Quality Inn & Suites

Quality Inn & Suites Reviews

Updated Apr 12, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Lack of respect for employees

Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee)
Ellensburg, WA (US)

I have been working at Quality Inn & Suites part-time for less than a year

ProsMy coworkers are awesome! If it weren't for them I wouldn't have stayed here so long. I like that I have the ability to use the hotel and it's amenities for a lowered price.

ConsI am NOT appreciated for all that I do. I have a college degree and am getting paid minimum wage to work the front desk. There are no benefits offered, nor are there very many opportunities for advancement, nor is there holiday pay offered. My boss is a complete ahole and just orders me around without understanding the difficulties of my job position. People always report when they've had a bad experience at the hotel, but never when they have a good one. Since I am at the front desk, I am usually the one receiving most complaints. I am also the one that answers the phones, makes reservations, cleans the lobby and bathrooms, assists guests for their EVERY SINGLE need (I've even had to babysit for a guest once while maintaining my front desk duties), and manages a very complex computer system. I am constantly on my feet and working long hours. I didn't go to college so I would have to work this hard and have so little to show for it!

Advice to Senior ManagementGive your employees some more credit! Give them the ability to advance, and perhaps some incentive to work harder! If I had a hope that there would be a payoff for all my hard work, I would work harder and be happy doing it. As things are, I'm miserable, I hate my job, and work FAR too hard.

Don't waste your time or talent at this place.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Mesa, AZ (US)

I worked at Quality Inn & Suites full-time for more than 3 years

ProsHotel staff Awesome! They are always willing to help guests with their needs.

ConsVery poor management. No benefits, raises or incentive programs.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate your employees and give credit where credit is due. Lead by example, be positive and respectful of all the staff you have employed. It wouldn't hurt to say "good job" or "we really appreciate all you do for the company" this can help build the morale of the employees. Maybe you could give a raise every once in awhile other then the usual cost of living raise showing the staff that they are an asset to the Company.

Love the owners, not the low pay.

Jeffersonville, OH (US)

I have been working at Quality Inn & Suites part-time for less than a year

ProsI work in a privately owned Quality Inn & our owners are fantastic; they encourage us to help the business grow, teach us how to manage the hotel so everything can be handled properly, and most importantly, they treat each employee as a respected individual.

ConsLow pay & hours. This isn't really the management's fault, we operate in a small town that doesn't generate a whole ton of business.

Advice to Senior ManagementSimply listen to your guests.

Good Place to work

Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee)
Seattle, WA (US)

I worked at Quality Inn & Suites part-time for less than a year

Prosfriendly people, great boss, good culture

Consnone that come to mind

Advice to Senior Managementkeep communicating with customers

Great Job, Insufficient Pay

Front Desk Representative (Current Employee)
Decorah, IA (US)

I have been working at Quality Inn & Suites part-time for more than a year

ProsThe staff are fantastic, the customers are usually very kind and friendly, cleaner than most other chain hotels, highly concerned with customer experience without compromising relationships between staff members

ConsThe pay is way too low. Regardless of previous experience in the industry, level of education, almost all hourly staff are paid minimum wage.

informative

Front Desk Agent (Former Employee)
New Orleans, LA (US)

I worked at Quality Inn & Suites full-time for more than a year

Prosjob independence, customer service, friendly bosses

Consoverscheduling of guest. employee friction

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the room decor

Just as the company name says, its a quality stay for the buck

Crystal River, FL (US)

I have been working at Quality Inn & Suites full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe hotel offers a hot breakfast.

ConsEach property location is different from another, never expect a similar experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf its not broke, quit trying to fix it!

Management needs to improve workplace

Sandston, VA (US)

I have been working at Quality Inn & Suites full-time for less than a year

Prossometimes GM will buy lunch and there really is not much to do at front desk

Consyou have to do more that one job for the pay of just one job.... pay... un safe environment.. everyone is either stealing or getting over in some way. everyday a guest will complain about the rooms and staff will act like they are working but actually just hiding out in rooms. place is disgusting

Advice to Senior Managementneed to improve hotel but I am sure you already know that just stop ignoring it

Front desk assistant

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Quality Inn & Suites part-time for more than a year

ProsGood work hours. Good pay.

ConsNeed renovation!!! Poor condition!!! Staff needs to be more hospitable.

Easy job, terrible management company.

Front Desk (Former Employee)
Orlando, FL (US)

I worked at Quality Inn & Suites full-time for more than a year

ProsEasy job that is a great start to a career in the hotel industry. Hours are flexible, at least the employees I worked with felt that way and the hotel manager was always happy to oblige when possible.

ConsManagement company that owns the hotel is very stingy with pay and time off. They are big on favoritism and very strict with rules. General Manager is a nice guy but is at times clueless as to the daily routine of the hotel.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave the managers be more hands on with the business, in many situations the employees knew more about how to handle a crisis or a problem then the general manager.

Worked for Quality Inn & Suites? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Quality Inn & Suites reviews and ratings. All 21 reviews posted anonymously by Quality Inn & Suites employees.