Press Ganey

Press Ganey Reviews

Updated Apr 08, 2014

Press Ganey CEO Patrick T. Ryan

Patrick T. Ryan

Pros:
  • "Also the company is very flexible allowing me to work from home when necessary"
    in 3 reviews
  • "We used to have a great culture in our department; good people to work with"
    in 4 reviews
Cons:
  • "Several new management teams have come in and thrown the company off the rails"
    in 4 reviews
  • "It seems the current ceo and many of his henchmen/women came from a company where they did not survive the cut"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

The Iron Triangle

Project Manager (Current Employee)
Addison, TX (US)

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time for less than a year

ProsAllowed me to work from home often. Was completely up to date and on the "bleeding" edge of technology.

ConsAgile Methodology + set scope, set team, and set timeline + no ability to negotiate or assist in the initial setting of the timeline = disastrous projects. This would be OK if it were not the norm here.

Advice to Senior ManagementRead Management 3.0 and learn how to be Agile Managers. Adjust the release planning to allow for continuous delivery and regular deployments.

Run into the ground

Sales (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThere is a nice level of flexibility in the job and the base pay isn't bad.

ConsDuring my tenure with Press Ganey, there have been 4 CEOs. Each one brings in their own team and tries to "fix" what's wrong with the company. They add products and services without truly integrating them so that we have a myriad different platforms and teams that don't interact.

Press Ganey's pricing models are so varied and complicated that it is difficult to tell a prospect what a service costs. That, coupled with PG being the high priced solutions, causes us to lose several deals.

As a sales person, they have instituted a new comp plan in 2013 (which we have yet to receive in writing) that is convoluted, difficult to calculate, and penalizes the sales person for any decrease in a current client's revenue. So if a client discontinues a service because it isn't working - that money cancels out any new sales that were mad. It's possibly the worst SCIP that I have ever had in my 10+ years in sales.

Advice to Senior ManagementStreamline your offerings, make pricing more competitive and simple, and don't push a product out to market without testing it's readiness.

Used to be a great place to work, not so much anymore

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThey are very flexible with your schedule - letting you work from home, flex hours, etc.

ConsI used to really think Press Ganey was a great place to work, but in recent months my opinion has taken a complete reversal.

This company continues to pile on unnecessary upper level management (all of whom are old friends of the current CEO), while treating its average employee like dirt. If you are considering working here, don't expect to be fairly compensated for your hard work. Merit increases are no longer a given, and, though they claim that you may still be eligible for a merit increase if you score high marks on your annual performance review, this is a blatant lie. Myself and several others with whom I spoke received marks of "Exceeds Expectations" on our performance reviews, yet we received no merit increases. In the past 6 months alone, I worked an average of 60 hours per week, yet I guess that just wasn't good enough. On the same day that they announced the creation of yet ANOTHER upper level management position, the CEO of the company sent out an e-mail explaining to us that only 65 people in the entire company were deemed worthy of a merit increase this year.

They can't afford to give us raises, or to provide us with desperately needed working laptops, but they sure can afford that new manager! I expect a mass exodus soon.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop playing favorites with all of your friends and driving this company into the ground. You're ruining what used to be a good company.

Great Company to Work For!

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time for more than a year

ProsI honestly enjoy working here. Everyone I interact with is friendly, helpful and supportive. I have found the communication coming directly from the CEO very refreshing and you don't find that in many companies. He has clearly communicated the goals of the company and that the success of the company is due to the efforts of every single employee. Within my role, my manager gives positive feedback and lets you know when a job is well done. People need to embrace change, put trust in the leadership team and give 100% every day. I believe 2013 will be a breakout year for Press Ganey.

ConsWhile it would be nice to all be in one location and know our co-workers better, videoconferencing and communicator help out a bit.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep open the lines of communication so all employees are aware of what is going on.

Great Company To Work For!

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

ProsThe employees are truely invested in the company's success. It is refreshing to work alongside individuals who enjoy coming to work!

ConsWith offices throughut the country, you can work with people from all over and have limited opportunites to connect in person.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to communicate and provide opportunities for feedback.

Great people

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Press Ganey full-time

ProsGreat product and great people to work with

ConsCEO changed multiple times over a few year period

Way Ahead of the Market

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time for more than a year

ProsPress Ganey is by far the leading provider of patient satisfaction and related services. We have deeper benchmarks, better analytics and more advisors working personally with clients than any other player in the market. As far as opportunities, virtually all vendors in the health care industry want to explore ways to work with Press Ganey to better serve providers.

ConsToo many offices and remote locations that prevent greater efficiency. Needs to consolidate offices.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in more resources so we can move quicker.

exciting time to work at Press Ganey

Director (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL (US)

ProsPositive and strong leadership
Great company culture
Open and honest senior leadership

ConsPress Ganey is in a high growth phase right now, so at times work can be crazy but I know that in the end it is all worth it.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Great business with strong history, bright future

Wakefield, MA (US)

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time for less than a year

ProsPress Ganey has a strong history of improving the patient experience. While improvement has become a buzz word in the industry, Press Ganey has long been committed to this issue and it is the core essence of the business and mission of its team. The company is equally committed to looking for new ways to improve the patient experience in the 21st century by supporting its clients with new products, services and solutions. The vibe internally and externally is that Press Ganey is poised to continue being the industry leader and will continue to make a positive impact on health care for years to come.

ConsTo use a sports analogy, Press Ganey needs to ignore the "noise" -- those out there who say it can't, shouldn't, doesn't or won't. It can be distracting when people -- competitors or other naysayers -- espouse negative statements about your mission and purpose, but Press Ganey must not let this be a distraction.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue staying positive and encouraging all employees to reach greatness!

Physician tool

Senior Research Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time for more than 3 years

ProsJust saw a demo of Press Ganey's new physician survey tool -- looks great and innovative. I like the crispness of the presentation. I think this will position us well in the marketplace.

ConsNothing really as I think things are going well.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook to do more efforts similar to this.

Worked for Press Ganey? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Press Ganey reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Press Ganey CEO Patrick T. Ryan. All 74 reviews are posted anonymously by Press Ganey employees.