Raley's

Raley's Reviews

Updated Apr 16, 2014

Raley's President & CEO Michael Teel

Michael Teel

Pros:
  • "Good benefits for working part time"
    in 7 reviews
  • "Good Pay if your in the Grocery clerk status"
    in 7 reviews
Cons:
  • "The upper management was not that great so that could have been better but oh well"
    in 3 reviews
  • "It is difficult to run the store when there is only 1 courtesy clerk for the last 4 hours of the day"
    in 6 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Good place to work.

West Sacramento, CA (US)

I have been working at Raley's full-time

ProsCompany wants to grow again and do big things.

ConsUnion labor holds company back relative to competition.

Decent

Deli Clerk (Former Employee)
Elk Grove, CA (US)

I worked at Raley's part-time for less than a year

ProsMinimum of 24 hours a week

ConsHorrible managment, late hours and same shifts.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork!

Good then a lot of changes

No Need (Former Employee)
Sacramento, CA (US)

I worked at Raley's full-time for more than 10 years

ProsUsed to have very good team work

ConsMany upper and middle management changes so processes and procedures changed and few could communicate what was really wanted. Still struggling to find and follow a defined path due to economy.

Advice to Senior ManagementChoose people that know what they are doing vs ones that treat you well and tell you what you want to hear. Culture was much better prior to family getting back involved.

Decent place to work.

Deli Clerk (Current Employee)
Fairfield, CA (US)

I have been working at Raley's part-time for more than 3 years

ProsBenefits. Decent hours, 10% employee discount,

Cons4-5 hour shifts sometimes, management plays favorites, raises are terrible and take a long time to earn, never a set schedule which makes it hard to have a life, no room for moving up in the company unless you want to spend 10+ years there, terrible music playlist (the same songs play over and over) many many other cons.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward people for hard work, set standards and consequences for not meeting them and rewards for exceeding them. LISTEN TO YOUR EMPLOYEES

good job

Clerk (Current Employee)
Walnut Creek, CA (US)

I have been working at Raley's part-time for more than 8 years

Prosgood hours good pay great people to work with

Consnone that i know of

Advice to Senior Managementyes

Courtesy Clerk

Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee)
San Ramon, CA (US)

I have been working at Raley's full-time for less than a year

ProsFriendly Employees, good management, employee discount

ConsPay is not great for courtesy clerks, no knowledge of advancement opportunities, no set schedules, lots of manual labor for closing clerk

Advice to Senior Managementgive more advancement opportunities

Great First Job

Clerk (Former Employee)
Rohnert Park, CA (US)

I worked at Raley's part-time for more than 3 years

ProsAs a bagger my schedule was very flexible and perfect for college. I had a great relationship with management and with my co-workers. I loved the values of the company and felt that customer service was the most important thing to the company. Management did a good job of rewarding great customer service.

ConsAs a checker I had more hours, but it was way harder to work around my school schedule. I also did not like how many of the lifetime employees were treated as money got tighter. There was a very observable drop in moral among lifetime employees as they saw part time workers get better shifts and more hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat lifetime employees better. Customer service is your competitive advantage and without happy employees there will be unhappy customers.

IT has an unusually diverse mix of technologies, better opportunities for System Admins than for development.

Software Engineer III (Former Employee)
West Sacramento, CA (US)

I worked at Raley's full-time for more than 5 years

ProsSome great individuals working there have been with the company over 30 years.

ConsEnterprise feel. Large, slow, expensive changes relying heavily on vendor relationships. Generally low morale.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage innovation and growth in your support center with the same zeal you do in your stores.

Company not the same

Head Clerk (Current Employee)
Manteca, CA (US)

I have been working at Raley's full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGood Pay if your in the Grocery clerk status

ConsNew contract took alot of things away, Health Ins not nearly as good as it once was, raises are few and far between

One of the best places to work within Placerville

Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee)
Placerville, CA (US)

I have been working at Raley's part-time for less than a year

ProsGreat employees, the best co-workers you will ever work with (even before I started working here and just shopped here, you could tell everyone has a fun time and enjoys their jobs and helping our customers and town). Good hours and very flexible schedule for those of us who are students (either of High school or College). Being a college student, I am not looking for a promotion to greater responsibilities, but for those who are, you can expect them within mere months of working here. Managers are good at recognizing those who are capable of good work and promote them to higher levels quickly. Everyone in the store is always treated with the fullest respect and fairness possible. If I wasn't a college student, this is definitely the place that I would build a career at. Nearly everyone in town stops by the store on a regular basis, so I would mention getting to know the rest of Placerville as a definite pro as well. Extremely family oriented and I am proud of working for a Placerville original company since 1935.

ConsNo cons to speak of

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the excellent work! I love working for this company, and particularly for this store. Perhaps if I had to name one thing, it would be better scheduling more hours during busy times and less hours during less busy times. It seems there are always too few colleagues when we need them the most, however, I fully understand that this may be difficult to accurately forecast.

Worked for Raley's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Raley's reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Raley's CEO Michael Teel . All 92 reviews are posted anonymously by Raley's employees.