RealPage Reviews

248 reviews filtered by
2.6
RealPage CEO Stephen T. Winn
Stephen T. Winn

Pros
  • Office culture in San Francisco is a bit laid back for some teams, good work/life balance (in 9 reviews)

• Cool Office location, great people to be around (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Staff is always stressed and depressed, no such thing as a work life balance (in 10 reviews)

• Upper management does not readily share information (in 11 reviews)

1. Great People! Poor Promotion Method.

Former Employee - Marketing Associate in Carrollton, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Marketing Associate in Carrollton, TX (US)

I worked at RealPage full-time

Pros

The people I worked with were extremely nice. They became like family. I have made life long friends by working there. If you had a work/life conflict with your schedule, you could easily post it to try to swap with other employees. Every time I personally did that, I got what I asked for in return.

Cons

You have to be there 9 months before you can get promoted to another position. I think it should be 3 to 6 months personally. Nine months is along time to wait when the job becomes more monotonous each day you are there. Even if you show great strengths and aptitude, it is detrimental to a persons psyche knowing they have to wait that long. What they don't tell you is if you get so many occurrences for personal/sick days you won't even be considered for the position even though the circumstances were out of your control. Starting this position, I knew there was a lot of turnover.

When you first start out, nine times out of ten you will get the late shifts. Once you get some seniority, you get better shifts.

Sometimes, breaks and lunches would be late because you have to finish a call or get one right when you are about to clock out for lunch. You are pretty much sedentary your whole shift minus lunch and breaks. If you are an active person this position might not be for you. The main reason I took this position was because of they pay.

More than anything I would have to say promotions. Reward someone who is doing well and wants to stay with the company before 9 months in. There will always be people looking for employment. Granted, I know there are cost on both ends of trying to find new people, but the happiness of the employees makes the success of the company.

2. Sink or Swim...but in a good way.

Current Employee - Operations in Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Operations in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at RealPage full-time

Pros

-Good People
    -Good Pay
    -New Workspaces
    -Development/training (if you ask for it)
    -Constantly Evolving
    -Positive Improvements
    -Some Newer Technology
    -Entrepreneurial Spirit
    -Fast Paced

Overall I have really enjoyed working here the past 2.5 years, I know that each team and department are different but I love the people and I feel like my managers have really invested in me and want me to be successful. I enjoy that there are annual reviews and merit increases if you deserve them. There is an attitude of sink or swim here. If you want to come in and do the same thing every day and not be expected to grow or be challenged then yeah you will not make it. The company is growing, and quickly, that presents unique challenges but also a great opportunity as well. Frankly I am glad there are some initiatives to consolidate the remote offices to TX, there was disconnect between the teams and the cultural differences (i.e. coming in at 10:30 am vs. 8:30 am) made it difficult to collaborate. I also heard they offered severance packages and are relocating some people which is more than fair in such a competitive market for tech talent. There is definitely room for improvement, but I feel that management is moving in the right direction.

Cons

-Benefits
    -401k match
    -Parking
    -Some Managers who won't leave or be fired

There are some managers here who have been shifted around it seems when they aren't performing, it'd be better if they would just trim the fat and hire someone better. Parking is difficult and it would be great if everyone was in one building. Biggest complaint is that "merit increases" don't feel like that big of an increase.

Get rid of non-performing managers who you feel "loyal" to and stop diminishing the benefits.

3. Dissatisfied

Current Employee - Recruitment Specialist in Manila, Manila (Philippines)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Specialist in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

I have been working at RealPage full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people is the best thing in this company.

Cons

Culture is what keeps this company from being the best.

5. Poor leadership that trickles down

I have been working at RealPage

Pros

There are actually some really nice people at RealPage, and some are passionate and hard workers.

If you work out of the Texas offices things are probably more stable for you.

You might get lucky when it comes to compensation. Some new hires were compensated at market value.

Cons

We are known as "RealChange" internally. Unfortunately, this is in no way positive. Inability to commit to anything for over 6 months and poor leadership creates a revolving door in middle and upper management, which sabotages long term projects and goals.

Horrible annual increases and deceptive salary incentives. I flat out did not receive a penny for the incentive program I agreed to.

The fact that I had to really struggle to think of Pros is telling.

Disclosure: I work out of one of the three remote offices that is closing.

Poor leadership and office politics is sinking this ship.

Overall is good. Not very competitive benefit.

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at RealPage full-time

Pros

Team is super good,
    access to caltrain and bart is very good, only a few blocks away,
    free and flexible working time.

Cons

Pay is not competitive for entry level employees,
    benefit package is not good.

7. non-blondes need not apply

I worked at RealPage full-time (more than a year)

Pros

A lot of smart and talented people. Stable, well-established company. Nice for those needing a chair to sit in and a steady paycheck.

Cons

Power balance shifts frequently and irrationally due to strong cliques. Watch out if you're one of the outsiders
    Farrah Fawcett types seem to excel in this environment.

Better sense of checks and balances, less concentration of power in the hands of the clique.

8. RealPage... A Real Disappointment.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX (US)

I have been working at RealPage

Pros

Competitive wages and benefits. Convenience to local restaurants. Discounts on local gyms. Fun coworkers.

Cons

Terrible management. I work in the marketing department and the Carrollton office. There are NO procedures, no one does what they're supposed to. The other departments/clients don't provide information/feedback on time and yet still expect us to meet their deadlines... No one communicates properly! The marketing department heads do what they want and dismiss others. They sit in discovery meetings, listening to what is needed and then go off and do something completely different. If addition, everything is an emergency. Leading to a lot of unneeded overtime. The VP treats everyone (besides his direct reports) Luke they are beneath him.

Lastly, they offer stock both as reward/ compensation and also for sale. It is worthless. Most of it is given at an over inflated value and is under water.

Finally, RealPage claims that they offer growth opportunities. In the years I've been there I've only seen a couple people realize that in my department. The reality, as i see it is, they put you where they want you and leave you there.

Not all of the management at RealPage is bad, but there needs to be someone that takes a very serious look at all of the management at RealPage, review them individually, interview their staff and take serious measures to make big changes in that company. Otherwise stock prices are going to continue to fall.

Work hard and be rewarded

Current Employee - Creative in Carrollton, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Creative in Carrollton, TX (US)

I have been working at RealPage full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Job stability
    Great upper management
    Company resources
    Travel opportunities
    Casual work environment
    Headquarters is in Texas, the best place to live in the US by far

Cons

No culture
    Getting a new computer is easier than getting your own trash can
    No holiday parties
    Coffee in break-rooms is unimpressive, and no good creamer to speak of
    One breakroom in one of the many buildings is great but everywhere else the breakrooms are depressing
    No culture

I'm very lucky to be working under incredible leadership that was brought in over a year ago and has really made my department flourish. Not everyone is as lucky and from what I can tell there is a general consensus that talented people don't want to stay here long. If real progress is to be made please have leaders in place that let talented people excel and do their job with creative solutions. Also some company culture would both attract talent and make long timers happier and more productive, the current stigma Ive seen around the office is...." I would rather work somewhere cooler "........In a nutshell, I love working here but would love it more if we had more fun.

It's not looking good.

I have been working at RealPage full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Job security, some good managers exist, work is not demanding.

Cons

Executive management has gone to hell, no one on the Board knows how to run a 21st century tech outfit. Incompetence throughout corporate leadership. Compensation goes nowhere. Few exceptional employees exist, lots of mediocrity. Employee feedback to upper-management is nonexistent.

Complete house cleaning needed at executive level, which won't happen until the CEO is (forced) out. Best case scenario is company treads water until then.

Not exactly One Realpage

Current Employee - Technology in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Technology in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at RealPage full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

People are fantastic. I work out of the SF office and the culture is like family. We all want to chip in a help each other out.

Cons

Unfortunately, the main office located in Texas doesn't exactly follow the culture set here in the Bay Area. A lot of finger point when something goes wrong instead of the solution that is needed.

Direct management is good, but beyond the layers of higher management is very disconnected from the actually people who do the work.