Press Ganey

Updated 24 November 2014
3.2

Press Ganey CEO Patrick T. Ryan
Patrick T. Ryan

Pros
  • Get the opportunity to work from home and the company offers terrific benefits (vacation/insurance) (in 6 reviews)

• Press Ganey has a strong history of improving the patient experience (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Every position does require a lot of work but you do get recognized for your hard work (in 6 reviews)

• New management has come in and destroyed what was a great company (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

What a horrific place to work!

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

This USED to have some great products and a culture which accepted professionalism and honest hard work.

Cons

Culture has changed with the new management who have no interest in growing the business or expanding client interest in products and outstanding customer service. In fact, you often hear the management team talk about cutting costs and corners and the client will have to just suck it up. Everyone in the organisation at every level is looking for a new job or is in the process of securing one. Poisonous environment and this management team have managed to choke the life out of a strong company in a year of trying.

Leave.

An innovative industry leader with ample opportunity to advance

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

*Great company culture (at South Bend headquarters, as well as auxillary offices)
    *I have been granted numerous opportunities to advance throughout my career at PG
    *We are by far the industry leader, so there is much pride in working for the best
    *We are making considerable investment in technology used for internal operations
    *The benefits are better than those of most employers in the South Bend area
    *Internal communications have greatly improved over the past few years, and will continue to trend that way.
    *Our leadership team is very capable and savvy

Cons

*To be successful, you must be willing to work many more than the standard 40 hour work week. However, when you're passionate about the corporate mission, and you know your hard work will be recognized, the benefit is worth the cost.

*Continue the excellent work in representing Press Ganey in the marketplace. When Pat Ryan, Joe Greskoviak, Dr. Lee, and other C-Suite executives visit clients, they put the company's best foot forward and build tremendous credibility and it has amounted to some amazing closed deals. Keep forging onward in the marketplace and we will continue to deliver optimal customer service and operational excellence.

Making an Impact on Healthcare alongside talented individuals

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Since my first day working at Press Ganey, I've been blown away by the friendliness and dedication of my colleagues. While we have experienced tremendous growth, I continue to come to work excited each day both because of our mission (giving patients a voice in healthcare) and because of the committed and insanely talented people I get to partner with on that mission every day.

Cons

You have to be open to change, and working in a fast-paced environment. Healthcare as an industry is ever changing, and we are trying to stay ahead, so be prepared!

Continue to listen to associates, take the employee feedback seriously, and remain transparent.

A great, innovative company to work for, who puts the patients at the center of the mission.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN (US)

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Our senior executive team is extremely involved with our clients, and they are investing in the right places to ensure that we are positioned at the market leader. Since Pat Ryan has joined Press Ganey, we have solidified our thought leadership, and have clarified our mission - which is to partner with health care organizations to improve the patient experience. The pay is great, the work is meaningful, and we have fun while we are doing it.

Cons

There is a strong focus on the bottom line. We have to justify all expenses - which is a good thing, but it means there is some red tape to jump through.

Keep listening to the clients! Keep listening to the employees!

Amazing opportunities at an industry thought leader

Current Employee - Operations in South Bend, IN (US)
    Current Employee - Operations in South Bend, IN (US)

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people at Press Ganey are amazing. They are highly motivated, passionate about our clients, and focused on bringing about positive change in the health care industry. The culture promotes teamwork and there is always a positive, highly charged energy in every office.

Cons

The pace of work is very fast, which can prove challenging, as Press Ganey looks to shape the future of the patient experience in health care.

Associates at all levels have great ideas and varying perspectives. Finding time to talk with individuals across departments and responsibilities can prove insightful and offer a fresh look into the company and our work.

Not Impressed

Former Employee - Account Manager in South Bend, IN (US)

I worked at Press Ganey full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company has a great group of people working as Account Managers, and the work done to improve patient satisfaction in the health care industry is rewarding.

If you are going to work for Press Ganey the best area to get into is Patient Experience Advising role. The position has a lot of freedom. They give you a laptop and a book of business to manage/consult. The people who work on the Advising team are very much people oriented and all have bright personalities. The position is primarily remote work, so you can work from home. Great job!

Cons

Management lacks the ability to recognize talent and the company is leaning toward hiring upper level positions from outside the company instead of promoting within. The seek to keep highly qualified people in the lowest possible position they can talk the person into accepting, then keep them there and use their talents at the lower pay rate. When this company started, it was a great company. Roughly 6 years ago, the founders Dr.'s Press & Ganey (former professors of the University of Notre Dame) sold the company off and the purchasers sought to make the culture very corporate, they succeeded, but to the detriment of employee satisfaction. People fill out employee satisfaction surveys each year, but are afraid to list anything negative on the surveys, because they are "confidential but not anonymous" meaning they each have a bar-code attached that is registered to the employees name. The company has a name for discharging those who lower the employee satisfaction scores.

Recognize talent when you have it & don't micromanage folks. Add some variety into the Account Management position. Press Ganey took variety away from Consultants when they transitioned into a split model with Account Managers, Advisors, and Sales Executives. Also, the building account managers sit in is windowless (except for managers who have offices lining the outside windows). I would suggest allowing some natural light into overcrowded work areas, so the moral may improve some. Lack of natural light makes people depressed and this is an obvious problem for employees at Press Ganey in South Bend, IN.

Exciting time to work for an industry leader

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Highly motivated associates who care about each other and the work they're doing every day. Opportunity to be involved with challenging, innovative initiatives. Leadership makes a real effort to be transparent and communicate changes. Excellent benefits.

Cons

In the past there have been limited opportunities (at least in my department) for training and professional development. I think that has started to change the second half of this year and I'd like to see continued focus on this area - internal and external learning opportunities for all associates

Continue doing what you've focused on this year - listening to associate feedback and making changes, recognizing accomplishments and communicating our progress today and our vision for tomorrow.

Neutral about Account Manager position

I worked at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

Great culture, very collaborative, someone is always willing to help, casual work environment.

Cons

New CEO made a lot of changes, trickle down resulted in a disconnect between employees and leadership. Not many opportunities for advancement. They created a few new positions, but it was more of a lateral move.

Go back to the mission, remember the work-life balance that so many employees were so enthusiastic about for years past.

Meaningful mission to improve the patient experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

Company is mobilized around mission to improve healthcare. We know what our goals are and what we are working towards as a team. A lot of positive momentum with clients, growing business and expanding into new markets. Inspiring management team, supportive managers, flexible schedules/work-life balance, overall happy I made the move to this company.

Cons

There is opportunity in change and we serve a rapidly changing industry. At the same time, change is hard for some employees to accept. Senior management communication around these changes has improved.

Keep up current positive momentum, continue to communicate to all employees regarding company vision and anticipated changes when possible.

• Managed risk, monitored and controlled project work packages totaling over $3.1 million with a 97% on time success rt.

Current Employee - Account Manager in Nashville, TN (US)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Nashville, TN (US)

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

Great people to work with.

Cons

Too much turn over from senior leadership.