Premier Research

Updated 23 September 2014
2.7

Premier Research Chief Executive Officer Ludo Reynders
Ludo Reynders

Pros
  • There are truly a lot of bright, dedicated, hard working and genuinely good people working at Premier (in 6 reviews)

• A lot of great people here who are all very nice to me (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Management, upper management to be accurate, is barely communicative (in 7 reviews)

• Clinical managers are inexperienced, rude, and no one holds them accountable (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Friendly and Exciting - Great work / life balance

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Premier Research full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- The atmosphere here is dynamic and fast paced. No day is ever the same so no chance to get bored!
    - Travel and workload is less than my previous company. Expectations of employees here are more realistic, meaning a better work / life balance.
    - Management are interested in progressing employees. It seems that they want to retain good staff here.
    - Exciting time to be part of Premier Research.

Cons

- You cannot blend into the background here so there is no shying away from challenges / situations. People here are very much treated as an indvidual and you should be ready to have an opinion and make a difference.

Keep on doing what your doing! The company is in a really positive place at the moment.

Small company but good team work

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager

I worked at Premier Research full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good team work. Small company but closer work relationship. Attracts interesting projects from small and mid size bio pharma companies with innovative products. Projects were never boring.

Cons

Hard work unappreciated most of the time.

Reward hard working staffs and don't be shy showing your appreciation, it is worth twice than boring appraisal paper work.

Experienced Clinical Managers are needed.

Current Employee - Senior CRA
    Current Employee - Senior CRA

I have been working at Premier Research full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It is nice to be able to use Word for monitoring reports, as opposed to using a web-based CTMS. Reports are easier to write in Word. Pay for Sr. CRA is good. Clinical indications are new and interesting. My line manager has been great.

Cons

Many sponsors for these novel studies have not run studies before, and they need guidance from experienced CRO staff. CMs here seem to be completely over their heads for whatever reason. No monitoring experience or no managing experience, perhaps. A lot of the traveling CRA staff are far more experienced in running trials than the CMs seem to be. Some CRAs seem to be over-utilized severely. Training is disorganized, paper-heavy, and inefficiently tracked. Every SOP does not require annual review. Home website for employees is a mess- its hard to find what you need.

Be FAR more involved with study preparation. 99% of the issues that I have seen on studies occur when source docs or protocol plan is not properly vetted and reviewed by experienced team members, and input isnot considered and acted upon. Many time-consuming and expensive problems are caused down the line when source data collection tools and methodology are inadequate. This is an easy fix, people. Prep studies better before you consider them started. Also, get the CRAs who will be monitoring the sites to do the SQVs and the SIVs. They won't allow a mess to go through if they know they will have to clean it up themselves.
    Ensure that CMs are providing useful and relevant info to study teams on a routine basis. There are not enough study updates on some of these trials. Use a template and make it easy for them.
    Again, over-utilization of some staff is killing you by causing turnover. Get this under control fast. 2 DOS a week is plenty if the problems at each site (due to poor study design) are huge. IN the short term, you have to make your CRAs willing to put up with the sub-standard study designs.

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Director Level in Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Director Level in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I have been working at Premier Research full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Collaborative environment and enjoy the ability to be included on strategic conversations and meetings. Friendly environment and enjoy working with my colleagues and management. Able to connect with Execs and CEO.

Cons

Staff should take ownership of their responsibilities and work together to achieve goals.

Keep us growing and moving forward. I see my future as an exciting one at Premier!

Management in flux

I worked at Premier Research full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good people to work with. Pay was compariable. Oppitunities to advance and gain valuable experience.

Cons

Not a great work/life balance. PTO schedule wasn't great, 12 days total plus a couple federal holidays - but something like 5 of your PTO days needed to be used on Christmas holiday and no roll over. Work from home enviroment did not facilitate coorporation and it was difficult to complete assignements. Management would change and lay off entire departments to hire back a few of those laid off and start new teams doing essentually the same tasks.

DONT WORK HERE!....you will regret it!

Former Employee - Project Associate in Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Project Associate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I worked at Premier Research full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The location, location, location, location location, location, location....that's about it!

Cons

Very high turnover rate, Unfriendly people, unorganized, A lot of favoritism, stressful environment.

This place is absolutely the worst! It's a small CRO company that has a very high turnover rate. My observation as an employee with this company has been nothing but surprises. First of all, most of the employees here at the Philadelphia office are very unfriendly and rude. People tend to bring their personal issues to the job and give you eye rolling and fake half smiles in return. Next, the upper management and HR have their favorites they mingle with. If your not kissing up to the higher management or HR, then you pretty much out of luck and they dislike you completely. No matter how great of an employee you are, it doesn't mean a thing with this company. They honestly don't value their employees and have no sense of respect. Also it seems to be a problem with organizational skills and paper documents are all over the place. Overall, I highly don't recommend anyone to apply for employment here because you will be a very miserable person. Also to the clients and investigators looking to trust this company, DON'T DO IT! don't waste your time with this small CRO company. Go with another CRO company that is more professional with great people and great organizational skills. You wont find it here.

Immature atmosphere and inexperienced co-workers

I worked at Premier Research full-time

Pros

Small environment lends itself to a close relationship with management and co-workers.

Cons

Small environment lends itself to "clicks" and unprofessional work relationships. The department in which I worked was also disorganized and underdeveloped. Standard industry practices in my experience there was not being adhered to rather the "Premier way". This practice led to a lot of turnover and inexperienced employee's.

A little fish in a big pond

I worked at Premier Research

Pros

Remote working; friendly colleagues; flexible scheduling

Cons

Typical CRO culture with a survival mentality. Small minded leadership with limited vision of what excellence looks like.

Data Visualization Analyst

Current Employee - Data Visualization Analyst in Quincy, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Data Visualization Analyst in Quincy, MA (US)

I have been working at Premier Research as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Learn a lot about business skills, how to write "Business English". A lot of great people here who are all very nice to me.

Cons

There is no perfect places. I think you should judge people based on their performance... not seniority level.

Advise is the same as the cons, but it's difficult because you can only oversee this much... I think an implementation of judging people by their accomplishment is better than seniority.

Good jump off point for people new to job market

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

I worked at Premier Research full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Very relaxed atmosphere to work in. Not very much pressure unless there are some deadlines to meet. Excellent people to say the least.

Cons

Pay and management. Pay is not competitive or reasonable for American adults. Unless you are willing to scrape by look elsewhere. Management, upper management to be accurate, is barely communicative.