RPM Mortgage

Be The First To
Add Photos

Rob Hirt

Distracting, Challenging and Open Work Environment

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Alamo, CA (US)

ProsEmployee recognition via free food and 1st floor main office of 3240 bldg looks immaculate.

ConsInflexible, demanding and rigid directors, managers and executives funnels up to very frugal CFO who does not reward employees company-wide with annual pay increase for good performance. Unclear guidelines for direct supervisors as to to what is expected; 3:1 female to male ratio and all women staffed HR ; training dept.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want to growth you need to look at the better promoting from within rather than relying on referrals, nepotism or paying a staffing agency to hire for a role. Auto annual pay increase should be based on performance

Lot's of Glitz, no substance

ProsCompany does everything first class

ConsCompany leadership lives in a bubble of exclusivity. Focus is entirely on the "Luxury Home Buyer" The idea of huge loan amounts is alluring but what about the common people just trying to buy a home to raise their family? There appears to be zero interest in anything but the super jumbo market.

Advice to Senior ManagementCome down a couple of steps from your lofty ladder and take a look at the real world.

A company you'll never want to stop working for.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe company is very organized, professional, and dedicated to providing the best environment for employees.

ConsSome employees seem unqualified for their job.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Place to Work!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Alamo, CA (US)

ProsFriendly and professional work environment.
    Opportunities for growth and advancement.
    Great work and life balance.

ConsBenefits package is not that good. No automatic life insurance coverage by employer and no company match of 401(k) plan.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease offer automatic life insurance coverage for your employees. Cover more employer cost for medical insurance.

Nice people, work environment is a little distracting

Senior Underwriter (Former Employee) Alamo, CA (US)

ProsGreat people. Most have been there a really long time.

ConsWork environment is distracting as there are no cube walls. Everything is open. Little room for advancement as management has been there for a long time.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore training for employees would be nice. Little training is offered. Felt like I was thrown in the deep end and told to swim.

Great new Campus!

Home Office Employee (Current Employee) Alamo, CA (US)

ProsCompany culture and energy is wonderful. Enjoy working with everyone here. It is clear RPM hires and retains the best employees in the industry. The team effort and employee dedication to the company is admirable.

ConsVolume levels can be stressful. Turnover is low - makes it hard to get a job here and it can limit growth opportunities. They do promote from within when the opportunities open up.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the good work

Excellent Work Environment

Executive Assistant (Current Employee) Campbell, CA (US)

ProsGreat pay plus bonuses, no micromanagement , friendly coworkers, family oriented, great learning environment, excellent bennfits, jean Friday and lots of paid holidays

ConsThe only downside is that for the most part we work long hours

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you for creating such a positive work environment.

Not good benefits

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Walnut Creek, CA (US)

ProsTime off is easy to get and a laid back atmosphere

ConsThey do not give raises and promotions are hard to come by.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart promoting from within and get more reviews with at least a cost of living raise.

Worked for RPM Mortgage? Contribute to the Community!