Premier Research

Ludo Reynders

Friendly and Exciting - Great work / life balance

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  London, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Premier Research full-time for less than a year

Pros

- The atmosphere here is dynamic and fast paced. No day is ever the same so no chance to get bored!
    - Travel and workload is less than my previous company. Expectations of employees here are more realistic, meaning a better work / life balance.
    - Management are interested in progressing employees. It seems that they want to retain good staff here.
    - Exciting time to be part of Premier Research.

Cons

- You cannot blend into the background here so there is no shying away from challenges / situations. People here are very much treated as an indvidual and you should be ready to have an opinion and make a difference.

Keep on doing what your doing! The company is in a really positive place at the moment.

Small company but good team work

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager

I worked at Premier Research full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good team work. Small company but closer work relationship. Attracts interesting projects from small and mid size bio pharma companies with innovative products. Projects were never boring.

Cons

Hard work unappreciated most of the time.

Reward hard working staffs and don't be shy showing your appreciation, it is worth twice than boring appraisal paper work.

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Director Level  in  Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Director Level in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I have been working at Premier Research full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Collaborative environment and enjoy the ability to be included on strategic conversations and meetings. Friendly environment and enjoy working with my colleagues and management. Able to connect with Execs and CEO.

Cons

Staff should take ownership of their responsibilities and work together to achieve goals.

Keep us growing and moving forward. I see my future as an exciting one at Premier!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Management in flux

I worked at Premier Research full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good people to work with. Pay was compariable. Oppitunities to advance and gain valuable experience.

Cons

Not a great work/life balance. PTO schedule wasn't great, 12 days total plus a couple federal holidays - but something like 5 of your PTO days needed to be used on Christmas holiday and no roll over. Work from home enviroment did not facilitate coorporation and it was difficult to complete assignements. Management would change and lay off entire departments to hire back a few of those laid off and start new teams doing essentually the same tasks.

DONT WORK HERE!....you will regret it!

Former Employee - Project Associate  in  Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Project Associate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I worked at Premier Research full-time for more than a year

Pros

The location, location, location, location location, location, location....that's about it!

Cons

Very high turnover rate, Unfriendly people, unorganized, A lot of favoritism, stressful environment.

This place is absolutely the worst! It's a small CRO company that has a very high turnover rate. My observation as an employee with this company has been nothing but surprises. First of all, most of the employees here at the Philadelphia office are very unfriendly and rude. People tend to bring their personal issues to the job and give you eye rolling and fake half smiles in return. Next, the upper management and HR have their favorites they mingle with. If your not kissing up to the higher management or HR, then you pretty much out of luck and they dislike you completely. No matter how great of an employee you are, it doesn't mean a thing with this company. They honestly don't value their employees and have no sense of respect. Also it seems to be a problem with organizational skills and paper documents are all over the place. Overall, I highly don't recommend anyone to apply for employment here because you will be a very miserable person. Also to the clients and investigators looking to trust this company, DON'T DO IT! don't waste your time with this small CRO company. Go with another CRO company that is more professional with great people and great organizational skills. You wont find it here.

Data Visualization Analyst

Current Employee - Data Visualization Analyst  in  Quincy, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Data Visualization Analyst in Quincy, MA (US)

I have been working at Premier Research as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Learn a lot about business skills, how to write "Business English". A lot of great people here who are all very nice to me.

Cons

There is no perfect places. I think you should judge people based on their performance... not seniority level.

Advise is the same as the cons, but it's difficult because you can only oversee this much... I think an implementation of judging people by their accomplishment is better than seniority.

Good jump off point for people new to job market

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

I worked at Premier Research full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Very relaxed atmosphere to work in. Not very much pressure unless there are some deadlines to meet. Excellent people to say the least.

Cons

Pay and management. Pay is not competitive or reasonable for American adults. Unless you are willing to scrape by look elsewhere. Management, upper management to be accurate, is barely communicative.

Immature atmosphere and inexperienced co-workers

I worked at Premier Research full-time

Pros

Small environment lends itself to a close relationship with management and co-workers.

Cons

Small environment lends itself to "clicks" and unprofessional work relationships. The department in which I worked was also disorganized and underdeveloped. Standard industry practices in my experience there was not being adhered to rather the "Premier way". This practice led to a lot of turnover and inexperienced employee's.

A little fish in a big pond

I worked at Premier Research

Pros

Remote working; friendly colleagues; flexible scheduling

Cons

Typical CRO culture with a survival mentality. Small minded leadership with limited vision of what excellence looks like.

Project Associate

Former Employee - Project Associate  in  Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Project Associate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I worked at Premier Research full-time for more than a year

Pros

Small company with a potential of been a great place to work.

Cons

Poor management, lack of respect from management. Con employees with false hope for advancement. Clinical managers are inexperienced, rude, and no one holds them accountable. Line management is a joke, micro managers with no management experience. High turn over rate due to the politics and bureaucrats.

The vision for premier research is not properly executed by those put in charge to do so. Management should be more transparent.

Worked for Premier Research? Contribute to the Community!