RBS Worldpay
www.rbsworldpay.com Atlanta, GA 1000 to 5000 Employees

RBS Worldpay Reviews

Updated Mar 21, 2014
RBS Worldpay – “270 Cambridge Science Park (Photo thanks to…”

RBS Worldpay CEO Philip Jansen

Philip Jansen

Pros:
  • "Good pay and benefits within the industry"
    in 4 reviews
  • "Remote work environment outside of ATL"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:
  • "I am amazed at the high turnover that remains though I left months ago I still see it"
    in 3 reviews
  • "The senior management team are disingenious, so that it is very likely that the FSA will investigate them soon"
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Take old reviews with a pinch of salt, WorldPay is changing

I have been working at RBS Worldpay full-time for more than a year

ProsExciting times with a transforming workforce, new offices and attitude
New senior management team - fresher, younger and commercially astute
No longer part of RBS - a move for the better
Huge opportunities for people who want to achieve - not for those looking for an easy ride

ConsTechnology is frustrating at times but massive steps forward
Still a lot of deadwood especially in the Streamline business
A real need for an organisation-wide voice. The 3 divisions are very silo'd
Negativity especially from some of the 'lifers'

Advice to Senior ManagementTry not to change everything all at once. Recognise employees for their efforts

Institutionally racist company

Will Not Disclose (Current Employee)
London, England

I have been working at RBS Worldpay full-time for less than a year

ProsGood central location, flexible benefits scheme, if you are a White British male then you can work from home on Fridays

ConsDiscrimination, hostile work environment, unfair treatment, poor management, low morale, lots of people get fired for nothing, upon exit you get bullied into signing a compromise agreement for a meagre sum and then they claim you've given up your right to complain and so you have been treated fairly

Advice to Senior ManagementStart managing, finally

Discusting management!!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at RBS Worldpay full-time for less than a year

ProsBrilliant beginnings bribed by fantastic facilities such as the comfortable interiors and free 'cafe nero' style coffee. This is then definitely phased off very quickly by major flaws that follow on and dominate quite like a bad rash.

ConsLack of management training for managers make a new vibrant team fade away very quickly.
Management have no interest in their team.
Management make big statements and promises which are false.
No training, no guidance, no support what so ever.
It is all about covering the manager. They put blame on their employers for errors and inconsistencies and like to lie or dont want to admit their errors.
A manager drive me way out, felt bullied, victimised and scared. This happened suring probation which forced me to leave. I would recommend to ignore this company totally.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to manage
Eradicate the bullies
Learn to listen

Crazy, uncontrolled environment

IT WORKER (Former Employee)

I worked at RBS Worldpay full-time for more than a year

ProsFriendly people, opportunities are there.

ConsPassive, disinterested management. Make a special effort to complete a project? You will not be thanked. Behaviour of colleagues is a free-for-all. Every man for himself. No quarter given.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a class on how to manage people. Educate yourself on the work that your people do. Show your appreciation of your people’s work. Thank them.

A company that lacks direction and is hard to work for

Procurement (Former Employee)

I worked at RBS Worldpay full-time for more than a year

ProsIt is centrally located, has a fast-moving pace, wants to succeed, has an ambitious management team

ConsThe management team provides no leadership and direction. There is a lot of confusion as to what is happening since the company was sold by RBS to American venture capitalists. The Americans interfere in the organisation's daily business to the detriment of the company. The senior management team are disingenious, so that it is very likely that the FSA will investigate them soon. Everything is done in a haphazard and disorganised way and employees find it hard to do their jobs

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a business plan - most companies have them so should you. Do not act give incorrect information to your regulator, it will come out in the end like it has done with Barclays, RBS etc. and you will be fined. Ask the Americans to butt out, they only add to the overall confusion of the place

In general, a good experience

Sales Representative (Former Employee)
Indianapolis, IN (US)

I worked at RBS Worldpay full-time for more than 3 years

ProsStrong company. Good benefits and fair pay.

ConsToo far from supervisor. Was forgotten most of the time.

HOSTILE PLACE OF WORK

Help Desk Blended Agent; and Platinum Support (Current Employee)

I have been working at RBS Worldpay full-time for more than a year

ProsYou get a check . Sometimes is not correct.

ConsManagement harass you. They treat you like slaves. They yell at you. A couple of my friends went to human resources to complain and they end up getting fired. Human resources is a zoo. This place is so hostile. A group of us went to the EEOC. They should really take a very close look at this company. They are also very dishonest to their merchant making up fees that don't exist. They need to get the attorney general involved.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees like people not animals. Let us take lunch.

WARNING; A poisonous Operations Environment - SEE THE HIGH TURNOVER for PROOF!

Help Desk Blended Agent; and Platinum Support (Former Employee)

I worked at RBS Worldpay full-time for more than a year

ProsA paycheck - nothing more.

ConsA 30 minute lunch for all non-management in a high volume call center? RIDICULOUS; no two days off in a row unless you are in mgmt. I am amazed at the high turnover that remains though I left months ago I still see it. They DO, as another reviewer said; hire you for one thing; then have you work across roles WITHOUT ANY EXTRA pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have a need to make what makes your help desk work HAPPY - the team ; not JUST mgmt. And still running XP? I cannot believe it.......

Stay far away from OPERATIONS!!! (Helpdesk, Customer Care)

Help Desk Specialist I (Current Employee)

I have been working at RBS Worldpay full-time for more than a year

ProsExcellent Vacation Time and a paycheck.

ConsHigh Turnover Rate - management does not care, all they warm bodies; Incompetent Supervisors - Good Ol Boy System - either neighbors, relatives, inlaws, etc; Unethical Work Practices - reporting to HR is a waste of time as it's all a numbers game and thats the bottom line; Owned by Bain Capital - enough said (google is your friend); Will hire you for one position, then once on board you will have to work both Help Desk, Customer Care, and possibly Cross Sales; LOW MORALE - good employees but due to unrealistic goals and micro management the environment is extremely negative (supervisors don't care). Strict Adherence guidelines and survey scores from irate merchants due to shady sales tactics does not offer much in job security; Workforce Management policy and guidelines are less than desirable....30 minute lunch breaks are insane in a high volume call center and trying to schedule time off is hit or miss as call volumes are usually high. The list goes on an on an on....don't fall for the FAKE positive review from the "leaders"....this place is a joke under "new" incompetent leaders and it's not changing for the good.....

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be a waste of time...they're narcissistic behavior would prevent them from taking heed to the advice of call center agents and frankly, I don't believe they care....

Lots and Lots of Turnover

Sales (Former Employee)
Detroit, MI (US)

I worked at RBS Worldpay full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat Manager. He was never given a chance.

ConsDeclining Pay Scale. Poor Upper Management. Low commission pay scale.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of them! So you can pay your sales people.

Worked for RBS Worldpay? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at RBS Worldpay reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for RBS Worldpay CEO Philip Jansen. All 53 reviews are posted anonymously by RBS Worldpay employees.