Responsys

Responsys Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014

Responsys CEO Dan Springer

Dan Springer

Pros
  • The work life balance is also something that is good as well; the managers encourage that work stays at work(in 10 reviews)

• Get to work with some good people(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Company is growing fast and sometimes systems/information management, etc(in 3 reviews)

• I see staff here work hard and generally there is no opportunity to grow(in 3 reviews)

Excellent company to work for

ProsThe people are fantastic, some of the smartest I've ever worked with. The culture is customer-first, and you can tell how passionate everyone is about making the customer successful

ConsGrowth always comes with growing pains, sometimes I feel we could staff faster (although it's understandable hard to do)

Advice to Senior ManagementAs a part of Oracle, continue the culture of respect, customer-first, and hard work!

Good place to work

Quality Engineer (Former Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsGood pay . Good work life balance

ConsNone I loved working here

Great

ProsIntelligent Coworkers, relatively stress free environment, learn a lot

ConsNot a very developed culture

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Lively environment with can-do attitude

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsWonderful environment to work in.
    People are passionate about what they do.
    Everyone is willing to help and encourage one another.
    Start up feel

ConsBeing acquired by Oracle
    Not THAT much room for growth
    Median salaries
    Location of SF office
    Not much interaction between the offices

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to keep same start-up feel even though being acquired by Oracle

Great working environment in the corporate world.

Campaign Specialist (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsGreat employee atmosphere, collaborative work environment, and plenty of room for growth. Company has strong value of work/life balance, including great outings and company sponsored activities.

ConsPay could be more competitive for comparable industry positions. Upcoming acquisition by Oracle is going to restrict some of the perks that are currently in place.

Business is set to grow, good culture for younger tech savvy people.

Systems Administrator (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsPay, benefits, culture, opportunities for promotion and growth. New learning opportunities are always around the corner. You'll definitely stay busy. Opportunities to work from home in many positions.

ConsProject management and workflow is sometimes inconsistent. Slower than average to adopt new technologies and ideas. Culture subject to change and potential degradation as company grows larger.

Advice to Senior ManagementStreamline your communication process. Keep things relevant and straight forward.

Responsys to me was not just a company but a family of talented individuals.

Intern (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsFriendly environment, helpful employees, and productive work hours.

ConsThere are hard working staff but no chance of growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementSee future employees as an investment.

Exceptional Learning Environment

Customer Success Manager (Current Employee)

Pros- Great people who are always willing to help you solve a problem (as long as you are also -doing your homework and pulling your weight).
    - Very motivated company. Everyone is excited to be on the team and happy generally speaking
    - Work hard and promotions will come

Cons- At times it can be difficult to get a resource lined up for a project. I feel this is due to the amount of new clients and the expansion of current clients coming in the door. Not a bad problem to have for a business however, its a little red tape that gets frustrating.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on the Sales handoff process in regards to knowledge transfer between Sales and Account Management team.

Business Development Rep

SDR (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsNot many pros to say about the company used to be cool, but then put a bunch of bad mangers in place.

ConsMicromangers, no sales leadership, no visibility, a do as I say not as I do mentality

Good summary , made good money but felt it lacked structure and will improve with time.

Marketing Intern (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsVery open helpful and encouraging Boss. Helpful people always willing to tell you more and help you learn in any way possible given the limitations. Great opportunity to work on things related directly to the business and high profile clients.

ConsRigid Management lots of company politics so new ideas take a long time to be heard and added as a possibility. Lack of structure to the internship , it would have been better if we could see more of what it would be like to work their full time as well as do our special projects. More opportunity to work more than 40 hours , the limit really limited my ability to meet people and to learn as much as possible.

Worked for Responsys? Contribute to the Community!