Regions Financial Reviews

Updated 27 August 2014
Updated 27 August 2014

3.3

Regions Financial President, CEO, and Director O. B. Grayson Hall Jr.
O. B. Grayson Hall Jr.

Pros
  • Good work/life balance - manager gave me free paid (non-vacation) day off to allow me to move (in 16 reviews)

• Easy to advance in company, semi-national company (not a small town bank), good benefits (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Hard to believe things upper management says until actually see it happen (in 21 reviews)

• They push sales so hard that you're no longer focused on customer service (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Good company with great people!

I worked at Regions Financial

Pros

Ability to move up if you apply yourself.

Cons

Not much room for raises.

A candy bar and printed out certificate or pizza party is not sufficient reward for a job well done. Grown ups like money...

The experience was long but worth it.

I have been working at Regions Financial

Pros

Stability, HourS, Benefits, Pay, Potential to advance

Cons

The only Con I have is the Long processing time.

N/A

Working for Regions Financial was an interesting,educational,and rewarding experience.

Former Employee - Financial Services Specialist II  in  Memphis, TN (US)
    Former Employee - Financial Services Specialist II in Memphis, TN (US)

I worked at Regions Financial full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The leadership there was great,there were positions for advancement,the atmosphere was positive and kept morale up and there chances to earn extra money by promoting products offered by the bank.

Cons

Some of practices in sales were repetitive in that if the same customer called several times in one day,each associate he/she spoke with was required to discuss the same products on each call.

Because the all industries are constantly changing in an effort to improve and be competitive,more time needs to be allowed for training and "hiccups" in new information should be corrected before it is presented to the associate to learn incorrectly.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great start to a career

Former Employee - Teller
    Former Employee - Teller

I worked at Regions Financial part-time

Pros

Good company to work for and get your foot in the door.
    Co-workers are more than willing to help you learn & grow.
    Qualify for benefits at 30hrs per week.

Cons

Depending on the market - upward mobility could be stifled.
    At 30 hrs a week - still considered part time and don't qualify for any vacation time

Good opportunities if you work at it

Current Employee - Financial Services Specialist  in  Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Current Employee - Financial Services Specialist in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

Training is pretty good all around, from service, to regulations, to sales.
    Back office puts together generally good campaign lead lists to call for sales which can greatly benefit the customer.
    You have the potential to help people and make a bit of commission, but you have to use the tools that the company provides to do the work.
    Good support from inside the company between branch management and help line.
    Company seems to always be growing and making a profit.
    Good work/life balance - manager gave me free paid (non-vacation) day off to allow me to move.
    Sometimes they have sales contests for paid time off.

Cons

You can potentially spend a lot of time on the phone calling for sales. Management pushes sales hard. A lot of the work can feel like a waste of time. It's customer service, so you end up dealing with a lot of unhappy customers. Experiences are different in different locations.

Make sure that all the things you ask of your employees are actually useful to accomplishing your company goals.

Overall good company

I have been working at Regions Financial

Pros

good benefits, good coworkers, great training. Good company overall at national level.

Cons

Advancement may be slow. Hard to believe things upper management says until actually see it happen... Have been told one thing and another thing happens. All depends on local upper management.

Great Company, Strong Leadership

Former Employee - Compliance Officer  in  Birmingham, AL (US)
    Former Employee - Compliance Officer in Birmingham, AL (US)

I worked at Regions Financial full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good Benefits, Great Atmosphere, Above average Compensation. Good Structure and you know what to expect.

Cons

Promotions can be political. Employees in the production side could be more respected.

HR processes could be much more efficient. Treat inside employment candidates as equal as outside candidates.

*Company wants something for nothing*

Former Employee - Teller  in  Natchez, MS (US)
    Former Employee - Teller in Natchez, MS (US)

I worked at Regions Financial part-time for more than a year

Pros

Gives you customer service experience.

Cons

As a teller, you will make $50 a day. When you begin, you will have to wait a month to get paid. You will have to go out of town to the headquarters three different times.

This job is very micromanaged. The head teller is a Nazi. She is always looking over your shoulder, ready for you to mess up, so she can write you up. From the date you get written up, you have to wait a whole year before applying for a better position. It is very easy to get written up.
    You will have about a 150 plus transactions a day. There will be many times that you will be shorthanded because of vacation, sickness, etc. The day after Christmas, there were only two tellers working!

And they got upset, when I was over a dollar! They chastised me over a dollar. They expect you and the head teller to look for it, when you are trying to get out the door.

What tops it off, the bank will not even give their employees a bonus. They will NOT even give their tellers a $100 to show us some appreciation.

Worst Experience (For me, at least)

Former Employee - Teller  in  Montgomery, AL (US)
    Former Employee - Teller in Montgomery, AL (US)

I worked at Regions Financial full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good Benefits, closed on all nationally recognized holidays, the pay (if you don't have a family and no real bills to pay, such as credit card debts, student loans,etc. If you live in an apartment, by yourself, with only the cable, power and water bills to pay, then the pay is pretty decent. Other wise, it would be a con). That's pretty much it.

Cons

Management, coworkers, RUDE customers, the pressure and stress of getting a customer to get a credit card or loan, etc. Management and coworkers alike treated me like crap for some reason ( I was told it was because they were jealous, but I don't know why they would be jealous of me). Basically, you have to be friends with the management (at the particular branch I worked at) in order for them to treat you with respect. I came to work TO work, not to make friends. The training process was too short. 1 week of reading a whole bunch of crap, and the other week was training at your branch before they just throw you to the wolves.

Treat all employees with respect, not just the ones you're "friends" with. Make the training process at a branch at least 1 month to ensure that a new hire will have everything down pact. Oh, and stop stealing money (oh yes, most of the management and 1 employee got fired for stealing money at the branch I worked at. One of them even stole a check from my work area and tried to say I had it or lost it)

Really is the former AmSouth Bank and not the old Regions Bank.

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good benefits, lots of vacation and government holidays, most employee interaction is helpful and friendly

Cons

This bank is really AmSouth Bank and not the old Regions, they are not willing to let go of the old AmSouth ways, polices, computer programs and Regions did some of those things better. The former AmSouth employees seem to get favoritism, especially in management positions or promotions. Hours can be inflexible at times.

Let go of all the AmSouth stuff and adopt new policies.

Worked for Regions Financial? Contribute to the Community!