Real Time Resolutions

Opportunity for growth
Paid medical benefits
Team activities
Relaxed dress code

ConsParking lot is sometimes full
Office temperature drastically fluctuates
Overall no real cons for high concern

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider awarding extra PTO hours for every few years of employment.

Sr. Analyst

Senior Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Real Time Resolutions full-time for more than a year

ProsFlexible schedule, business casual dress, hard to get fired, good for internships and an in between job. DO NOT WORK HERE FOR MORE THAN A YEAR. ITS A TRAP.

ConsFavoritism, promotions are not merit based, way underpaid, overworked, lower level employees are disposable, no management training, poor employee incentives, sexist environment, concerns are rarely addressed, high turnover rate, mind numbing and repetitive work, seen managers make other employees cry in front of the whole department, they want people with Bachelors when the job only requires a HS diploma or GED.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain your lower level managers. Don't promote based on recommendations, but on proven track record. Have employees review their managers.

Flag Review

Real Time Resolutions SVP - Human Resources responded to this review

Apr 03, 2014

Dear “Sr. Analyst,”

We would like you to know that we are concerned about the cons that you have expressed in your review of RTR. We take these types of comments very seriously and we encourage ... More

Great Place to Work!

Business Development Intern (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Real Time Resolutions as an intern for less than a year

ProsFlexible, Good Pay, Friendly Co-Workers, Great Management

I am currently an Intern at Real Time Resolutions and I love it! I have had such a great experience with all of my co-workers and management. As a paid intern, I have very flexible hours that fit my school and home life. I, honestly, have no negative comments to make about Real Time. It is the best job I have had thus far, and I will be sad to go once I get my degree.

ConsSuch a wonderful company, there are no cons!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the GREAT work!

A Wonderful Company

I have been working at Real Time Resolutions full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThere are a lot of bad reviews on here, so I decided to come on and talk about my positive experience. I feel like a lot of times people just come online to complain, so I'm hoping this page will eventually become more balanced out. This is certainly not a 2 star company!

RTR has allowed me to grow professionally and has taught me a lot over the 3 years I have worked here. I started out as a Recovery Analyst and have been promoted several times since then. I have always taken this job very seriously and professionally, and I think that has really paid off.

I also really enjoy the open seating (no cubicle) environment we have at RTR. All management, including our CEO, sit on the operations floor with the rest of the staff. The accessibility of management, and also being able to listen to my peers on the phones next to me, really helped me grow at RTR.

The building that RTR is located in is also really great. We have a fabulous view of downtown that I love looking at every day. They also pay my health insurance in full which is wonderful!

ConsRTR is growing so fast that we are losing a bit of our small company charm. However, this is somewhat of a pro as well, as our growth is an indicator of the strength of our company. I know RTR will be around for years to come!

Great and non-stressful work environment

Recovery Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Real Time Resolutions part-time for more than a year

ProsManagers are pretty easy going
Relaxed environment
Amount of vacation time

ConsPay
No real opportunity for upward movement within the company

Horrible

I have been working at Real Time Resolutions as a contractor

ProsPay is alright. The tasks were bearable and common sense. I enjoyed hour lunches. That was about all that I enjoyed with this company.

ConsYou work too hard to get disrespected by management. Everything was unprofessional. The training was horrible and there were an extensive amount of rules. You couldn't use normal dialogue. The break rooms were very small. They frequently lost accounts. I hated this place.

Flag Review

Real Time Resolutions SVP - Human Resources responded to this review

Jan 24, 2014

Dear “Anonymous Employee,”

We would like you to know that we are concerned about the cons that you have expressed in your review of RTR. We take these concerns very seriously and we encourage you ... More

Terrible

Intern (Former Employee)

I worked at Real Time Resolutions as an intern for less than a year

Pros$12/ hr is the only thing you can consider an upside

ConsEverything about this company makes you want to question the reason why you continue to step foot in that building

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to make your employees a little happier

Frustrating, mundane, stressful, and causes anxiety

Recovery Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Real Time Resolutions full-time for more than 3 years

ProsIt's basic debt collection on delinquent mortgages- a very stressful job. Your co-workers make the day more bearable because you can laugh and talk with them. The best things about working here is:

1. you learn how to successfully negotiate
2. you will definitely learn how to multi task- typing, listening, and talking at the same time. It's a great skill you never knew you had until you learned how to do it!
3. you learn how to not let things get under my skin. Dealing with crazy, cursing homeowners who threaten you with rape (yes, literally!), murder, racial slurs, etc, you really get a very nonchalant attitude. but that comes with any job dealing with the general public. and this is really a great thing!

ConsRTR lets its employees get away with murder. Unless you do something that can get them sued, or is flat out illegal, it's almost impossible to get fired. they used to require at least a bachelor's degree to get hired, but i believe they're this past year they started allowing associates degrees too since then, there's been a HUGE influx of unprofessional, unsophisticated recent grads.

I'd say 90-95% of the employees are under 30 years old. All the older people (in their 40's and older) are partners in the company, and hold executive positions. it's a younger, more immature crowd of obnoxious kids. also, if you have bad credit, they wont hire you. but then again, that policy could have changed too.

everybody there's isnt bad or a villain. nearly all of the managers are really nice, and of course some go overboard, just like any other job. i don't think upper management really understands how stressful it is, or maybe the don't really care as long as they keep people in the positions to make the company more money, even if the turnover rate is really high.

you're dealing a lot with legal stuff, laws, etc. so of course policy changes all the time. there's a lot of busy work you have to do all the time, and it gets incredibly tedious and mundane. initial training is 3 months long, and it's like a classroom setting with quizzes and tests. some people dont make it past this stage because they dont understand the importance of learning the laws in this field.

most of the time you leave voicemails for people who don't want to pay anyway, but the general phone conversation isn't scripted at all. there's quality control questions you're required to get on the call, but you won't get in trouble if you don't get them all as long as you try.

the job is incredibly stressful because most of the people you talk to are uncooperative and purposely aim to taunt and get under your skin. That's the worst part of the job. i can actually feel anxiety when i call someone and they actually answer the phone.

they really emphasize not doing anything illegal, and some of the team leads try to coerce you into to deceiving people into paying. yeah, they do owe the money, buy sometimes they try to get you to stretch the truth to make them think something you didnt say. they want you to twist the person's arm into paying, and it gets old really quick.

if you're not rubbing elbows with the right managers, or in the right clique, don't expect to get promoted up or transferred to a better department. some people are genuinely good at debt collecting, so they get promoted. but most of the time it's because they've got the advantage of being in the "in" crowd. I've seen people work there over 3 years as top performers and not even get promoted to a senior analyst. there was one guy i remember who got promoted to a team lead not even 6 months after he got out of training. most of the people currently employed there dislike it, and the company knows it. people literally quit by the handfuls.

the insurance is terrible. you'd think a company with allegedly no debt would be able to do better. Don't plan on having kids here, b/c you wont be able to pay your bills after paying $400+ monthly for yourself and a kid, and the copay is still really high.

the pay isnt that great either. it starts out at $30k for an recovery analyst, and you get a 1.5% raise every december. don't expect to live too high on the hog for $14.42/hr. If you have a family to feed on top of student loans, you'll be needing govt assistance soon. You usually get a Christmas bonus too, so that helps. based on your performance every month, you get a commission. You can tell the company is really trying to save money here because they made it harder to get commission. for example, someone who used to get $300/mo on their commission check may get $0 now with the same factors because they changed commission payment calculator. It sucks because it's essentially a paycut.

on the plus side, they do let you get as much overtime as you want. that's pretty awesome if you can stand being there past your scheduled 40 hours, being annoyed and aggravated by borrowers who like to argue all the time. work/life balance is just fine, sl there's no reason for anybody to take their work home with them.

i would NOT recommend real time resolutions to anyone looking for a career. but i would recommend if you just need a job and income. like i said earlier, you'll likely be looking for something within a year or two. the only reason why i lasted so long is b/c i couldn't find another job. Besides, it's embarrassing telling people you're a debt collector for a living when you worked hard and got a college degree is something else.

Advice to Senior Managementthere's almost nothing management can do. it's just the nature of the industry that causes the job to be stressful, mundane, and horrible

recovery analyst intern

I have been working at Real Time Resolutions

Prosreally good work environment and supervision

Consrepeated work for my position

typical desk job. cubicle and computer screens

Finance (Current Employee)

I have been working at Real Time Resolutions part-time for less than a year

Proshourly wage is good, friendly employees

Conseverything else about rtr is bad

Worked for Real Time Resolutions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Real Time Resolutions reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Real Time Resolutions CEO Eric Green. All 20 reviews are posted anonymously by Real Time Resolutions employees.