Rackspace

www.rackspace.com

Rackspace Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Graham Weston

Pros
  • Culture is amazing and I've never had more a better work/life balance(in 25 reviews)

• Great culture and endless opportunities (if you earn them)(in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • Middle management is the worst I've seen in my career in most departments(in 30 reviews)

• Work life balance can be a challenge - not nearly as bad as Amazon(in 10 reviews)

Work hard, play hard... until the fun and games get too repetitive!

Linux Systems Administrator I (Former Employee) London, England

ProsOn the surface nice and friendly...

Cons...but at times it turns into a real grind and the company is out to make money at the expensive of its employees - Fanatical Support = go above and beyond without being paid for!

Advice to Senior ManagementFix your staffing issues, one day customers will turn on you... well, they already have (ask some of your Lead Techs!).

Great place to work with some amazing people

Linix Engineer (Former Employee) London, England

ProsGreat culture and people with lots of talents around that you could learn from.

ConsDepend on your role and function, you could be a bit under pay than in the city.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompensate the people with the right skills according to the market rate.

Fun place to work, too many chiefs . . .

Systems Administrator (Current Employee) London, England

ProsFun, relaxed working environment, free breakfast, good offices, location is convenient if in a pretty horrible area.

ConsToo many managers, having too many meetings. Heavily 'siloed' environment. Very cliquey. Tech departments are larg call centres, work is very ticket based and can get very repetitive. Career advancement is slow.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your hands dirty!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Mostly good, but watch out for some of the Managers

Business Development Associate (Former Employee) Hayes, England

ProsGreat working environment, great benefits and perks, Good movement within the company and support from the majority of the management teams.

ConsThe sales sector is tougher and a lot less about engagement and environment than the support sectors. Don't mess around with these guys

Awesome place to work

Virtualization Engineer (Current Employee) London, England

Prospeople focused. Loads of training. Promote career development. amazing culture

ConsRapid changing organization. Loads of changes

Advice to Senior Managementnot everyone is fast to deal with change.

Must work for

Datacenter Operations Technician (Current Employee) Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

ProsFast growing company that truly supports and encouraging employee growth. Every single individual in a company with over 1000 UK employees are awesome to work with.

Conschanges can take a while to come into effect due to company size and changes processes.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove the change processes. Perhaps have a change board for internal processes.

Awesome company

Team Lead (Current Employee) Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

ProsA great drive to improve; Really cares about employee engagement; Truly follows its core values; Works hard, plays hard; There are some really supportive people here that will do whatever is in their power to see you on the right path

ConsYour working location has a huge effect on the treatment by the local-level management; these bad eggs are few and far between however

Fanatical Awesome

Prosgreat culture, great people, always fun, always learning new stuff and expecting the next big think to come in soon.

Conssome people work harder than others, but i guess that's true in any company. at least on this one, most people will try to help you and overcome those difficulties..

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep your eyes and ears open to what's around you.

Really good company

Linux Systems Administrator (Current Employee) London, England

ProsGreat people and work place. All my immediate managers have been helpful and accommodating both professionally and personally. Co-workers are motivated, friendly and have a great work ethic. Everyone really tries to do the right thing for the customer and each other.

ConsNowhere is perfect, but I've built up my career there and it's consistently gotten better. With tenure and experience, compensation catches up.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep looking out for employees, and they will keep looking out for customers.

Overworked but learnt alot!

DC Ops Tech (Former Employee) Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

Pros-Good Training
    -Good place to start
    -Rapid growth
    -Lots of room for progression as a Tech
    -Secure job, no redundancies

Cons-Management dont listen to line-workers
    -Constantly coerced into overtime due to company growing fast and difficulty hiring.
    -Slightly lower salary than competitors.
    -Bad shift rotas
    -Sales oversell solutions, way more than customers need, they are too incentivised by commision

Advice to Senior Management-Pay your employees more to reduce churn
    -Less middle management
    -Dont overwork employees with overtime

Worked for Rackspace? Contribute to the Community!