Press Ganey

Press Ganey Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Press Ganey CEO Patrick T. Ryan

Patrick T. Ryan

Pros
  • Get the opportunity to work from home and the company offers terrific benefits (vacation/insurance) (in 5 reviews)

• There are still some good people with a moral compass and try to do the right thing (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Every position does require a lot of work but you do get recognized for your hard work (in 5 reviews)

• New management has come in and destroyed what was a great company (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Disappointed

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe mission of the organization is meaningful and there are many great people that work there. People often like the work they do. Their core product is strong. Great clients. Good to average benefits.

ConsThe CEO is on a personal power trip and has surrounded himself with buddies who won't disagree with him. Many bad decisions by C-suite and no accountability. Buying companies without successfully integrating. The culture is going downhill. (Many reviews on Glassdoor are fake and written by marketing to improve ratings)

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house at the top and focus on employees. A service organization is only as strong as its people. Don't ignore the talent drain - invest in employee development and culture, and you can turn things around.

Instead of Good to Great has gone from Great to Mediocre

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat front line staff; hard working, caring and intelligent. Wonderful CNO - love her focus regarding the importance of nursing on patient satisfaction. Get to work with great hospitals in various places across the nation.

ConsSr Management; more interested in promoting "their" way than making sure what is best for the organization. Too many egos. Not trustworthy - will make a decision one day and then reverse it a week later regardless of how it hurts any employees. Used to promote a small sample for surveying as the best methodology - now promote "every patient" as a way to charge more. Have lost a lot of good people which have been replaced by Sr Mgmt cronies.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart thinking about the welfare of the company, its workers and clients more than your own personal welfare.

Regional Director

Sales (Current Employee) South Bend, IN (US)

ProsBest leadership, very well respected by our clients, excellent products and solutions, very satisfied employee.

ConsMultiple office locations requires greater effort to connect with colleagues

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Flexible and forward thinking - constantly changing and challenging employees to go above and beyond.

ProsCareer development, opportunities for professional growth, teamwork, flexibility, good leadership, thought provoking

ConsSometimes the amount of work surpasses the amount of resources that we have.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate employees at all levels as much as possible.

My experience at Press Ganey has been rewarding and satisfying.

ProsWe generally work with people that want to have a positive influence on healthcare and peoples lives. The pay is good and we get to be creative in how we work with clients and prospects. Leadership communicates well encourages problem solving.

ConsIntegration of firms we've acquired into one cohesive organization seems to be challenge...not sure why.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to enhance online analytics platform without increased pricing.

Mixed

Comment Processor (Former Employee) South Bend, IN (US)

ProsUsed to be a great family atmosphere

ConsNo longer interested in employee retention or ideas

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to those other than just Mgmt.

A Hot Mess

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) South Bend, IN (US)

ProsSome departments/teams are quite flexible and reasonable about work life balance, including working from home when needed.

ConsSome departments/teams have a culture of constant chaos, tension and pressure.

The company's new executive team(s) over the past few years have made it very clear that they are not interested in investment or retention of staff level employees. Overall, the morale in my department has improved a bit but remains low.

The company is extremely top-heavy with many executives paid highly to make the important decisions (or, more accurately, to argue with each other over decisions that never get made, or get made only to be reversed within months) and not enough staff to complete work. Executives are out of touch with the actual work going on at any given time.

Lot's of work to come but a bright future

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) South Bend, IN (US)

ProsThe company has struggled in the past, but it very much seems to be on the rise. The work environment is casual and my co-workers are friendly and intelligent. There was a management change two years ago and its revitalized a spirit of creativity and new ideas.

ConsThere has been some major changes in the past two years, there is no doubt it has turned the company around. It has however made a few employees a little uncomfortable and resulted in some jumping ship. This has presented a great opportunities to those who stick around to show some initiative but has increased to over all work load.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo what you can to put employees at ease and get them them behind these changes. The ship is going in the right direction, it just needs the crew to be excited about the course to really pick up speed.

Really Good Team

ProsThis team is very close knit and works hard. I can rely on my colleagues to get things done and we all have a lot of pride in what we do.

The direction of the company is pretty compelling. No one else can do what Press Ganey can today, so I'm proud to work on something really different.

Compensation is good - and there is still a 401k match! (which no one has anymore).

ConsThere's a lot of volume and you have to sort out how and where you are going to spend your time. It's constant prioritizing so you don't get overwhelmed. Not so balanced...

Advice to Senior ManagementI think it's the same everywhere. But we have a solid company, so it makes it worth the effort.

Sticking to a great mission

ProsPress Ganey is truly focused on improving the patient experience. Few organizations have the data and front line team to make such a great impact in an important area. There are many great individuals at the company that work hard to achieve the mission and truly care about each other. As an employee, you feel like you can express and implement your ideas without too much red tape.

ConsLeadership has a tough job staying on top of the market and figuring out where we need to expand to stay competitive. There is a lot of change, which is always difficult. A lot of the employees work remotely, which improves work/life balance but makes it hard to feel daily support from colleagues or simply brainstorm ideas.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on empowering individuals and teams to lead the change that needs to happen. Take a close look at the HR department and recruiting strategy or it will be tough to keep a competitive workforce.

Worked for Press Ganey? Contribute to the Community!