QuEST Global

Updated 26 February 2015
Updated 26 February 2015
2.7

Ajit Prabhu

Pros
  • Flexible work hours, Medical, dental and vision plans decently priced for value (in 7 reviews)

• technical knowledge is plenty and opportunities to learn are more (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • You're handed work to do but upper management doesn't understand the work scope (in 7 reviews)

• Team leads have degrees in political science and other non-engineering degrees (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Fantastic Engineering Services Company with a very forward looking management

Former Employee - Vice President STRATEGIC INITIATIVES in Bristol, England
    Former Employee - Vice President STRATEGIC INITIATIVES in Bristol, England

I worked at QuEST Global full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I would have to say the global culture is instilled the moment you become a QuESTian, and have enjoyed the experience of multi-national working.

Cons

New services are difficult to deliver across multiple sites, a key to success is to build the strength across global sites and this means a certain amount of burning candles at both ends!

Growth is going to arrive when you embrace the opportunities in all of the talented people you have in QuEST-Global, just don't miss great innovation or options because you have tried it before and it didn't work.

Project Engineering

I have been working at QuEST Global full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Relax environment
    8 hrs a day, with core hours being 9-4pm.
    Good team

Cons

Low salary
    Get moved around from one project to next
    Troubleshooters for UTAS

Opportunity to create lasting value

Current Employee - Program Leader in Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Program Leader in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I have been working at QuEST Global

Pros

Co workers are very sharp people. From engineer to executive, the team is clean, deliberate and successful.
     A model for a successful engineering services firm.

Cons

Too much competition in the marketplace.

Rapid successful growth has created growing pains throughout the back office support organizations. Correct the issues before it is too late.

quest is just ok

I have been working at QuEST Global

Pros

onsite opportunity at customer location

Cons

shift , pay-scale .

please remove shift cycle

Not at all an employee friendly company.. it works just like a consultancy..

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at QuEST Global full-time (less than a year)

Pros

If you sacrifice your personal life and sacrifice your expectations on salary you can tolerate the tremendous stress they keep then as it is growing organization you may find something to grow.

Cons

Everything is a con about this company.. lemme tell you one by one..
    > 9.30 hr is mandatory.. your each and every minute recorded in tool.. dont think juss bein 9.30 hr b/w login and log out is enough.. its diff here.. if you swipe out once then you need to swipe in with in an hour if the clock ticks one minute more than an hour then your one hour time will be cut from your login timings..
    > First year you will have only 12 paid leaves.. once you serve one year you will have 25 leaves all paid and can be encashed.. you can not avail more than 7 comoff's an year..
    > HR never responds to your issues.. they are just paper tiger.. i asked for a HR letter before 2 months and till now they did not respond to my email or a IT ticket i raised.. but they are good at making crookerd employee policies..
    > it's not over yet.. it's even ok to bear above all facts but this one is awsome.. if there is a compensation day for any strike then its your responsibility to speak to client to give you wrk load & billing.. ha ha.. isnt it ridiculous..
    > They will make you do some 50 hrs courses .. mine is 75 hrs.. and there will be a exam called QCA in which they ask all technology JAVA, Electrical, DATA STAX, DB related questions no matter on which yo are having handson and you need to pass this one.. else you are not eligible for promotion.. bingo..
    > Hygeine is not at all there in company.. forget about temp control.. if you say to increase the temp they say its std.. they can only switch it on or off.. i got infections in my resp system bcos of these..
     > i could not find anything such as employee benefit here.. and yeah contractors and freshers and bench guys its not std comapany today you will come tom you might not..
    > ok yeah last and very important thing.. they make alot of false promises about the package and also the increments while recruiting.. see draft offer carefully.. they include even shift allowances in offer.. i dunno which company mentions it in offer and finally your take home is very less.. forget about bonuses and all there is nothing such..

Guys you need to change a few things.. please understand employees are assets.. IT world is small..

Excellent Company for Career Progression

Current Employee - Program Manager in East Hartford, CT (US)
    Current Employee - Program Manager in East Hartford, CT (US)

I have been working at QuEST Global full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

In my time working at QuEST I was able to transition into several technical and managerial roles and see where I best fit into the company.
    Coming into QuEST, there were immense growth opportunities, but you need to want them and work hard to get them, which I think should be an expectation with any company. The amount of growth QuEST has experienced is incredible, exciting, and looks promising for those who are geographically flexible or want to contribute to a growing organization where your opinion can make a huge impact.
    QuEST has some of the best people I've ever worked with. I've learned and grown so much professionally since my tenure here.

Cons

There is a lot of change in QuEST. If you are unable to manage and handle change well, then QuEST may not be the best fit for you.
    Understanding and adapting to QuEST's culture is difficult for those who have a corporate mindset. QuEST culture focuses on work-life balance, variety of workload, and adaptability. While I prefer this, some may not.

Compensation and benefits have undergone a vast improvement, but management should focus on extending the longevity of tenured employees and finding ways to grow, mentor, and keep them longer. Employees who go above and beyond for the company should be recognized, rewarded, and compensated accordingly.

Senior Officer

Current Employee - Senior Officer in East Hartford, CT (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Officer in East Hartford, CT (US)

I have been working at QuEST Global

Pros

Excellent company to work with I am working in this company from past 4 years

Cons

I am not found any kind of cons so for in my this four years of work experience in this company.

This is a good company to join!

I have been working at QuEST Global

Pros

Very competitive salary, benefits package and unlimited potential. I have the ability to climb the corporate ladder! My boss is consistently asking me...what do you need from me. He wants me to succeed and it is very obvious he genuinely means it! He lets me know I add value to the company and wants me to be happy and successful. No micro management. I feel like an adult working here.

Cons

I don't know necessarily count this as a negative. The company is growing and change is a part of growth.

Benchmark vacation or PTO with other "large" corporations.

Terrible

Current Employee - Engineer in East Hartford, CT (US)
    Current Employee - Engineer in East Hartford, CT (US)

I have been working at QuEST Global

Pros

Before i start I would like to clarify that I am in the engineering group, not project engineering. So I work for the suposedly "good" department. The only reason to work here is to get a starting job if you can't find one anywhere else. The work life balance is OK because everyone just does whatever they want and management doesn't care.

Cons

Everything. The pay is bad. Benefits are terrible compared to other engineering companies. No training. Don't get a job here unless the only other option is homelessness.

Stop. If one of your recommendations on how to fix low morale is to "delay information flow" (yes that was a bullet point on the management meeting slides) then that's just insane. And invest in your employees. There's a reason everyone is leaving.

Review

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at QuEST Global full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You will get initial Salary

Cons

Not Employ friendly, you have to work very hardly as well as polish your manager

Consider the feelings of employees