Regions Financial

www.regions.com

Regions Financial Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014
Regions Financial – Birmingham – “Branch”

Regions Financial – Birmingham – “Branch”

Regions Financial President, CEO, and Director O. B. Grayson Hall Jr.

O. B. Grayson Hall Jr.

Pros
  • Good work/life balance - manager gave me free paid (non-vacation) day off to allow me to move (in 16 reviews)

• Easy to advance in company, semi-national company (not a small town bank), good benefits (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Hard to believe things upper management says until actually see it happen (in 21 reviews)

• They push sales so hard that you're no longer focused on customer service (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Shifting Landscape - Small Bank to Large Bank

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSolid training program. Decent benefits. Some banking perks but nothing that is out of the ordinary. Depending on the leadership, can create a community banking feel in large markets.

ConsConstantly shifting focuses take away from the training provided. Programs and goals set from headquarters with not much consideration for different markets it operates in.

Advice to Senior ManagementMarket specific goals and programs would help to compete in each market.

Questionable leadership and decision-making.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Orlando, FL (US)

ProsDecent pay, training and benefits, but production goals are unrealistic.

ConsThe computer system is slow and antiquated and takes valuable time away from trying to hit the unrealistic sales goals. Turnover of staff, from tellers to business bankers, is very high compared to other banks and an observant person can see that management is the reason why the staff is nervous and unhappy. Mistakes, no matter how inconsequential, are not forgiven and will be held against you. Hard work and good performance does little to reverse the damage. Do not voice concerns to management, even when they ask you for your honest feedback, because it will come back to bite you. Gossip is prevalent, management does little to discourage it, and is sometimes the source of it. As a whole, the company is good and these comments are reflective of the dysfunctional Orlando management.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe aware the company policy such as, "do the right thing" applies to them as well.

Wonderful company to work for.

ProsProfessional atmosphere with great chance for advancement. Bonus structure. Great working conditions and facilities.

ConsIndustry is changing through no fault of Regions Bank and most of the customers coming into the bank are those of lower incomes, with problems or with overdrawn accounts which they don't feel are their fault.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place, good people, company that cares about employees & gives back to community

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Birmingham, AL (US)

ProsGood benefits. Work with a great group of people. Company really cares about employees & gives back to community. Employees have opportunities to give back also. Lots of perks. Totally different software development environment than other companies. Pace is slower and less stress.

ConsSeparation of areas and some people not willing to work with other groups. Frustrations with people in other groups not doing their jobs which affects you. In past some mgrs hired friends who were not qualified and still employed. Some processes made more complicated with multiple applications and lack of integration.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote within. Use talent w/in company or hire more and stop using so many contractors.

Excellent Company

Bank Teller (Current Employee) Nashville, TN (US)

ProsGreat Pay, benefits, and hours Management Listens and understands employees concerns

ConsCustomer service and having to deal with peoples money can be frustrating

Not Bad

Financial Services Specialist II (Current Employee) Orlando, FL (US)

ProsCompany does care about their employees. Work/life balance.

ConsMicromanagement, unrealistic expecations for sales quotas

Great

ProsIt was a very exciting first career job

ConsSome of the systems they used are dated.

Great company to work for!

Senior Systems Analyst (Current Employee) Birmingham, AL (US)

ProsThe company putos people first. The work environment is great. Great management. I love it here. It is a great company to build a career. Though I don't have every luxury, I have everything that I need in order to be successful and have a fulfilling career here.It's the best bank that I have worked for.

ConsI am happy with my compensation, though I have heard others say that it is average.

I thought I had a career opportunity with a wonderful company.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI enjoyed working day shift.

ConsHigh turnover rate! I was terminated for using an earned "evergreen day".

Advice to Senior ManagementHave consideration for people who are there to earn a living, I have lost my home, my car, my income because of using my evergreen day...I'm sorry I thought it was earned...

Contract Employee

ProsExpectations are not too high.

ConsDecsions by upper management are questionable.

Worked for Regions Financial? Contribute to the Community!