most people work long hours because they have poor time management skills and don't use their time as effectively as they could. Longer hours does not mean you are hard working or a better employee. It probably means you are not being efficient with your time.
    -Most facilities are a 24-hour operation so you could potentially be working an unfavorable shift
    -Relocation could be a problem if you have ties to a particular area or children in a particular school system

My management did a fantastic job setting me up for success and making sure I had the maximum amount of opportunities.

The best advice for management I can give is that if you preach work/life balance to your employees, you have to model that balance yourself. You cannot say it is something you value while you continue to work 12 hour days, 6 days a week. Plus, the longer hours some works, the less efficient and effective they become.

Worked for PepsiCo? Contribute to the Community!