RealPage Reviews

251 reviews filtered by
2.8
RealPage CEO Stephen T. Winn
Stephen T. Winn

Pros
  • Office culture in San Francisco is a bit laid back for some teams, good work/life balance (in 9 reviews)

• Cool Office location, great people to be around (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Staff is always stressed and depressed, no such thing as a work life balance (in 10 reviews)

• Upper management does not readily share information (in 11 reviews)

Not sure where they are headed

Former Employee - Director in Carrollton, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Director in Carrollton, TX (US)

I worked at RealPage full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great team of employees in middle management and in several departments. The Account Management, Product Support, Development and Level One are good examples of people working hard for the client.

Cons

Upper management is a revolving door. I was a Director and the management team between myself and Steve Winn changed over 100% twice in the last two years. This lead to no consistency and no clear vision except to save money.

Advice to Management

Nothing new to add that hasn't already been said, listen to the team that is working for you. Keep the good people motivated by letting them make a difference.

2. I completed 4 years now...

I have been working at RealPage full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good/ Great Place to work... i work with a very professional boss and that is how he drive the organization..

I strongly recommend....

Cons

dint find any...and don't see to mention in specific...

3. Accounts Receivable Specialist

I have been working at RealPage full-time

Pros

Good pay and benefits for position. Many opportunities for growth. Flexible hours.

Cons

Internal communication between departments needs improvement to better handle client issues.

Advice to Management

Strengthen internal communication between departments. Provide training for other departments so that they are aware of job responsibilities

5. Good culture and flexi work hours

Current Employee - Business Analyst III in Hyderābād (India)
    Current Employee - Business Analyst III in Hyderābād (India)

I have been working at RealPage full-time (less than a year)

Pros

* Flexi work hours - gives perfect work-life balance
    * Good knowledge pool of their products and very supportive superiors
    * You get time to learn new technology & upgrade your skillset
    * Celebrations round the year, you never feel bored

Cons

* Hyderabad office still got lot of scope in getting more challenging projects from US Office

6. Best place to work with !!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

I have been working at RealPage

Pros

- Amazing support for work-life balance
    - Fun@Work reminds every employee of their college days
    - Great culture to work in
    - Importance is given for the work done, but not for time spent in the office

Cons

Its difficult to find faults with such a great workplace

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work in building amazing culture at RealPage :)

7. Quality Analyst III

Former Employee - Quality Analyst III in Hyderābād (India)
    Former Employee - Quality Analyst III in Hyderābād (India)

I worked at RealPage full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Opportunities - The company offers tons of opportunity both in terms of individual growth and overall market potential. Company also implements the innovative ideas which are taken from employees.

Cons

Very few onsite opportunities and also there is no cab facility

Advice to Management

proper goal oriented approach visible to each employee

8. A great place to work, but they have a huge identity crisis.

Former Employee - Enterprise Data Architect in Carrollton, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Enterprise Data Architect in Carrollton, TX (US)

I worked at RealPage

Pros

Quarterly bonuses, good benefits, stock options, stable environment, great location

Cons

For a software company they don't operate like one . They are a saas and paas company but they operate like property managent company.

Advice to Management

Change the culture to be more like a startup more relaxed technology driven like Google or Amazon.

Sink or Swim...but in a good way.

Current Employee - Operations in Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Operations in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at RealPage full-time

Pros

-Good People
    -Good Pay
    -New Workspaces
    -Development/training (if you ask for it)
    -Constantly Evolving
    -Positive Improvements
    -Some Newer Technology
    -Entrepreneurial Spirit
    -Fast Paced

Overall I have really enjoyed working here the past 2.5 years, I know that each team and department are different but I love the people and I feel like my managers have really invested in me and want me to be successful. I enjoy that there are annual reviews and merit increases if you deserve them. There is an attitude of sink or swim here. If you want to come in and do the same thing every day and not be expected to grow or be challenged then yeah you will not make it. The company is growing, and quickly, that presents unique challenges but also a great opportunity as well. Frankly I am glad there are some initiatives to consolidate the remote offices to TX, there was disconnect between the teams and the cultural differences (i.e. coming in at 10:30 am vs. 8:30 am) made it difficult to collaborate. I also heard they offered severance packages and are relocating some people which is more than fair in such a competitive market for tech talent. There is definitely room for improvement, but I feel that management is moving in the right direction.

Cons

-Benefits
    -401k match
    -Parking
    -Some Managers who won't leave or be fired

There are some managers here who have been shifted around it seems when they aren't performing, it'd be better if they would just trim the fat and hire someone better. Parking is difficult and it would be great if everyone was in one building. Biggest complaint is that "merit increases" don't feel like that big of an increase.

Advice to Management

Get rid of non-performing managers who you feel "loyal" to and stop diminishing the benefits.

10. Great People! Poor Promotion Method.

Former Employee - Marketing Associate in Carrollton, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Marketing Associate in Carrollton, TX (US)

I worked at RealPage full-time

Pros

The people I worked with were extremely nice. They became like family. I have made life long friends by working there. If you had a work/life conflict with your schedule, you could easily post it to try to swap with other employees. Every time I personally did that, I got what I asked for in return.

Cons

You have to be there 9 months before you can get promoted to another position. I think it should be 3 to 6 months personally. Nine months is along time to wait when the job becomes more monotonous each day you are there. Even if you show great strengths and aptitude, it is detrimental to a persons psyche knowing they have to wait that long. What they don't tell you is if you get so many occurrences for personal/sick days you won't even be considered for the position even though the circumstances were out of your control. Starting this position, I knew there was a lot of turnover.

When you first start out, nine times out of ten you will get the late shifts. Once you get some seniority, you get better shifts.

Sometimes, breaks and lunches would be late because you have to finish a call or get one right when you are about to clock out for lunch. You are pretty much sedentary your whole shift minus lunch and breaks. If you are an active person this position might not be for you. The main reason I took this position was because of they pay.

Advice to Management

More than anything I would have to say promotions. Reward someone who is doing well and wants to stay with the company before 9 months in. There will always be people looking for employment. Granted, I know there are cost on both ends of trying to find new people, but the happiness of the employees makes the success of the company.

Poor leadership that trickles down

I have been working at RealPage

Pros

There are actually some really nice people at RealPage, and some are passionate and hard workers.

If you work out of the Texas offices things are probably more stable for you.

You might get lucky when it comes to compensation. Some new hires were compensated at market value.

Cons

We are known as "RealChange" internally. Unfortunately, this is in no way positive. Inability to commit to anything for over 6 months and poor leadership creates a revolving door in middle and upper management, which sabotages long term projects and goals.

Horrible annual increases and deceptive salary incentives. I flat out did not receive a penny for the incentive program I agreed to.

The fact that I had to really struggle to think of Pros is telling.

Disclosure: I work out of one of the three remote offices that is closing.

Advice to Management

Poor leadership and office politics is sinking this ship.