Quidsi

Updated 2 March 2015
Updated 2 March 2015
2.9

Maria Renz

Pros
  • Wow" customer service philosophy (in 3 reviews)

• Free beer once a week free food ok healthcare thats about it (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is nonexistent if you want to do your job well (as is expected by your boss) (in 4 reviews)

• Corporate and customer care are in the same building but you wouldnt know it (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Small Company Culture but Culture changing after Amazon Integration

I have been working at Quidsi

Pros

Challenging Work
    Lot to Learn
    Good Team
    Good people

Cons

Low Salary
    Lot of Stress
    Limited Training and Growth opportunities

Difficult to find fault ...

Current Employee - Anonymous in Jersey City, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Jersey City, NJ (US)

I have been working at Quidsi full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with Quidsi for over 3 years and feel no reason to look for another job since I am constantly challenged. I have been able to work on multiple projects across the company interacting with some of the smartest, kindest, open minded and driven professionals on projects beyond the scope of my function. Quidsi’s philosophy on performance evaluation is so fair, giving you the chance to create your own goals and ask for feedback on them from those that you believe can best comment and assess your abilities. Your voice is also heard with the anytime feedback in place should you want to comment on anyone within the organization at any level. It is so refreshing to see the changes since Amazon’s acquisition with the implementation of better systems, best practices, and focus on continuous improvement while at the same time a conscientiousness on the preservation of Quidsi culture. There has been just slight adjustments to the principles promoted to account for maturation and business focus. The company fosters learning and development through training, promotion cycles , and transfers internally within the greater Amazon network. They also recently renovated the office space accommodating additional conference rooms, huddle areas, and the infamous stacked kitchens overlooking the beautiful views of NYC giving me even more comfort of Amazon’s commitment to Quidsi’s future.

Cons

While I have seen some cost cutting controls in place, I believe it is in the best interest of responsible sustainability. Amazingly though, it hasn't watered down the fun, celebratory culture.

Micromanagement case study

Former Employee - Customer Care Associate in Jersey City, NJ (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Care Associate in Jersey City, NJ (US)

I worked at Quidsi full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Mix of very cool and outgoing people. Lots of data entry experience, phone skills, and casual writing.

Cons

Stressful work environment. But I suppose that comes with the customer service territory.

Stop monitoring restroom breaks...

Great place to work...

Current Employee - Director in Jersey City, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - Director in Jersey City, NJ (US)

I have been working at Quidsi full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Quidsi is a fun and exciting place to work - I have a great work life balance. The office is located right by the Path so commuting is so convenient. You can drive and park right in the building too. The office is spacious and has a beautiful view of NY City.
    You get to work with smart, driven people who want to make things happen. Everyone is helpful and makes your feel welcoming. It’s truly a great culture - It’s the ideal place for people who love to have fun and work smart!
    The other pros that I can think of are flexible schedules which is what makes for a great work life balance with telecommuting options and manager support. Good compensation model, endless perks (culture club, rock band, reading club, waffle Wednesday, "be open" bar every Thurs, Bagel Fridays, and pantry full of food.)
    There is something fun happening all the time.

Cons

You get commuter benefits but parking can be steep if you want to park in the building.

Do not work in customer care.

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Jersey City, NJ (US)

I have been working at Quidsi full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Snacks
    There is a guy from Philadelphia

Cons

Managers have thr intelect of 5 year olds. You Will NOT move into a corporate position. You are paid terribly and micro managed. You will have monthly reviews that are rediculous considering it is a crap job. This job could be good for someone in college because it is about 35000 annually. Working for Amazon is like working for Walmart. I cannot stress enough what a hell hole this place is. Please do not work there.

Gro up. You are working in a call center. Losers. Hope you can swim in deep cold water when that ship finally sinks to the bottom.

Friendly, laid back work environment

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Jersey City, NJ (US)

I have been working at Quidsi full-time (less than a year)

Pros

No dress code, friendly atmosphere, no stress

Cons

Low pay, no free parking for day shift,

They treat contractors horribly

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Quidsi as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Young crowd, great culture, nice people

Cons

They treat contractors horribly. They don't include them in anything. They have a huge kitchen full of snacks and whatnot but decide not to include contractors. They throw happy hour every thursday. Again contractors can not attend. They make you feel unwanted as a contractor. Specially the team that runs employee with the exception of few people literally watch you. It's understandable that contractors don't get benefits but little things likes drinks and snacks and bagel friday and happy hour is just low. It's unfair because even as a contractor one is still human and doesn't need to be separated from full timers. Maybe they should just have a separate room where all the contractors can be isolated in and work instead of always treating them like a nobody.

Try treating everyone the same maybe people will want to contract for you in the future.

Use to be great

Former Employee - Fulfillment Specialist in Sparks, NV (US)
    Former Employee - Fulfillment Specialist in Sparks, NV (US)

I worked at Quidsi full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Upbeat work environment, supervisors were great to work with, they actually cared about what you had to say or suggestions for improvement. Benefits are great. Co-workers were great as well. The culture and values the company had before being bought by Amazon was great, it was a very family friendly company.

Cons

Was bought out by Amazon, long hours with almost impossible goals to reach, the morale became very down and most people didn't want to be there anymore.

Make your employees feel important, without them you wouldn't be in business.

Great

I have been working at Quidsi full-time

Pros

Good Team environment, getting help from co-workers is easy, good learning experience.

Cons

hard to get help from managers, limited professional growth.

I guess they're doing well.

Quidsi Photos

A view from the office in a foggy day
A view from the office in a sunny day

+ Add Photo