RealPage

Updated 18 November 2014
2.8

RealPage CEO Stephen T. Winn
Stephen T. Winn

Pros
  • Office culture in San Francisco is a bit laid back for some teams, good work/life balance (in 8 reviews)

• Cool Office location, great people to be around (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Staff is always stressed and depressed, no such thing as a work life balance (in 10 reviews)

• Upper management does not readily share information (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

New Divisions within RealPage present Greatest Opportunity for Growth.

Current Employee - Director in Carrollton, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Director in Carrollton, TX (US)

I have been working at RealPage full-time (less than an year)

Pros

RealPage has significantly diversified its product offering through acquisition within the last year. These acquisitions have uniquely positioned the company in new industries with tremendous growth potential. From a sales perspective, success starts with an innovative training program which is designed to prepare and train all levels of sales acumen on proficiency and market readiness. Our new strategy centered on sales specialization has been implemented for certain divisions which allow our sales professionals to quickly contribute and achieve success in specific areas of the sales cycle.

I have found the above coupled with a new office environment and culture to be big contributors in my overall satisfaction.

Cons

As with most new concepts or ideas, these faces of change are almost always met with resistance. Sometimes overcoming this friction can feel daunting without end. Providing an org chart is a must so new leadership isn't left to navigate a large corporate structure on their own wasting valuable time and resources. After almost a year I have found if you firmly believe in what you're trying to accomplish and use data to drive your decisions, you'll find the juice is worth the squeeze in the long run.

Continue to focus on creating transparency and providing insight into the overall strategy for all levels of the team.

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Marketing in Carrollton, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Marketing in Carrollton, TX (US)

I have been working at RealPage full-time (less than an year)

Pros

One of the best reasons to work here is the learning opportunities that we have as employees. The on-boarding training process is incredibly thorough and the School of Real Estate is made available to all employees and it helped me to better understand the industry. In my role, I'm constantly challenged to excel and there are many growth opportunities for me here.

Cons

Some of the more challenging aspects of the company is our changing culture. We're in the process of shifting to a more people-centric culture, versus an old school corporate one. This will obviously take some time, but RealPage is headed in the right direction.

I would recommend this company to a friend

Current Employee - Sales Representative I in Carrollton, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Representative I in Carrollton, TX (US)

I have been working at RealPage full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

good benefits. good work life balance.

Cons

Sales department is under new leadership. Going through lots of growing pains.

I was a typical intern for the summer.

Former Employee - Intern in Carrollton, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Intern in Carrollton, TX (US)

I worked at RealPage as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

It was easy to start at the company. Everyone was very friendly. Upper management acted more as peers who managed tasks rather than your boss. Decent compensation.

Cons

Not much work for an intern - each project required spending a lot of time just to catch up. Since I was there for just a summer, it did not make sense for them to have me spend 2 months catching up on a project and only be able to work for a month.

Schizophrenic upper management

Former Employee - Executive in Carrollton, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Executive in Carrollton, TX (US)

I worked at RealPage full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The pay is good and there are a few really good people on the management team. The offices are well appointed and there are plenty of resources available.

Cons

Leadership at the top Schizophrenic, clubby, and very cut-throat. The products are so outdated that they require 100's of hours of work and testing just to add minor features. Nobody has a big picture vision on how to digest all of the companies they purchased over last 5 years.

Remove yourself from equation and bring in some professional managers who know how to run a software company.

Product manager

Former Employee - Product Manager in Plano, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Product Manager in Plano, TX (US)

I worked at RealPage full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great people to work with.

Cons

Everything else. This company has become a joke in the industry

Quit

Overall great place to work, and plenty of room to grow

I have been working at RealPage full-time

Pros

Good work life balance. Felixible.

Cons

Dont have any cons at the moment

Onsite Daycare

Learning Experience

I have been working at RealPage full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

steady paycheck, fun team, diverse

Cons

mismanaged, lots of politics, underpaid, no upward mobility, too many managers

Time to pass the torch.

Excellent pay... Strict performance rules

Former Employee - Senior Leasing Agent in Carrollton, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Leasing Agent in Carrollton, TX (US)

I worked at RealPage full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The goid things about working for Realpage is that the pay is good and they have several training classes that you take quarterly which increase your pay.

Cons

The performance expectations are a bit to high. There is a point system, in which, if you have kids or anything health wise that may cause you to leave or be absent, it will still count against with a doc note or not.

Disorganized, Mismanaged & Uncomfortable Work Environment

Former Employee - Sales, Support, Analytical in Carrollton, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Sales, Support, Analytical in Carrollton, TX (US)

I worked at RealPage full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You can move up and into other departments but with extreme difficulty.

Cons

The company is disorganized from the top down. Getting anything done is nearly impossible and when it is done management even has not much say in what is done. Turnover is extremely high and employee satisfaction is very low. There is a "good ole boy" feel to the company. There is an overall style of fear, intimidation and making employees feel as if they could lose their jobs at any time. Sales quotas are too high. Territories are not fairly spread. Favoratism is clear. When managers give action plans employees are told it is a track for improvement and termination is not discussed. Movement is difficult unless you know someone in another department. Pay rates are low, below market standards throughout the entire company. An atmosphere of freedom is told but micromanagement is the reality. Change is constant to the level that you never know what your job will be the next day. Employment roles are changed without asking or even notifying the employee. Customers are not the first priority. Support and implementation departments have extremely high turnover which makes support for clients even more difficult. New companies are purchased regularly but migration or integration of new products is poor due to lack of internal organization. Overall it is a very unpleasant place to work.

You are a technology company that mismanages your own information and does not use modern methods to run your own business. All managers should be evaluated because they are not doing their jobs. Finally, evaluate payment standards because they are below par for the market.