Quorum Business Solutions, Inc.

www.qbsol.com
  www.qbsol.com

Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. Reviews

Updated 5 December 2014
Updated 5 December 2014
3.2

Perry Turbes

Pros
  • Good environment to learn technical side of oil and gas software (in 8 reviews)

• Good exposure to a wide variety of tasks, companies, and parts of the oil and gas industry (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • They are okay with the high turnover rates, as inexperience means more billable hours (in 4 reviews)

• Sometimes it is difficult to have a charge code to apply all 9 hours of your work day (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

Learned a lot.

I have been working at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc.

Pros

Salary is really good for college grad.

Cons

Experience is lacking at a certain level

Great place to grow!

I have been working at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. full-time

Pros

I came through the "college recruiting" process just like most of the other employees here. I had 2 round of interviews on campus with different managers then got a call to come visit the office. The office visit is what really won me over! The Houston office is amazing! We got a chance to talk to some of the current employees over dinner and they told me what their likes/dislikes are about the company and even gave me some tips for my office interview. The next day, you have an interview with an executive of the company. I wouldn't even call it an 'interview' it was more of a conversation. The same night after my office visit, I got a call from someone in recruiting with the offer. (Very quick turnaround).

I've been here for almost a year and I am already a 'back-up' for my BL and the backup team lead. Quorum really cares about the growth of their employees!

Cons

In the beginning, it may seem like you are working long hours (50-60 p/wk). After a couple months when you get the hang of it you learn how to manage your own time. The way I look at it - more time and effort you put into something the more you will get out of it.

It is a wonderful place to work

Former Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Well structured environment. Professional and friendly team members

Cons

High pressure job, when it comes to billing hours

Good first job after college, but not a lot of potential for growth

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

As a college hire I was given training in cpp and sql development, skills that have served well with subsequent employers. I enjoyed the people I worked with and learned great project planning skills. Benefits were also great.

Cons

After working a Quorum for several years I realized that there is little chance for advancement past the senior consultant / manager level.

Two Types of People

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good pay
    Fast promotions if you are smart and do well
    Smart people

Cons

Ridiculous hours
    Full time travel
    Company doesn't care AT ALL about you as a person
    Good luck using the vacation you earned

Quorum can't hold on to its people. Quorum hires excellent, young college grads. The problem is that they treat them so terribly that most of them quit within the first couple years. Having people travel five days a week while working 10-12 hours a day plus 8-10 hours on the weekends is not how you keep people around. This type of work load could be on the brink of acceptable IF at any other point the company treated you like a human being. However, they balk if you ask to take any kind of vacation (I had co-workers fighting to take half a day off for weddings) and essentially bribe you with great pay to keep you from leaving.

If you want to be a developer, this company could work out well for you as the developers hardly ever travel and are rarely assigned to projects, which means they don't work as crazy of hours. If you're not interested in the technical side of things and want to interact with clients, however, you will almost certainly be put on a project with hours on par with what was discussed above. Upper management takes the attitude of "Well I did that, so you should too," and essentially ignores all of the complaints that they receive. Turnover rate is incredible.

Good place to start

I have been working at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. full-time

Pros

Good learning opportunities and a good place to start your career.

Cons

Poor management and lack of resources

Get with it.

Great place to work for people that are driven to succeed.

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Houston, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent place to work if you enjoy being challenged and desire the opportunity to take on responsibility. It's great to be surrounded by other highly motivated and intelligent people.

Cons

Fast paced work environment with high expectations, may not be right for everyone. Sometimes the pressure that comes from the high expectations adds to overall job stress.

Great Experience

Current Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Lots of experience and responsibility straight out of college. Friendly people. Open workplace where employees are encouraged to ask questions. Mentor program for new employees. 4 week training teaches lots of information/technologies. Opportunities to help out with recruitment process. Flexible work time frames (as long as you put in your 9+ hours). Really intelligent co-workers. Work activities can change day by day, so tasks will never be boring. The company is doing great overall in their industry.

Cons

Other employees will know and gossip about your new role/project before you even know it (so you'll usually hear unofficially first). Some employees have to work long 12+ hours days on projects and generally seem unhappy. High turnover. Sometimes it is difficult to have a charge code to apply all 9 hours of your work day. Depending on the teams, there can be issues in communication.

Focus on employee retention. Ensure all managers & above are openly communicating tasks. Find a way to ease the stress of charge codes.

Great company that continues to grow year over year

I have been working at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. full-time

Pros

At Quorum, your success is what you make of it. The company provides its employees with tons of opportunities to stretch their skill set and learn new things. Promotions and compensation are merit based and the company has a strong history of promoting from within.

The company has a strong success in recruiting college hires, as well as, experienced hires. The employees have a wide range of college degrees and the company recruits from the oil and gas industry and from people with technical or consulting backgrounds. Therefore, the employee base is very diverse and have incredibly well rounded skill sets.

Cons

Along with its software, the company also performs consulting services for their clients. Whether it's supporting existing clients, or implementing software at a new client, the company expects its employees to take exceptional care in providing services to their clients. That means expectations from an accountability and a performance perspective are extremely high.

QBS had some good people there overall.

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Houston, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Learned a lot while I was there. Was able to grow and strengthen some of my skills.

Cons

Management cant seem to figure out how to get it all to work. High turnover. Work hours -- require you BILL 9 hours daily.

Talk to your employees. They are not happy with all the changes you keep making. And just because someone has been there and is a senior person does NOT make them a good manager!!!!

Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. Photos