Regions Financial

www.regions.com

Regions Financial Reviews

Updated Jul 19, 2014
Regions Financial – Birmingham – “Branch”

Regions Financial President, CEO, and Director O. B. Grayson Hall Jr.

O. B. Grayson Hall Jr.

Pros
  • Good work/life balance - manager gave me free paid (non-vacation) day off to allow me to move(in 16 reviews)

• Easy to advance in company, semi-national company (not a small town bank), good benefits(in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Hard to believe things upper management says until actually see it happen(in 21 reviews)

• They push sales so hard that you're no longer focused on customer service(in 11 reviews)

Overall good company

Prosgood benefits, good coworkers, great training. Good company overall at national level.

ConsAdvancement may be slow. Hard to believe things upper management says until actually see it happen... Have been told one thing and another thing happens. All depends on local upper management.

Great Company, Strong Leadership

Compliance Officer (Former Employee) Birmingham, AL (US)

ProsGood Benefits, Great Atmosphere, Above average Compensation. Good Structure and you know what to expect.

ConsPromotions can be political. Employees in the production side could be more respected.

Advice to Senior ManagementHR processes could be much more efficient. Treat inside employment candidates as equal as outside candidates.

Worst Company to work for.

Teller (Former Employee) Natchez, MS (US)

ProsGives you customer service experience.

ConsAs a teller, you will make $50 a day. When you begin, you will have to wait a month to get paid. You will have to go out of town to the headquarters three different times.

This job is very micromanaged. The head teller is a Nazi. She is always looking over your shoulder, ready for you to mess up, so she can write you up. From the date you get written up, you have to wait a whole year before applying for a better position. It is very easy to get written up.
    You will have about a 150 plus transactions a day. There will be many times that you will be shorthanded because of vacation, sickness, etc. The day after Christmas, there were only two tellers working!

And they got upset, when I was over a dollar! They chastised me over a dollar. They expect you and the head teller to look for it, when you are trying to get out the door.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent Company

Bank Teller (Current Employee) Nashville, TN (US)

ProsGreat Pay, benefits, and hours Management Listens and understands employees concerns

ConsCustomer service and having to deal with peoples money can be frustrating

Wonderful company to work for.

ProsProfessional atmosphere with great chance for advancement. Bonus structure. Great working conditions and facilities.

ConsIndustry is changing through no fault of Regions Bank and most of the customers coming into the bank are those of lower incomes, with problems or with overdrawn accounts which they don't feel are their fault.

Great place, good people, company that cares about employees & gives back to community

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Birmingham, AL (US)

ProsGood benefits. Work with a great group of people. Company really cares about employees & gives back to community. Employees have opportunities to give back also. Lots of perks. Totally different software development environment than other companies. Pace is slower and less stress.

ConsSeparation of areas and some people not willing to work with other groups. Frustrations with people in other groups not doing their jobs which affects you. In past some mgrs hired friends who were not qualified and still employed. Some processes made more complicated with multiple applications and lack of integration.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote within. Use talent w/in company or hire more and stop using so many contractors.

Not Bad

Financial Services Specialist II (Current Employee) Orlando, FL (US)

ProsCompany does care about their employees. Work/life balance.

ConsMicromanagement, unrealistic expecations for sales quotas

Worst Experience (For me, at least)

Teller (Former Employee) Montgomery, AL (US)

ProsGood Benefits, closed on all nationally recognized holidays, the pay (if you don't have a family and no real bills to pay, such as credit card debts, student loans,etc. If you live in an apartment, by yourself, with only the cable, power and water bills to pay, then the pay is pretty decent. Other wise, it would be a con). That's pretty much it.

ConsManagement, coworkers, RUDE customers, the pressure and stress of getting a customer to get a credit card or loan, etc. Management and coworkers alike treated me like crap for some reason ( I was told it was because they were jealous, but I don't know why they would be jealous of me). Basically, you have to be friends with the management (at the particular branch I worked at) in order for them to treat you with respect. I came to work TO work, not to make friends. The training process was too short. 1 week of reading a whole bunch of crap, and the other week was training at your branch before they just throw you to the wolves.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat all employees with respect, not just the ones you're "friends" with. Make the training process at a branch at least 1 month to ensure that a new hire will have everything down pact. Oh, and stop stealing money (oh yes, most of the management and 1 employee got fired for stealing money at the branch I worked at. One of them even stole a check from my work area and tried to say I had it or lost it)

Great

ProsIt was a very exciting first career job

ConsSome of the systems they used are dated.

Ups and Downs

ProsThe benefits are outstanding. Regions offers 12 sick days per calendar year and vacation starts at two weeks, moving up to four weeks, based off of length of employment.

ConsThe company is very reliant on the "good ole boy" system. Internal applicants are given false hopes of internal advancement, yet overlooked when the time does actually come. Much like in college fraternities, it's all about who your family and friends are, that decide how high your ceiling is. Internal candidates are encouraged to give ideas and ask questions, yet when they do, they are looked down upon and in some cases reprimanded.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook into what management is doing in certain departments. The good ole boy system is going to eventually cause certain areas to face difficult times. If an upper management position has cycled through countless people in just a few short years, then the problem is the person hiring. Not the person getting continuously ran out.

Worked for Regions Financial? Contribute to the Community!