PepsiCo

Updated Jul 31, 2014

3.3 1,706 reviews

PepsiCo Chairman and CEO Indra K. Nooyi

Indra K. Nooyi

Pros
  • Work life balance was given to those who handled it responsibly (in 99 reviews)

• great pay and benefits, plenty of opportunities for growth, very stable company (in 49 reviews)

Cons
  • You have to be focused on your own work life balance because there's so much to do (in 218 reviews)

• long hours hard physical work, stressful at times to complete all requried (in 153 reviews)

More Highlights
1,706 Employee Reviews

Awesome team, but no chance of promotion in level.

Trainee (Former Employee) Bucharest (Romania)

ProsGreat team, good company values, friendly enviroment, supporting with all employees.

ConsNo further promotions of employees even at small levels, very few trainings for all employees, small salaries.

Advice to Senior ManagementRevise salary levels regarding old/new employees.

Supply Chain Intern

Supply Chain Intern (Current Employee) Irving, TX (US)

ProsFast paced environment that bases performance off of your results. Challenging environment that requires good time management skills and communication to perform as expected. Excellent management that pushed me to my limits as an intern.

ConsLong hours and and many follow ups daily. Can be exhausting for a college student not used to a fast paced manufacturing environment. Steep learning curve.

Lots of opportunity

BIS Intern (Current Employee)

ProsThe intern program is supported by several employees, both analysts and managers/directors. The company starts you out with a support network, and it's on you to build it further. The pay is great and there's a lot of fun events with other interns/employees. So many employees around you have lots of experience, so there's a lot of opportunity to engage in knowledge sharing.

ConsNot enough of a formal training program, and not enough formal attention given to technical growth. If the internship had maybe a couple group sessions on developing some type of skill, such as web design or some basics of SAP, everyone would for sure walk away with more tangible skills to bring to their future roles.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up with the attention towards the internship program. Everyone in the world wants to feel important, interns included, and while it may not necessarily contribute a great deal towards the bottom line, investing in the interns is equal to investing in the future of the company.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Global Procurement MBA Intern

Global Procurement MBA (Current Employee) Somers, NY (US)

ProsThe people are the best part of working at PepsiCo. There is a reason that most of the people I worked with this summer have been with the company for 15+ years. Additionally, the company still has a lot of room to grow and change and you can very easily and quickly make those changes a reality through your work.

ConsThe procurement internship is relatively new so it is not as structured as other internships. The downside of the above-mentioned point about employee satisfaction is that people stay on for longer so promotions might take more time.

Long Hours but stable

RSR Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) Cranberry Twp, PA (US)

ProsStable paycheck- tons of support- established routes and sales oppportunities- great products make comission if cover route for more than two weeks but management tries to avoid this

ConsCover routes in the beginning- constantly changing environment- long hours- constantly waiting for store managers. waking up really early

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect your employess work\life balance

It was a great experience working for this company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPeople, opportunities, salary, environment, benefits

ConsWork/life balance, constant change no stability

Supply Chain Intern

ProsPretty good money as an intern, hands on experience, can always find projects to do

ConsMorale is very very low. A lot of floor workers are upset.

Good Culture

ProsOpportunities to advance. Good entry level pay. Management respects need for work life balance.

Consadvancement largely left up to you. Pay as you progress becomes less appealing until you make it to the executive level.

Working Environment

Marketing Executive (Current Employee) Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

ProsLimitedless Pepsico goodies like: Lays, Quakers, Tropicana... Further, really learn a great deal of FMCG marketing theories and executional work in here.

ConsFair amount of work but to be expected to work overtime during peak seasons.

Frito Lay Route Sales

Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO (US)

ProsEasy job. Route bid at 53,000. Easy to grow routes if u follow behind lazy people and there are many. Consistently make over 73k and up to 78k. Company does cut routes and u must grow accounts again or u might drop back down into the 50's. Free shirts, royals tickets, chiefs tickets. Benefits are good! 401k, pension (not available for new employees anymore), vacation.

ConsEarly starts and route cuts. Company received Herman Lay award (most prestigious). Rsrs received jacket and management got trip to Cancun, Las Vegas and some a trip to Fiesta Bowl. However, if u want to be part of management , u can apply anytime so stop complaining. Many people have hard time with management getting rewards.

Worked for PepsiCo? Contribute to the Community!