Perrigo

Perrigo Reviews

Updated Apr 06, 2014

Perrigo Chairman, President, and CEO Joseph C. Papa

Joseph C. Papa

Pros:
  • "Always looking to further embrace the work-life balance (though it can be a slow process of adaption in some areas)"
    in 5 reviews
  • "Family Oriented company with great morals"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:

Reviews

Quality Lab Technician II (Current Employee)
Allegan, MI (US)

I have been working at Perrigo full-time for more than a year

Prosquarterly bonuses, clear objectives for analysts

Conslimited advancement, not a lot of flexibility given to employees.

Advice to Senior Managementgive more flexibility to employees

Good at the corporate level, challenging at the local level

I have been working at Perrigo full-time for more than 3 years

ProsA new company with new people and good infrastructure. Being a global company its global policies are excellent.

ConsBeing a new company, the plan for the next few years are weak. should have patience to see where it goes. Also the site is small and can expect no further addition to its infrastructre which means that stagnation can develop faster here.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove local policies and impelment them with the spirit that it desreves

Dead end

Product Management (Current Employee)

I have been working at Perrigo full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood starting pay (but don't expect any material increases later on) and good work-life balance.
It is the perfect place to be if you like to work at company which likes its employees on "auto-pilot" and prefers them no to think too much or be creative.

ConsIt is the "Wal-Mart" of the pharma world.. make the cheapest generics and store brand stuff available.. Because everthing needs to be cheap, everything the company does both in and out is cheap.
Expect little investment in you unless it is 100% directly and immediately applies to what your are doing. The management mindset is "why would i invest in my employees today if they will leave tomorrow"
Dead end, most offices are located in small towns in the mid-west and the south. There are usually nothing else around so the company takes advantage of that knowing people will have few other opportunities. In order to move up someone else needs to quit/leave/die.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your employees and look what happens to other business who are trying to be "cheap" - they are stagnant or in decline. (JCP, Wal-Mart...)

Perrigo is a growing company that has and continues to be employee friendly.

I have been working at Perrigo

ProsPros: co-workers, location, fair pay, growing. This forces a minimum of twenty words so this is filler. I could go on and on about how satisfied I am.

ConsDiversity of products brings concern about maintaining the size and being the best at growing all segments.

Horrible people, horriblemanagement

Tablet Specialist (Current Employee)
Allegan, MI (US)

I have been working at Perrigo full-time for less than a year

ProsNone, If I could give this a zero star I would.

ConsHigh school all over again

Advice to Senior ManagementStop firing people just because full time employees don't like them.

Perrigo is a employee friendly place to work.

I have been working at Perrigo full-time for more than 3 years

ProsOppertuity to do many differnt jobs and move around if you choose.

ConsThe drive from home to work.

It's challenging (in a good way)

Master Trainer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Perrigo full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThey have lots of great programs to help you out. They provide classes throughout the company to help improve yourself along with a tuition reimbursement plan to help you go back to school. They also have great insurance and a 401k plan. Your job will never be boring since there is always something new happening or some new over the counter medicine about to come out.

ConsOccasionally it feels like when you have a new idea and someone else already has a plan they aren't willing to listen to your new, possibly better, idea. Now that's not everyone, but you're going to run in to this happening at pretty much any place you go to work that is a larger company.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore Supervisors that have actual experience with a pharmecutical company would be preferred.

Unpredictable.

Quality Tech (Current Employee)

I have been working at Perrigo full-time for more than 10 years

ProsPerrigo offers a diverse and ever changing environment that constantly challenges you to be better than you were the day before.

ConsGlobal company located in a backwater town.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring the rest of the company into the 21st century.

Good place to start a career

Research Scientist (Former Employee)

I worked at Perrigo full-time

ProsGood place to start as entry level scientists

ConsNot the best place to continue as experienced scientist. Lack of diversity, career development and promotions are the cons.

Advice to Senior ManagementSee the cons section!

Great company to work for!

Quality Assurance Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Perrigo full-time for more than 3 years

ProsPerrigo supports employee development and growth. They offer great training opportunities (internal and external) and encourage employees to broaden their skill set. Perrigo is focused on Quality and works hard to ensure customer satisfaction. They have great benefits, compensation and facilities. In a recent expansion they built a fitness center for employees to use 27/7. They offer free classes, such as Yoga, Zumba, cross-training, etc., and encourage employees to live a healthy lifestyle. This is a great company to work for!

ConsThe biggest con would be the location. Most employees commute from Grand Rapids or Kalamazoo. My drive to work is approximately 50 minutes one way. There are some jobs here that allow for employees to work from home. This flexibility works well for people that have a long commute.

Worked for Perrigo? Contribute to the Community!

Perrigo Videos

Perrigo – Why Work for Us?

Most people work to make a living. At Perrigo, we make more than that; we make a difference. With more than 9,000 employees scattered across five continents, Perrigo is the world’s largest manufacturer of… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Perrigo reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Perrigo CEO Joseph C. Papa. All 56 reviews are posted anonymously by Perrigo employees.