Perkins Restaurant and Bakery

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Joseph Trungale

Pros
  • There are always some great people in every company and Perkins has plenty of them(in 3 reviews)

• Very fun and quick, lots of new people to meet and wonderful to start at(in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Very high turnover rate makes it difficult to have a staff of competent servers(in 2 reviews)

• Almost no opportunities for advancement(in 2 reviews)

Meh!

ProsDecent pay with flexible scheduling.

ConsLong hours to achieve yearly salary.

A way to make a living throughout college

ProsThe hours were very flexible and can make quite a considerable amount off of regulars and on the weekend mornings.

ConsThe customer is always right so no matter what you say or do, if the customer says you are wrong you ARE wrong and that is that.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the employees sometimes they may know how to handle a certain situation because they have delt with a similar one like that before

So So

ProsAwesome coworkers and nice management

ConsTerrible coordination of hours--not enough servers on the floor!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Bad management

Maintenance (Current Employee) Davenport, FL (US)

ProsReally not a good reason to work here to be honest poor team work in Davenport Florida unorganized

ConsWell multitasking as in washing dishes and busing tables cleaning rest rooms at the same time unirrelevant for one person

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand employees more ask them are they alright and don't take advantage of them well that's what they did to me in Davenport and more sanitizing as cleaning the work place better..oh good food

It's a decent job.

ProsGreat people, plenty of hours, great management.

ConsOnly cook for several hours at a time, long work hours, burned out too easily.

Fun as a waiter

Host, Waiter, Cook (Current Employee) Milwaukee, WI (US)

ProsThe food discounts. Flexible hours for a college kid. Pay was descent because of returning customers. I like the job. Not a career...but a good job to get a foundation in the service industry.

ConsThe owner would come in and mess with us trying to run things, but just became confused and it was more funny than anything. Some of the employees were a little questionable when it came to service. Sometimes not friendly and a gossip circle.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore fun events or incentives to keep us motivated. I like the $$. Give better areas to better servers, not just based on tenure..

"Server/ Certified Trainer/ Host

Host/Cashier/Server/Certified Trainer (Former Employee) Flemington, NJ (US)

ProsGreat money, Good hours, opportunities for SMALL advancements (host to server or server to trainer). Turnover was low because most of the management was professional and courteous.

ConsAfter training a new server she became my manager in 3 weeks. Eventually she was fired and arrested for stealing from the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is necessary for any company to function, but it needs to be qualified management

No answers for being unexpectedly let go

Associate Manager (Former Employee) Appleton, WI (US)

ProsThe employees, quick advancement opportunities, benefits

ConsWage freezes, investors/ corporate is ran by suits behind a desk, bankrupt. Fired me after 11 years, on the phone, for an HR issue, which I made the claim on and took them 3 weeks to investigate. My only witness happened to be on vacation out of country that week.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you make too much money for the dwindling guest counts, starting looking for employment elsewhere or they will fire you for any little thing to bring in someone else who won't drive up the labor percent.

Challenge

Associate Manager (Former Employee) Middleburg, OH (US)

ProsMeet and teach great people

ConsHours are so different everyday

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize that noone can do it without a great team

I think they used to have better coffee.

Management (Former Employee)

ProsThe People are amazing at times..

ConsThere are people who are not so great.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep learning. You might think your power is skill. It is not.

Worked for Perkins Restaurant and Bakery? Contribute to the Community!