Quintiles

Be The First To
Add Photos

Quintiles CEO Tom Pike

Tom Pike

Pros
  • I believe them when they say that work/life balance is a priority for them(in 40 reviews)

• Good interpersonal relations, good working environment, possibility to work from home(in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • This does get compensated by the fact that work - life balance is very nice(in 52 reviews)

• A serious lack of trust in the vision and honesty of upper management has led to plunging morale(in 15 reviews)

10 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Awful Company to work for

CRA (Former Employee) Morrisville, NC (US)

ProsThey will hire anyone and promote them to a management position.

ConsLousy management, overworked staff and no accountability my upper level staff.

Good Workplace, Low pay scale compared to others

Statistical Programmer I (Current Employee) Morrisville, NC (US)

ProsGood Workplace, low stress and low pressure compared to other CRO's in Raleigh-Durham.

ConsLow pay scale compared to other CRO's like paraxel or PPD.

Advice to Senior Managementget competitive with pay scale

OK - not great

Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) Morrisville, NC (US)

ProsFantastic co workers - people on the ground are great

Conshighly, highly, highly political environment

Advice to Senior Managementsupport your teams - clean up your process

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company

Coordinator (Current Employee) Morrisville, NC (US)

ProsGood pay, great benefits but managers have micromanaging tendencies

ConsSome departments are controlled by micromanagers

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of managers that micromanage employees.

Don't believe "contract to hire"

IT Department (Former Employee) Morrisville, NC (US)

ProsInteresting work. Financially stable, growing company. Decent work life balance. Contractors are treated well (except for Cons below). Opportunities to learn.

ConsNo compunction about advertising "contract to hire" when position is not budgeted (discovered after the fact). They will sound sincere, but there is no drive or effort to keep their promise despite positive performance feedback.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your arrogance in check with respect to the timeliness of hiring talented contractors, who in good faith, come onboard expecting you keep your hiring promise.

Generally a good place to work

IT Engineer (Former Employee) Morrisville, NC (US)

ProsHonest, smart people, for the most part.

ConsA lot of tension between various teams and departments. Way, way too many managers. Hyper sensitive change control, which is understandable but also constricting.

Advice to Senior ManagementFlatten out the structure - remove as many levels of management as possible.

Great place if you are a permanent employee

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Morrisville, NC (US)

ProsGood work-life balance. Good tools to work with. Good learning environment.

ConsNot good if you are a contractor. Often terminated with no prior notice even with an extended contract.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat people with more respect; give contractors a heads up if they are going to be let go.

Collaborative, Technology Oriented Environment

Analyst (Current Employee) Morrisville, NC (US)

ProsIT is innovative and cutting edge. There is a good work-life balance. The organization as whole is customer focused which is good but also difficult to manage.

ConsSometimes shortcuts are taken to meet customer demands which impact the final product. Deadlines are sometimes unreasonable in regards to timelines. One issue is that different customers are promised different features or solutions for the same product and sometimes these can contradict each other leading to problems with development or validation of a system.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave the sales folks talk to the IT folks about what you can actually promise a customer before just agreeing to everything.

Excellent & motivating place to work

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Morrisville, NC (US)

ProsLeading edge analytics
    Leader in the CRO industry
    Worldwide company with job location flexibility
    Excellent people and technical practices

ConsIntense work & hectic pace due to market growth and acquisitions
    Work Life Balance is a challenge sometimes but its mitigated by flexible working hours and work from home conveniences with approval from your manager

Advice to Senior ManagementDelegate more budgetary accountability

Great learning experience

Statistical Programmer (Current Employee) Morrisville, NC (US)

ProsGood competitive pay in comparison to similar jobs. Vert experienced coworkers. Ability for personal development is fair. Hands on business style.

ConsDifficult to manage work life balance. Favoritism is shown. Sense of mistrust among leadership and regular employees. So many people have been there for so long that there are tight knit circles. Hard for new people to find a home.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen up and show people they are welcome. Respond to concerns in a timely manner. You don't need a survey for everything. Make employees think you cate about them not just your bottom line.

Worked for Quintiles? Contribute to the Community!