Polo Ralph Lauren Reviews

Updated 25 April 2015
558 reviews filtered by

1. Alright pay for folding clothes during closing

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Orlando, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Orlando, FL (US)

I worked at Polo Ralph Lauren part-time (More than a year)

Pros

A lot of hours especially if you work overnight or closing, really relaxed environment, alright pay for folding clothes

Cons

Really unorganized and not ageady management, managers dont tend to stay with the store longer than a few weeks, closing hours were never set sometimes youd be there until 4 in the morning especoally on Sundays even if your schedule says 2 a.m.. it was pretty rare that we actually got out at 2, no benefits at all!!

Advice to Management

Communicate more with associates and each other, especially about breaks!!

2. Great Potential

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Blowing Rock, NC (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Blowing Rock, NC (US)

I worked at Polo Ralph Lauren part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company really tries to keep us engaged. Many incentives and rewards to encourage work performance. Holiday pay is definitely fair and they go out of their way to treat us on days that would rather be spent with family. For example Black Friday we are fed free meals and given plenty of breaks. Employee discounts are great!

Cons

Pay is horrible for the amount of work they expect of a sales associate. Require late hours for floor sets and does not work well with class schedules. There is a lot of petty drama within the work place and it's not worth the time and pay.

Advice to Management

Management needs to do a better job of organizing employee schedules based on availability and performance. There are a lot of favorites played in this company and not enough credit where credit is due.

3. Europe Marketing Associate

I have been working at Polo Ralph Lauren

Pros

strong leadership oportunities
    interesting projects to work on

Cons

difficult evolution opportunities
    far from headquarters

Management is incompetent and petty.

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier

I worked at Polo Ralph Lauren

Pros

I worked with some really great people, but none of those people were management.

Cons

Management was extremely incompetent. Any time there was a spot open for a new manager instead of picking the most knowledgeable and deserving person they would give the position to their friend which only perpetuated the already disgusting level of incompetence. The management treated the job as if it was a club hangout for their friends. If you didn't suck up to the managers they made it well known that they didn't like you and would reprimand you for absolutely no reason. They would not only pull you off the floor and take you into the back office to yell at you, but would do it in front of customers that you were currently helping and on multiple occasions the customers expressed disgust at the managers behavior and would say that they should never ever be in a position to manage other people because they're abusing their power and the people underneath them.

Advice to Management

If you have members of your staff who show initiative and pride in what they're doing you should cultivate and groom those people for management positions, not your friends because you constantly lose great employees who were sick of working at a place where the managers feel the need to rule with an iron fist and an empty head.

6. Summer sales associate position was very demanding but a very professional environment.

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier
    Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier

I have been working at Polo Ralph Lauren (Less than a year)

Pros

As a sales associate you get 15 minute breaks that are paid for. Also, the store and other amenities are very clean and well maintained. Very reputable company so you know you are compensated fairly.

Cons

On-call work hours are difficult to plan schedule around because you may have to pick up shifts. The store location I worked at was very busy, especially on weekends so we never got those off.

Advice to Management

Continue to reward, value and promote success of those that are working. When people do something well, let others know that because it makes employees feel valued.

7. Great Experience

I worked at Polo Ralph Lauren

Pros

Incredible company to work for. Truly enjoyed every minute.

Cons

I do not have a single con of this company.

8. Great company low pressure

I worked at Polo Ralph Lauren

Pros

Low pressure environment. Employee centric. Great benefits and positive work environment.

Cons

Not too many positions to move up into.

9. Manager

I have been working at Polo Ralph Lauren full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It s very nice area to work in, beautiful products and environment. The Ralph Lauren world is a chick, unique and glamour. The interesting aspect is the company is very dynamic, therefore they always adapt their action to be align to the market needs.

Cons

Pressure all employees have on their shoulders everyday. Most of the actions the company will take are hidden by the senior management, as the execution will be done by the lower employee levels the lack of communication can create a lot of frustration.

Advice to Management

In this organization, it s a must to ask any type of question to get an answer. Communication is the main topic where the company needs to improve.

10. Very good

Current Employee - Production in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Production in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Polo Ralph Lauren

Pros

Wonderful company to work for

Cons

lots of work all the timw

11. Summer Intern

I worked at Polo Ralph Lauren

Pros

Great experience with a lot of opportunities to meet people in all departments.

Cons

The industry isn't that exciting in the sumer.

Polo Ralph Lauren Photos