Press Ganey

Press Ganey Reviews

Updated Apr 08, 2014

Press Ganey CEO Patrick T. Ryan

Patrick T. Ryan

Pros:
  • "Also the company is very flexible allowing me to work from home when necessary"
    in 3 reviews
  • "We used to have a great culture in our department; good people to work with"
    in 4 reviews
Cons:
  • "Several new management teams have come in and thrown the company off the rails"
    in 4 reviews
  • "It seems the current ceo and many of his henchmen/women came from a company where they did not survive the cut"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Regional Director

Regional Director (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat theoretical product space and future in healthcare market

ConsPoor management skill set with Nepotistic mentality, poor culture- Company has recently hired a number of previous Broadland employees into management and executive position who either never made the cut to work with MedAssets or couldn't make the cut once the got to med assets

Advice to Senior ManagementStick with the people who got you here not unethical leaders from other organizations that were let go because the couldn't cut the muster.

Formerly fantastic currently awful

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time for more than 10 years

ProsCo workers, the original mission of the company, the healthcare industry,

Consmanagement is extremely arrogant with no results that would justify arrogance, A exemplary culture focused on accountability, mutual respect, customer focused, and employee driven has been destroyed. It seems the current ceo and many of his henchmen/women came from a company where they did not survive the cut

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease resign

You need to be an entrepreneur

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time for more than 3 years

Pros1. if you have a great idea and share it - you can make it a reality
2. We now have the right senior leadership - with Dr. Lee - to articulate our true mission
3. Quality of life - working virtually ensures it

Cons1. Yes - you must work hard. You had better care about the patient experience. If you do not - this will not be a fit for you.
2. You must be patient. Our corporate culture is growing - getting better every day. We are not there yet - and you will be happier here if you can take a longer-term view.
3. Most people on either coast take a pay cut for quality of life.

Advice to Senior Management1. Make yourself accessible.
2. Stop promoting family members - or at least give others an equal opportunity at those newly-created positions.

Mixed

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Press Ganey

ProsWas a small company with a tremendous focus on patient/ employee/ physician satisfaction metrics, measurement, reporting, and helping clients scientifically understand their feedback and how to use it to improve.

ConsTurned focus away from measurement; multiple clients and employees have left and continue to search for a company that truly focuses on accurate reporting of experiences. Several new management teams have come in and thrown the company off the rails. So many good people left, and continue to leave.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo back to your roots - return to your core business.

Great company

Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Press Ganey part-time for more than a year

Prosgood people, great field, hard work will pay off

Consundergoing transition, so tough to know where you stand at times

Great colleagues, incompetent upper management

Account Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

ProsFellow colleagues are very supportive. Flexible work schedule.

ConsUpper management asks for constant feedback about work conditions and never seem to do anything about it. It's like talking to a wall.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease stop putting the cart before the horse. Have a set timeline for employees with respect to internal improvements. After years of hearing "we're working on it," people become disheartened.

The company started out great, has become greedy and not employee oriented

Comment Processor (Former Employee)

I worked at Press Ganey full-time for more than 5 years

ProsInsurance benefits were really good at the time. Well as long as it wasn't for a family, but for a single person, however the opportunity for different types of benefits was good.

ConsNo job security, constant scrutiny, they are money oriented for the higher ups in the company, not employee oriented, constant pressure, crazy expectations, knowledge of being fired at any moment for no reason.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo back to how the company was run when Dr. Hall was there, it has gone down since him leaving.

Disapointing

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

ProsBenefits, hours flexibility.Able to work remotely.

ConsLack of leadership. Cut throat, cold working environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe Human.

Solid Company

South Bend, IN (US)

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time for more than a year

ProsThe people working for Press Ganey are great and the benefits are pretty good. Also the company is very flexible allowing me to work from home when necessary.

ConsThere have been a lot of changes with leadership with some long time employees recently leaving the company. I think these changes could have been communicated better. Another con is that the company has multiple office locations and some workers in the same team never meet in person, which is difficult for building working relationships.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep open the lines of communication so all employees are aware of what is going on.

A great company goes down hill

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Wakefield, MA (US)

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time for more than a year

ProsAt the rate people are leaving, they are likely to get desparate to hire replacements. There could be a good opportunity for someone who is looking at the end of 2013. There is still some level of accomodation of work/home balance but I am not sure that it will last. There is still the possibility that if the current senior management is replaced that Press Ganey could be a great company again. There are people who are being kept from doing that today.

ConsThe company is very short term focussed. This makes them do things that can have good immediate financial results but are likely to have fatal consequences in the future. The technical debt is enourmous and growing. Individuals do not matter in the company. It is clear that the management perception is that everyone is interchangable and easily replaced. The power structure is very buddy oriented, what was once called the old boys club (but with no gender discrimination at Press Ganey). Being the buddy of the next level up is far more important than competence. It appears that the company is in serious financial straights that has been well hidden from the financial analysts and investors. In the last two years, there has been one bonus paid (The CEO said that based on the financials it should not have been paid) and basically no raises even for exceptional performance according to the CEO.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt is time to stop putting bandaids on fatal wounds. A vision for what the company wants to be is needed and needs to be sufficiently concrete that it can be realized. The greatest weakness of the senior management team is that there is little to no competence in the area of leadship. When the new senior management team came in, there was a grand vision which failed because the senior management did not know how to make the vision feel real and achievable. When it came down to actually planning a transition from the current state to the future state, the senior management could not develop the plans to make it achievable. Instead they assumed that they could start from absolute scratch and by some miracle, the company would arrive at that vision.

You need to bring some people with real leadership skills into the company to compensate for the lack of these skills at the senior management level. Promoting people who are bullies and who pontificate with obviously no knowledge about their topic will not hlep build confidence in the "leadeship" of the management.

Worked for Press Ganey? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Press Ganey reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Press Ganey CEO Patrick T. Ryan. All 74 reviews are posted anonymously by Press Ganey employees.