PwC

Updated Jul 31, 2014

3.5 4,761 reviews

PwC US Chairman & Senior Partner Robert Moritz

Robert Moritz

Pros
  • No work-life balance during busy season because the nature of assurance work (in 237 reviews)

• It is a great place to start your career if you want to stay in accounting (in 116 reviews)

Cons
  • Also work life balance is very difficult to achieve until it gets to the problem stage (in 803 reviews)

• Long hours during busy season but thats to be expected at any audit firm in the city (in 787 reviews)

More Highlights
4,761 Employee Reviews

Good foundation in business valuation

Senior Associate - Advisory (Current Employee) London, England

ProsExcellent exposure and opportunities to learn. They pay for your ACA qualification. Partners are very sharp. People are generally friendly and supportive of work life balance.

ConsClient deadlines which are unreasonable. These always get accepted by Partners because it's more cash in their pocket regardless of how late the team has to work to get the report done! Compensation is below market. Very bureaucratic

A great place to learn and grow!

Senior Manager (Former Employee) London, England

ProsI worked in PWC for 6 years in the London office. In my opinion, a great place to learn with a groups highly skilled professionals.

ConsI think the policy of comparative pear rating based performance evaluation is madness, it leads to negative politics. also quite often the project budgets and deadlines are unrealistic.

Advice to Senior ManagementPerformance rating should be individual, specially when the objectives are met.

Internship in PwC Sustainability Department

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPeople were very friendly and witnessed good work environment between colleagues. They were all very patient with explaining and answering our questions when asked.

ConsDue to large intake of interns therefore there were not a lot of projects or work available for me to do. First 3 weeks was a bit slow, mostly admin work. Then last month spent helping out more for a project.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

PwC

Manager (Current Employee) London, England

ProsGood work-life balance, well paid, excellent expertise.

ConsBureaucratic, slow to react to opportunity, partners risk averse

variation every day

Associate (Current Employee) London, England

Proslots of variety, great training

Conslong hours between jan and march

Advice to Senior Managementmore staff in busy season,

Internship

Intern (Former Employee) London, England

Prostop team, very friendly, ambitious colleagues, challenging work

Consproject organization sometimes fail, work overtime if not well organized

2014

Strategy (Current Employee) London, England

Prosvery good company, look after employee and the work is very good. enjoy the enviroment and way things happen.

Consvery competitive workplace, competition is fierce and problems can occur when things go wrong. looking at alternatives

Advice to Senior Managementexcellent

Wonderful grad school, but poor on career development

ESC Associate (Former Employee) Potters Bar, England

ProsGreat team of professionals. THe package is excellent and management very bright and savy

ConsIf you start at the bottom of the scale, it is difficult to build a career

Great development experience and really brilliant colleagues

Consultant (Current Employee) London, England

ProsI love the development opportunities. There are roles available in all sorts of roles. The internal teams are really strong in certain areas and it makes the company flow well. The processes and procedures are relatively clear and people are always willing to help. The office in London Bridge is great and a really first class place to work

ConsThere is a still an 'old boy' network to getting the best projects and good jobs. End of year moderation takes ages and is very drawn out. Internal IT systems etc aren't as joined up as I would like them to be. As with all lagre firms there is a constant level of change which could be managed a little better

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate more often on the things that matter - Be honest and communicate before you know all of the answers. Ask more advice of your staff, don't do it all on your own.

Best company to start working for

Audit Associate (Current Employee) Farnborough, London, England

Prospromotions, salary, team, nice environment

Conswork-life balance, some clients can be very unprofessionals.

Advice to Senior Managementthink about some time-off policies, apart from this congratulation you create the best team and environment a best job until now.

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!