PepsiCo Reviews

3.4
1,898 Reviews

PepsiCo Chairman and CEO Indra K. Nooyi
Indra K. Nooyi

Pros
  • Work life balance at Pepsico is the one shining facet that it holds (in 108 reviews)

• PepsiCo offers great pay and benefits and is truly a fun place to work (in 51 reviews)

Cons
  • You have to be focused on your own work life balance because there's so much to do (in 249 reviews)

• long hours hard physical work, stressful at times to complete all requried (in 170 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company for working and get experience as employee of international company. PepsiCo values are valid.

I worked at PepsiCo full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Super colleague and direct managers. Stable wage system. Good additional benefits - helth and life insurance, company cars and cell phones for managers. Have possibility to solve problems in different levels - with direct manager, with HR, regional manager, anonimus help line.

Cons

Overtime working. Difficult to plan family life - no work/life balance. No career opportunities inside company.

Need better timing management.

Frito Lay Future Sales Leader Intern

Former Employee - Future Sales Leader Intern
    Former Employee - Future Sales Leader Intern

I worked at PepsiCo as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Extremely supportive and really treats interns well. Huge amounts of resources allow them to really wow their interns. HR is very supportive.

Cons

My manager and mentor were hard to get in contact with, so I felt a little lost sometimes. Not knowing exactly the scope of the internship made it difficult to work at my maximum.

Let the interns know what you expect them to get out of the internship. Try to guide them better and not just ask how its going. As an intern I knew almost nothing about how the company operates, the industry, or how a DSL is supposed to act. I felt like my project was unique so I couldn't even ask other interns for help.

Overall great place to work

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time

Pros

Great brands, fast paced, lots of change, wide range of opportunities to broaden experience without having to leave the company

Cons

If you are not based at an HQ location it can be difficult to advance

Endorse pulling/pushing employees across divisions to broaden the collective experience base

Great first job!

Current Employee - Shelf Stocker in Sioux City, IA (US)
    Current Employee - Shelf Stocker in Sioux City, IA (US)

I have been working at PepsiCo part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good pay, autonomy, flexible hours

Cons

early morning weekend work, no room for promotion if in high school

Good place to develop career

Former Employee - Supply Chain
    Former Employee - Supply Chain

I worked at PepsiCo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

great opportunities to develop analytic skills and relationships with many different levels in the company. Clear growth and promotion tracks. Decent flexibility in work schedule in HQ roles. New challenges were always popping up that kept the job fun and interesting each day. People were great to work with- culture is friendly and supportive but everyone is competitive for results, which pushes people to work at their best.

Cons

A bit on the hierarchical side, compensation not always tied to the actions they say they want to promote or are tied to uncontrollable manufacturing processes.

Awesome employer

Former Employee - Sales Zone Administrative Assistant in Byron Center, MI (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Zone Administrative Assistant in Byron Center, MI (US)

I worked at PepsiCo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Being a part of such a successful company is an awesome experience. The resources available to help one succeed in their role are numerous.

Cons

While there are multiple advancement opportunities, often it is required to relocate.

Salary is just ok, really busy work environment with weak management.

Current Employee - Clerk in Redmond, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Clerk in Redmond, WA (US)

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fun place to work. Friendly and nice cooleagues are easy to get along. Good for people with less skills and experience.

Cons

A big company but with less room to grow, Management group not organized enough and sometimes has conflict ideas and plans.

PIE

I have been working at PepsiCo

Pros

Opportunities, hard work, people, challenges

Cons

Pay, work-life balance, employee talent

Manufacturing Resource

Current Employee - Manufacturing Resource in Topeka, KS (US)
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Resource in Topeka, KS (US)

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great group of folks on the floor. A lot of potential for personal achievement. You are given a lot of free reign to experiment and try new things.

Cons

Visibility and communication is something left desired. HR has a tendency to cut your legs out from under you. There is a lot of front line management turn over.

Pay more attention to what the folks on the floor and resources are telling you and make more of an effort.

Great people.

Current Employee - Sales Representative in San Diego, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in San Diego, CA (US)

I have been working at PepsiCo as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

People. I really enjoyed the people i worked with. They are all welcoming, and are very helpful. The work culture is great.

Cons

There is no room for advancement. You have to work long hours until you get your job done. I was only an intern, so i was there to learn and move on. Get as much experience as possible

None