RealPage

RealPage Reviews

Updated Apr 16, 2014

RealPage CEO Stephen T. Winn

Stephen T. Winn

Pros:
  • "Great people, good location, people are treated right"
    in 12 reviews
  • "It is by far a great place to work to extend ones career"
    in 6 reviews
Cons:
  • "Work life balance is non existent"
    in 7 reviews
  • "Upper management does not readily share information"
    in 9 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Excellent

Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee)
Hyderābād (India)

I have been working at RealPage full-time for more than a year

ProsFlexible Hours, Month End Celebrations, Candidate Engagement and very good leadership

ConsI didn't find anything to say.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing

Jobs

Product Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at RealPage full-time

ProsGood people that work here

ConsSr mgmt need an adjustment

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are behind your competition and they are gaining. Make necessary sr adjustments

Good company with growth potential

I worked at RealPage full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThere are many divisions with in the company with many opportunities to move up and acquire new skills.

ConsIf you don't start in the department you want to be in there will be challenges to moving within the company once you have settled in to a specific division. You must make friends with the managers and decision makers or you will be out of luck.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet people move to other departments and work remote. Do not allow managers to road block someone to fulfill their own agendas.

Lots of change

Project Manager (Former Employee)
Carrollton, TX (US)

I worked at RealPage full-time for less than a year

ProsDecent pay, great coworkers, and work/life balance is good. Although they should be more open to employees working from home. Very successful brand.

ConsLots of change/Reorgs, stagnant software design, different products are too silo-ed/not enough communication within sales, implementation and developers.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more energetic and open to suggestions. Hire a designer to modernize your OneSite platform. Better reporting for clients.

Terrible compensation plan for sales people

Sales Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at RealPage full-time for more than 3 years

ProsNice people for the most part

ConsCrowded work environment, bad comp plan, too much favoritism

Great organization for performers

Developer III (Current Employee)
Hyderābād (India)

I have been working at RealPage full-time for more than 3 years

ProsAmazing organization for those who love product organisation culure and believe in performance

ConsNot one I observed during my more than 3 years

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing the great work

BE AWARE - look at the stock price!!!

I worked at RealPage full-time for more than 3 years

ProsNot sure what to say here...

ConsThere is zero work-life balance, training, time-off is frowned on. Executive and Senior Leadership needs a serious adjustment if this company is going to go anywhere. Be aware of your surroundings because nothing is streamlined with checks and balances. Anything and everything is open to one person's perception. Pay is terrible and is not competitive - this is not a career destination, only a stepping stone to your actual career.

Advice to Senior ManagementCHANGE FOR GOOD!!

Wake up!

Various (Former Employee)

I worked at RealPage full-time for more than 5 years

ProsWhen I joined RealPage, there were opportunities for growth, there was an aggressiveness to competing in the market place, and there was the ability to innovate and make a difference. There are still groups within RealPage that are that way, but they seem to be a dying breed.

ConsRealPage has moved most of its development to India or the Philippines. They don't really innovate much anymore - they are mostly in maintenance mode. I've heard they are now an Agile shop and certainly engineering in the US has been significantly reorganized, but those I've talked to who still work there say it is window dressing, and nothing has really changed. Often, the people who are really good do not get promoted - they get sidelined. I guess it depends on the division/product.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompete! You may be big and public, but you are capable of falling. Hire some User Experience experts and aggressively synthesize your UI's - you have so many products but no continuity. Hire some BI experts and actually deliver a product already. Hire front-end experts and finally support all modern browsers. IE8 is not a modern browser. You were once a great company - start acting like one again or risk losing your largest clients. You're a lot worse off than you think...

Fast growing, long hours, bad management & NO proper training.

I worked at RealPage for more than 3 years

ProsCo-workers, casual environment, okay pay & benefits.

ConsNo work balance, management talks behind your back to other managers & your peers. EXTREMELY Long hours, high turnover rate in most departments. HR does not know the meaning of Privacy.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen more & take the advice of your employees. You are not the only ones that want the company to succeed

Job depends on your manager and group

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsLaid back atmosphere.
Nice workspace.
Decent work/life balance but it all depends on your manager and group. There are some really terrible managers that play favorites, politic constantly, talk behind everyone's backs and only worry about making themselves look good. They rule by fear.
There are some managers that really care about the employees and growing them professionally. They lead by example and want you to have a life outside of work. The groups/departments are drastically different.
If you are lucky enough to land in a good group with a quality manager that wants you to succeed, hang on! They do exist.

ConsDecent pay if you're coming off the street. Transferring within the company, ridiculous. Promotions don't mean you can make what your peers are making for the same job or the offer you'd have if you were an outside candidate. It means an increase that has to be approved by 10 people and probably won't get you anywhere near where it should.
The company has a lot of growth and you can almost do nothing and keep your job. That being said, new positions are only added in India and the Philippines but the tasks assigned to them is embarrassing. Most of my peers in India have 10 more years of education or experience or both but they are given the tasks that a high school student could accomplish. They should be utilized more or they'll be bored and leave.
Management is so top heavy!! And they reorganize the groups every 30 days or so! I know people who don't even know who they report to.

Advice to Senior ManagementThose surveys we take every year, read them.

Worked for RealPage? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at RealPage reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for RealPage CEO Stephen T. Winn. All 154 reviews are posted anonymously by RealPage employees.