Plains All American Pipeline

www.plainsallamerican.com

Plains All American Pipeline Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014
Plains All American Pipeline – US – “KBR Headquarters - Downtown Houston”

Plains All American Pipeline Chairman and CEO Greg L. Armstrong

Greg L. Armstrong

Stellar Company

Supervisor (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsManagement has great vision and knowledge.

ConsGrowing a little too fast for comfort.

Advice to Senior ManagementNice job.

Good place to work, but still under paid according to industry standard.

Pipeline Controller (Current Employee) Midland, TX (US)

ProsPay is ok, get to work inside away from the elements , some what of a relaxed environment but even that is beginning to change.

ConsWhere do I start? The pay is not up to industry standards even though management wants you to feel like you should be grateful you even get a paycheck. The competition has a way better benefits package with some still offering pensions. Other companies have their control center located closer to a bigger city with more things to do whereas the Plains control center is located in Midland Texas. Nothing to do, and one of the most expensive places to live with subpar pay!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementBump up the pay to compete with the competition!!! Increase benefits to compete with the competition! !!! Remember that the Permian Basin is one of the highest cost of living areas in Texas. Why stay in Midland with nothing to do, get less pay with less benefits in a high cost of living town when a person go go to Dallas, San Antonio, or Houston and get better pay, better benefits and all with a lower cost of living. Think people think! !

Good people, good work

Marketing Analyst (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsUpper management has clear, communicated vision. Co-workers are wonderful. Salary and benefits are great. Bonuses/stock incentive plan are generous especially in certain groups. Half day Fridays at corporate office. Managers at all levels are extremely competent. Upper management has enough risk controls in place to keep it going even in bad times for the industry.

ConsNone to speak of really

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep communicating the vision.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

awesome

Terminal Operator (Current Employee)

Proscompany is growing great opportunity

Consshift work and working nights weekend

Advice to Senior Managementcommunicate with personell

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Plains All American

ProsAll around good job with good environment

ConsNone really, perhaps the salary could be better but they make up for it in stock options.

for the most part it has been good over all .work by myself and take care of my area easy enough.

Pipeline Operator (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX (US)

Proswork by myself and if I need help with a problem help is a phone call away.

Conspay is not up to industry standards. yearly pay raises are very small. you are expected to be on call 24 hours a day 7 days a week with 0 compensation . and if you do venture out one hour past your area and get a call out its not a fun explanation to give your supervisor.

managements weekend usually starts at noon on Friday and if you need help on a big problem good luck. and if you do get a hold of a supervisor there not to pleasant to speak to on the phone,

Advice to Senior Managementgive field personel a decent raise and compensation for being on call 24 -7. ease up on all the nepitism

This was the best internship ever

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsOpportunity to learn a great deal
    Ability to choose your own hours
    No micromanagement
    Wonderful company culture, the employees are like a big family
    The company is expanding very quickly- it has doubled in size just since I interned there!

ConsI can't think of any. Plains treats its employees very well, and management does the same. Many companies would benefit from emulating their 'take care of your employees, and they'll take care of you' philosophy.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on growing!

A very good company to work for.

Supervisor (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsGood pay. Good benifits such as vacation , health insurance and holiday pay. Good boss and coworkers. Work schedule good but could be better.

ConsMarketing needs to get with the program. I believe they are not trying very hard to keep customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet marketing to do a better job.

Great Place to Work

ProsThe best reasons to work at Plains All American Pipeline are the people, work/life balance and that the midstream oil business will remain favorable even in an uncertain economic environment.

ConsThe downside to working at Plains All American Pipeline is that you will enjoy your work and find it difficult to shut down and go home when your in the middle of something.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Dispatcher

Dispatcher (Former Employee) Elk City, OK (US)

Prosgreat for some self satisfactory feeling

Consmanagement is not well people orientated

Advice to Senior ManagementNO

Worked for Plains All American Pipeline? Contribute to the Community!