Regions Financial

www.regions.com

Regions Financial Reviews

Updated Jul 19, 2014
Regions Financial – Birmingham – “Branch”

Regions Financial President, CEO, and Director O. B. Grayson Hall Jr.

O. B. Grayson Hall Jr.

Pros
  • Good work/life balance - manager gave me free paid (non-vacation) day off to allow me to move(in 16 reviews)

• Easy to advance in company, semi-national company (not a small town bank), good benefits(in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Hard to believe things upper management says until actually see it happen(in 21 reviews)

• They push sales so hard that you're no longer focused on customer service(in 11 reviews)

Overall, I learned alot working at Regions and enjoyed what I did!

Branch Manager (Former Employee) Lafayette, LA (US)

ProsThere is tons of opportunity for advancement with locations throughout the country if you should need to relocate.

ConsThe upper management could care less about what is happening on a local basis. They are very slow to respond to anything.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to train employees, no matter the position, in a better way. The current training program for new tellers is basically done on the computer in 3 days time.

It was great up until the last manager took over.

Special Assets Officer (Former Employee)

ProsGreat benefits! Work well with family situations and seem to really be concerned when things aren't right at home.

ConsToo much of management tell you what to do instead of knowing what to do. I was under approximately 5 managers within a year. Instead of getting to know who worked for them they always came in with a "hammer/nail" type mentality. When things went wrong, instead of accepting blame they were quick to pass the blame around and if the blame ever fell on them they would find a way to make the blame yours regardless so there is no use in reporting anything.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease pay attention to the morale in the department. I was there a year and physically witnessed over 20 employees leave from one department. I was there for almost ten years and I left. I also witnessed 3 people suffer from a nervous breakdown. Not a good environment at all!!! At least not anymore.

It was an ok experience nothing really to exciting.

Teller (Current Employee) DFW, TX (US)

ProsWhen you leave for the day you are done.

ConsVery Boring and for the DFW certain branches can have almost no traffic which makes it very difficult to get referrals.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Shifting Landscape - Small Bank to Large Bank

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSolid training program. Decent benefits. Some banking perks but nothing that is out of the ordinary. Depending on the leadership, can create a community banking feel in large markets.

ConsConstantly shifting focuses take away from the training provided. Programs and goals set from headquarters with not much consideration for different markets it operates in.

Advice to Senior ManagementMarket specific goals and programs would help to compete in each market.

Questionable leadership and decision-making.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Orlando, FL (US)

ProsDecent pay, training and benefits, but production goals are unrealistic.

ConsThe computer system is slow and antiquated and takes valuable time away from trying to hit the unrealistic sales goals. Turnover of staff, from tellers to business bankers, is very high compared to other banks and an observant person can see that management is the reason why the staff is nervous and unhappy. Mistakes, no matter how inconsequential, are not forgiven and will be held against you. Hard work and good performance does little to reverse the damage. Do not voice concerns to management, even when they ask you for your honest feedback, because it will come back to bite you. Gossip is prevalent, management does little to discourage it, and is sometimes the source of it. As a whole, the company is good and these comments are reflective of the dysfunctional Orlando management.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe aware the company policy such as, "do the right thing" applies to them as well.

Great

ProsIt was a very exciting first career job

ConsSome of the systems they used are dated.

I thought I had a career opportunity with a wonderful company.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI enjoyed working day shift.

ConsHigh turnover rate! I was terminated for using an earned "evergreen day".

Advice to Senior ManagementHave consideration for people who are there to earn a living, I have lost my home, my car, my income because of using my evergreen day...I'm sorry I thought it was earned...

Great company to work for!

Senior Systems Analyst (Current Employee) Birmingham, AL (US)

ProsThe company putos people first. The work environment is great. Great management. I love it here. It is a great company to build a career. Though I don't have every luxury, I have everything that I need in order to be successful and have a fulfilling career here.It's the best bank that I have worked for.

ConsI am happy with my compensation, though I have heard others say that it is average.

Regions is a very nice place to work!

Information Technology (Current Employee) Hoover, AL (US)

ProsGreat personal and professional growth opportunities. Competitive compensation. Very much committed to promoting from within and developing leaders internally. Friendly yet professional work atmosphere.

ConsBenefits are just average. Can't really think of any other cons.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to be more willing to listen to associates and not be so narrow minded. Think out of the box and be a little more open to change even if it means a bit more risk.

Overall great experience. Will definitely stay awhile.

Vice President, Marketing (Current Employee) Birmingham, AL (US)

ProsNot the best compensation in the world, but the benefits are good. Small annual salary increase based on your performance and the company performance. (Basically cost of living/inflation adjustment.) I started out with 3 weeks of vacation being an exempt employee. You earn a 4th week of vacation after 5 calendar years with the company. 401k 4% match. Work/life balance is great. They understand last minute things come up and you have to take care of it. Lots of opportunity for advancement in or outside your department.

ConsNo tuition reimbursement for Master's Degrees or MBA, only undergraduate.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the customer, especially younger ones. The majority of our current customers are getting older and their needs are not the same as younger customers. Invest in technology and don't charge for it. Change policies to benefit the customer rather than the company. (i.e. Reg E, check cashing, etc.)

Worked for Regions Financial? Contribute to the Community!