Quidsi

Updated Apr 10, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Maria Renz

Used to be a good company to work for.

I have been working at Quidsi

ProsGreat teamwork at the fulfillment centers. Corporate employees are nice too.

ConsManagement was great when I first started. Now that Amazon runs everything you have a culture where managers are only concerned with back stabbing each other. You will be the scapegoat for every problem. Nobody takes ownership of issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on teamwork. Stop pointing fingers when you are part of the problem.

You meet some nice people.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Quidsi full-time

ProsGreat environment, victuals, bagels on Friday morning, terrific view of the Freedom Tower.

ConsSnobbish Management - A bunch of yuppies!

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management shouldn't pounce upon their subordinates with drive-by criticisms. Some of the managers are full of themselves. The managers should strive to remain humble. After all, karma is a horrible thing, and some day, their lives could also end up changing on a dime!

It has been very interesting

Customer Care Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Quidsi full-time for more than a year

ProsCompany events, weekly happy hours, group lunch

ConsConstant change, attendance policy and attendance points

Advice to Senior ManagementManage

A revolving door of micromanagers

I have been working at Quidsi full-time for more than a year

Prosfun people, free snacks and easy commute from NYC

Consterrible management
in New Jersey
no one stays more than 3 years
unorganized
unprofessional

Advice to Senior Managementhire when you need to, don't be so cheap.

Not a place you will learn or grow

Marketing/Creative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Quidsi full-time for more than a year

ProsIf you like a job that isn't challenging, then work here. There is a happy hour on thursdays.

ConsDealing with upper management and their lack of trust in the team under them to do what they are skilled at or hired to do. There is absolutely no career development here. There is no innovation on any of the teams. The CMS tools are crippled and built/managed in china.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake some time to develop your team. Let them lead a little bit. Innovation can go a long way. Stop running the same failure over and over.

customer service rep

I have been working at Quidsi

Prosgreat company to work for.

Consinterview is a long process

Has become a bad place to work

Corporate (Former Employee)

I worked at Quidsi full-time for more than 3 years

ProsOverall, great colleagues. Enjoyed working with a lot of my peers. Reasonable dress code (some people wear business casual, some wear jeans…none of it is a problem).

ConsFrustrating in trying to remain entrepreneurial and make our own decisions in light of involved corporate processes and restrictions from Amazon.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare more. Enthusiasm from senior management changed after the acquisition; that attitude is palpable and trickles down.

A joke.

Designer (Current Employee)
Jersey City, NJ (US)

I have been working at Quidsi full-time for less than a year

ProsLove the sites, products, customer service, brand. I was excited to work on a site/product that I would actually use. In fact, I still do.

There's a great mix of people, so you're bound to find a close-knit group of friends from the people you meet here.

Amazon benefits. The discounts, perks, stock options, benefits were great.

I'd describe the culture as corporate-fun. If you came from an uber corporate company, this would be a fun place to work for you. If you came from a true start-up, you'll probably want to vomit a little at the forced 'start-up' culture they put into place.

ConsManagement is unorganized and disrespectful to their staff, especially the marketing creative team. They still claim to be a "start-up", which is their poor excuse for forcing their designers to work 60 hours a week and make last minute changes after projects are finalized.

I'm sure it used to be a fun place work at before the Amazon acquisition, but now it's just a big corporation who's losing money and customers because upper management doesn't know how to make decisions that POSITIVELY affect their customers. Middle and upper management are always wishy-washy about their decisions, and creative always gets the brunt of the back and forth.

Chances are, you'll start off as a freelancer and they'll try to reel you in as a full-time employee after a while. Don't do it. Trust me.

Meetings upon meetings upon meetings. Too many meetings about having more meetings.

Tremendous place to show your skills. Perfect setting to get your feet wet if you're starting your career in management

Hourly Associate (Current Employee)
McCarran, NV (US)

I have been working at Quidsi full-time for more than 3 years

ProsNot micro-managed. Given the tools to excel.

ConsCan't blame the company for much, they're fairly new, trial and error.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it going. Didn't get to be number one for no reason.

Confused Culture

I have been working at Quidsi full-time for more than 3 years

ProsCasual work environment and excellent core values

ConsStruggling with entrepreneurial start now consumed by bulky corporate processes from Amazon

Advice to Senior ManagementLet Quidsi be Quidsi, it is not Amazon.

Worked for Quidsi? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Quidsi reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Quidsi CEO Maria Renz. All 34 reviews are posted anonymously by Quidsi employees.