QuEST Global

Updated 16 January 2015
Updated 16 January 2015
2.7

Ajit Prabhu

Pros
  • Flexible work hours, Medical, dental and vision plans decently priced for value (in 7 reviews)

• technical knowledge is plenty and opportunities to learn are more (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • You're handed work to do but upper management doesn't understand the work scope (in 7 reviews)

• Team leads have degrees in political science and other non-engineering degrees (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Fantastic Engineering Services Company with a very forward looking management

Former Employee - Vice President STRATEGIC INITIATIVES in Bristol, England
    Former Employee - Vice President STRATEGIC INITIATIVES in Bristol, England

I worked at QuEST Global full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I would have to say the global culture is instilled the moment you become a QuESTian, and have enjoyed the experience of multi-national working.

Cons

New services are difficult to deliver across multiple sites, a key to success is to build the strength across global sites and this means a certain amount of burning candles at both ends!

Growth is going to arrive when you embrace the opportunities in all of the talented people you have in QuEST-Global, just don't miss great innovation or options because you have tried it before and it didn't work.

quest is just ok

I have been working at QuEST Global

Pros

onsite opportunity at customer location

Cons

shift , pay-scale .

please remove shift cycle

Excellent Company for Career Progression

Current Employee - Program Manager in East Hartford, CT (US)
    Current Employee - Program Manager in East Hartford, CT (US)

I have been working at QuEST Global full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

In my time working at QuEST I was able to transition into several technical and managerial roles and see where I best fit into the company.
    Coming into QuEST, there were immense growth opportunities, but you need to want them and work hard to get them, which I think should be an expectation with any company. The amount of growth QuEST has experienced is incredible, exciting, and looks promising for those who are geographically flexible or want to contribute to a growing organization where your opinion can make a huge impact.
    QuEST has some of the best people I've ever worked with. I've learned and grown so much professionally since my tenure here.

Cons

There is a lot of change in QuEST. If you are unable to manage and handle change well, then QuEST may not be the best fit for you.
    Understanding and adapting to QuEST's culture is difficult for those who have a corporate mindset. QuEST culture focuses on work-life balance, variety of workload, and adaptability. While I prefer this, some may not.

Compensation and benefits have undergone a vast improvement, but management should focus on extending the longevity of tenured employees and finding ways to grow, mentor, and keep them longer. Employees who go above and beyond for the company should be recognized, rewarded, and compensated accordingly.

Senior Officer

Current Employee - Senior Officer in East Hartford, CT (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Officer in East Hartford, CT (US)

I have been working at QuEST Global

Pros

Excellent company to work with I am working in this company from past 4 years

Cons

I am not found any kind of cons so for in my this four years of work experience in this company.

This is a good company to join!

I have been working at QuEST Global

Pros

Very competitive salary, benefits package and unlimited potential. I have the ability to climb the corporate ladder! My boss is consistently asking me...what do you need from me. He wants me to succeed and it is very obvious he genuinely means it! He lets me know I add value to the company and wants me to be happy and successful. No micro management. I feel like an adult working here.

Cons

I don't know necessarily count this as a negative. The company is growing and change is a part of growth.

Benchmark vacation or PTO with other "large" corporations.

Review

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at QuEST Global full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You will get initial Salary

Cons

Not Employ friendly, you have to work very hardly as well as polish your manager

Consider the feelings of employees

Not for the career oriented or highly motivated...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Hartford, CT (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Hartford, CT (US)

I worked at QuEST Global

Pros

Flexible work schedule, and rewarding customer relationships.

Cons

There is a serious lack of professionalism and maturity, unlike any other office environment I have been a part of. There is minimal to no training for every position within the company, which leads to a lot of poor job execution.... this extends to management, HR, engineers, etc. The company does not invest in their employees in any significant way, which leads to high turnover and low moral. Compensation is much lower than the industry standard, and the raises are insulting. Due to these less than ideal conditions, the company only retains less than ideal employees.

I would advise upper management to take a serious look at why people are leaving left and right, and adjust accordingly. The company is Indian-based and that culture dictates policies in the United States, which doesn't fly here. The compensation and benefits packages need to be improved, they are not competitive. It's easy for employees to find better opportunities, because the company offers so little. The metrics set by upper management are unrealistic, and cause management to make unethical and unwise decisions in order to try and meet them. There seems to be no effort put towards retaining tenured and experienced employees. Whether you work hard or slack off, the recognition is the same, so there is really no point in going above in beyond. If management worked harder to reward valuable employees, they might have a better chance of keeping them.

Make do with less

I have been working at QuEST Global full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

For Project Engineering, only an A.S. is required. For CAE, it's a decent entry level engineering job
    Flexible work schedule
    I've met a lot of great people there
    You get face-time with customers who may eventually hire you themselves

Cons

Expect to make 1/2-2/3 market rate for the same work. Less if you're a woman.
    The PTO policy is awful. Fixed paid holidays, plus 2 floaters. No sick time (though your floating holidays can be used for sick time)
    The nature of the business makes it difficult to maintain a consistent workload unless you have a varied skill-set and can get shifted from project to project
    They keep hiring in more layers of management. I have no idea what they do, aside from pressuring everyone below them to meet unrealistic growth targets

Stop being greedy. Set realistic contribution targets so that your employees, who bust their rumps all year long to line your pockets, can actually reap their meager rewards at the end of the year. Easier targets will also help with organic growth, believe it or not!
    Get a sales team who does their job.
    Take the time to invest in people who can benefit the company long-term, instead of burning them out so they leave.
    Hire more support structure (like finance people and HR).

Low Pay but Low Stress

I worked at QuEST Global

Pros

Low stress environment. Good transition job for young people.

Cons

Low pay and the facilities are far from state of the art.

Consider kicking up compensation slightly and the pool of talent will grow immensely.

Could be a terrific place to work if....

I have been working at QuEST Global full-time

Pros

Work life balance, terrific people with incredible potential, potential to really grow outside of Engineering services.

Cons

Metrics driven (but in this business it has to be), no training infrastructure, very disjointed on boarding process, raises that do not reflect changes in employee responsibility.

This is outsourcing, so reliance on metrics, particularly billable hours, is a reality that has to be accepted... But does it have to come at the cost of disengaging employees? While profitability determines how much we can reinvest into the employee base and emerging services, I don't really feel that this is why our targets are so high... Growth requires investment in employees and infrastructure, otherwise you get fantastic metrics but a completely disengaged workforce resulting in zero growth. QuEST needs to decide which is more important, good metrics in the short term or long term sustainable growth....