Premier Research Group

Ludo Reynders

Friendly and Exciting - Great work / life balance

London, England

I have been working at Premier Research Group full-time for less than a year

Pros- The atmosphere here is dynamic and fast paced. No day is ever the same so no chance to get bored!
- Travel and workload is less than my previous company. Expectations of employees here are more realistic, meaning a better work / life balance.
- Management are interested in progressing employees. It seems that they want to retain good staff here.
- Exciting time to be part of Premier Research.

Cons- You cannot blend into the background here so there is no shying away from challenges / situations. People here are very much treated as an indvidual and you should be ready to have an opinion and make a difference.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on doing what your doing! The company is in a really positive place at the moment.

Small company but good team work

Senior Project Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Premier Research Group full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood team work. Small company but closer work relationship. Attracts interesting projects from small and mid size bio pharma companies with innovative products. Projects were never boring.

ConsHard work unappreciated most of the time.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward hard working staffs and don't be shy showing your appreciation, it is worth twice than boring appraisal paper work.

Pressure

Senior Clinical Research Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at Premier Research Group full-time for more than a year

ProsI love the fact that I get a paycheck bimonthly along with frequent flyer miles and meeting interesting people along the way.

ConsMetrics, metrics, metrics is all I ever hear.

Advice to Senior Managementvalue your employees

Disappointed

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Silver Spring, MD (US)

I worked at Premier Research Group full-time for more than a year

ProsWorked with a great management team on my assigned project.

ConsLine management was disappointing. They were not interested when it was brought to their attention that one of the managers on the team could not do their job effectively due to lack of knowledge of position. Significant nepotism; one person in high position brought in, multiple others that person knew were then brought in and promotions among those people abounded.

Advice to Senior ManagementCarefully consider hiring multiple people from the same company.

HARASSED

Senior CRA (Former Employee)

I worked at Premier Research Group full-time for less than a year

ProsExcellent on-going training, excellent SOPs and WIs.

ConsThe Clinical Managers do not know how to speak or email people in a correct and professional manner. The CMs are down right rude, sneaky, obnoxious, and one was even deceitful! She took a reported I corrected and re-sent to her on the same day it was sent to me and days later, she sent it back to me stating she had made the corrections and for me to just approve it. I emailed her that the corrections she made were worded exactly how I re-worded a part. She then said she only checked a box from yes to no. I reported this and several of these harassing untruths to my Line Manger who was on her side and not supportive of me or the harassment at all. My Line Manager called me and proceeded to yell at me as if I were one of her children. The company's behavior is utterly ridiculous. Also, I was 250% utilized and complained about it for months before anything changed. This company gossips internally which makes people either like you or dislike you. It's not a supportive team environment. It feels like its the CMs against the CRAs. Everyone reports every little thing to your Line Manager without discussing anything with you first.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire new CMs and Line Managers. Also, put measures in place so that people are not harassed. Lastly, the CEO has to act on the email blast that stated, the company will move towards a more cohesive and better work environment! Teach people how to not gossip in the work environment, teach ethics, and how to treat people appropriately which means not to bully them because they hink they can!!!

Always wondering who will be let go next....

Operations (Current Employee)

I have been working at Premier Research Group full-time

ProsThere are truly a lot of bright, dedicated, hard working and genuinely good people working at Premier.

ConsThese bright, dedicated, hard working and genuinely good people's work and input is not valued. Schmoozers and bullies are rewarded and promoted- people that tell you to your face that they don't know how to log into software specifc to their department's work function or SR. Management in Finance whose interactions with staff are complained about and their boss says "don't take it personally, she talks that way to everyone". These are the people that are valued. Professionalism or the lack there of starts from the top down. Also, the company is wasteful in spending and will spend money on software and other resources to prop up incompetent staff because they like them or they rolled something out inefficiently that was the manager's idea so they're calling it a success to make themselves look good but then when it's time to cut back, they release the good workers and then just dump their work on the remaining competent staff until they get frustrated and leave.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire managers that will roll up their sleeves and work and who also know how to foster a positive work environment by bringing out the best in people.

Promised 1 contract rate, significant decrease in 9 months

I have been working at Premier Research Group as a contractor

ProsPosition required no travel, strict 40 hrs and is home based. No direct reports.

ConsContracted with BI client. BI decreasing vendor rates to save money. PRG cut contract hourly amounts across the board for all persons working with this client by 11% (for me I lost $17K per year). BI now cutting contractor amounts again not allowing for 10hr work days during BI company holiday weeks and not allowing flexible hrs. No longer profitable to continue the contract with PRG/BI.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore support needed on pushback to BI. Experienced contractors will be replaced by less experienced/lower paid workers.

Premier Research

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Austin, TX (US)

I worked at Premier Research Group full-time

ProsGood team environment, decent compensation and benefits

ConsSmall company and there was little room for advancement

Poor Management and Lack of respect

Associate Database Developer (Former Employee)
Quincy, MA (US)

I worked at Premier Research Group full-time for more than a year

ProsThe only pro about this company is that it is always the same...

ConsThat same is a total let down. The pay is very low, the respect is low, and favoritism is high. If you are not the golden employee you are forgotten and basically left to rot away until you either quit or get laid off.

Advice to Senior ManagementCorrect everything in cons asap!

CRA

Senior CRA (Current Employee)

I have been working at Premier Research Group full-time for more than a year

ProsThey pay you before actually submitting your timesheet.

ConsEverything from Clinical Managers not knowing what their jobs, Resourcing is horrible and not to mention the majority of management came from PRA and have been in their roles for maybe a year. There is no onboarding, it takes the Payroll staff forever to payout your expenses and god forbid if you have a question...everyone is unresponsive by email or phone, so be patient because may get a call back or you may not, chances are you probably will not.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet it together and quickly!!!

Worked for Premier Research Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Premier Research Group reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Premier Research Group CEO Ludo Reynders. All 39 reviews are posted anonymously by Premier Research Group employees.