Press Ganey

Updated 24 November 2014
3.2

Press Ganey CEO Patrick T. Ryan
Patrick T. Ryan

Pros
  • Get the opportunity to work from home and the company offers terrific benefits (vacation/insurance) (in 5 reviews)

• Still has some great people doing some good things (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Every position does require a lot of work but you do get recognized for your hard work (in 5 reviews)

• New management has come in and destroyed what was a great company (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

What a horrific place to work!

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

This USED to have some great products and a culture which accepted professionalism and honest hard work.

Cons

Culture has changed with the new management who have no interest in growing the business or expanding client interest in products and outstanding customer service. In fact, you often hear the management team talk about cutting costs and corners and the client will have to just suck it up. Everyone in the organisation at every level is looking for a new job or is in the process of securing one. Poisonous environment and this management team have managed to choke the life out of a strong company in a year of trying.

Leave.

Making an Impact on Healthcare alongside talented individuals

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Since my first day working at Press Ganey, I've been blown away by the friendliness and dedication of my colleagues. While we have experienced tremendous growth, I continue to come to work excited each day both because of our mission (giving patients a voice in healthcare) and because of the committed and insanely talented people I get to partner with on that mission every day.

Cons

You have to be open to change, and working in a fast-paced environment. Healthcare as an industry is ever changing, and we are trying to stay ahead, so be prepared!

Continue to listen to associates, take the employee feedback seriously, and remain transparent.

Not Impressed

Former Employee - Account Manager in South Bend, IN (US)

I worked at Press Ganey full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company has a great group of people working as Account Managers, and the work done to improve patient satisfaction in the health care industry is rewarding.

If you are going to work for Press Ganey the best area to get into is Patient Experience Advising role. The position has a lot of freedom. They give you a laptop and a book of business to manage/consult. The people who work on the Advising team are very much people oriented and all have bright personalities. The position is primarily remote work, so you can work from home. Great job!

Cons

Management lacks the ability to recognize talent and the company is leaning toward hiring upper level positions from outside the company instead of promoting within. The seek to keep highly qualified people in the lowest possible position they can talk the person into accepting, then keep them there and use their talents at the lower pay rate. When this company started, it was a great company. Roughly 6 years ago, the founders Dr.'s Press & Ganey (former professors of the University of Notre Dame) sold the company off and the purchasers sought to make the culture very corporate, they succeeded, but to the detriment of employee satisfaction. People fill out employee satisfaction surveys each year, but are afraid to list anything negative on the surveys, because they are "confidential but not anonymous" meaning they each have a bar-code attached that is registered to the employees name. The company has a name for discharging those who lower the employee satisfaction scores.

Recognize talent when you have it & don't micromanage folks. Add some variety into the Account Management position. Press Ganey took variety away from Consultants when they transitioned into a split model with Account Managers, Advisors, and Sales Executives. Also, the building account managers sit in is windowless (except for managers who have offices lining the outside windows). I would suggest allowing some natural light into overcrowded work areas, so the moral may improve some. Lack of natural light makes people depressed and this is an obvious problem for employees at Press Ganey in South Bend, IN.

Exciting time to work for an industry leader

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Highly motivated associates who care about each other and the work they're doing every day. Opportunity to be involved with challenging, innovative initiatives. Leadership makes a real effort to be transparent and communicate changes. Excellent benefits.

Cons

In the past there have been limited opportunities (at least in my department) for training and professional development. I think that has started to change the second half of this year and I'd like to see continued focus on this area - internal and external learning opportunities for all associates

Continue doing what you've focused on this year - listening to associate feedback and making changes, recognizing accomplishments and communicating our progress today and our vision for tomorrow.

Neutral about Account Manager position

I worked at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

Great culture, very collaborative, someone is always willing to help, casual work environment.

Cons

New CEO made a lot of changes, trickle down resulted in a disconnect between employees and leadership. Not many opportunities for advancement. They created a few new positions, but it was more of a lateral move.

Go back to the mission, remember the work-life balance that so many employees were so enthusiastic about for years past.

Meaningful mission to improve the patient experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

Company is mobilized around mission to improve healthcare. We know what our goals are and what we are working towards as a team. A lot of positive momentum with clients, growing business and expanding into new markets. Inspiring management team, supportive managers, flexible schedules/work-life balance, overall happy I made the move to this company.

Cons

There is opportunity in change and we serve a rapidly changing industry. At the same time, change is hard for some employees to accept. Senior management communication around these changes has improved.

Keep up current positive momentum, continue to communicate to all employees regarding company vision and anticipated changes when possible.

• Managed risk, monitored and controlled project work packages totaling over $3.1 million with a 97% on time success rt.

Current Employee - Account Manager in Nashville, TN (US)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Nashville, TN (US)

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

Great people to work with.

Cons

Too much turn over from senior leadership.

Changing the future of healthcare

Current Employee - Sales Ops in Wakefield, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Ops in Wakefield, MA (US)

I have been working at Press Ganey as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Press Ganey does a very good job of making every employee feel welcomed and comfortable. Since joining Press Ganey, I have been able to meet all levels of management to directors all the way to the CEO. Everyone that works at Press Ganey work hard each day in order to help shape the future of the healthcare industry.

Cons

Most people that work at Press Ganey do not spend every day in the office and most employees will work from home, which can give a very empty feeling in the office space.

In order to create a better office atmosphere weekly office meetings might be helpful. Meetings could have each person in the office share what they are working on. It can be a good way to get people more comfortable with each rather then separated.

Great people to work with and wonderful clients

Current Employee - Sales in Baltimore, MD (US)
    Current Employee - Sales in Baltimore, MD (US)

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Get the opportunity to work from home and the company offers terrific benefits (vacation/insurance). The people I work with are support and we have a great team.

Cons

Every position does require a lot of work but you do get recognized for your hard work.

I am very pleased to see quite a few females in the Executive Management Positions and they have all done an amazing job and have been wonderful mentors.

Awesome work environment and friendly peers make this job awesome.

Current Employee - Marketing Intern in Wakefield, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Marketing Intern in Wakefield, MA (US)

I have been working at Press Ganey as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Everyone is very friendly and helpful. The work being done is helping real people improve their quality of life as they improve the experience at hospitals around the world. Feel like you are actually making a difference. The environment in the office is very easy going as long as you get your work done. Executives in our office are all very friendly and make the time to connect with everyone in the office which is very different than other companies from my experience.

Cons

Sometimes it seems like with all the acquisitions that the goal is not clear to everyone but the communication has improved a lot with our CEO starting to send more emails that convey what the company is doing and why.

Keep up the communication and keep engaging your employees.