Rite Aid

Rite Aid Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Rite Aid President, CEO, and Director John T. Standley

John T. Standley

Pros
  • good pay compared to the other big chains, good computer system and interface (in 32 reviews)

• Great benefits, if you work at a union store, flexible hours (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management is determined to turn a profit at whatever costs (in 68 reviews)

• resets etc while giving good customer service along with everything else (in 28 reviews)

More Highlights

Rite Aid Technician

Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee)

Proscompany that is flexible with hours

Consconstant system troubles, hard to train in busy stores

shift manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosflexible days can ask for certain days off

Conslow pay working holidays and weekends

Good experience,I earned many skills

ProsLearned to coordinate between physician,pts&pharamcists

Conslow salary,too much work,far from my home

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sufficient.

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

ProsThe customers made my shifts easier.

ConsLittle pay for many repetitive tasks within my role as sale associate.

Advice to Senior ManagementPraise employees that go the extra mile in even the smallest of ways. For example, those that tailor end caps to show the best sale items in front should be applauded in some way.

Rite Aid its a Job

Price Accuracy Coordinator (Current Employee) Sacramento, CA (US)

ProsBenefits dental vision, union, paid vacation

ConsHigh expectations for short time they are starting to time job tasks such as stocking freight and tasks such as in my district or district manager is very hard to work for unrealistic expectations. The pay is not good. Hard to move up in the store the company hires from outside very often not promoting from within.

Wonderful

Lab Assistant (Current Employee) Sacramento, CA (US)

ProsI learned more work experiences and organization skills

ConsI need more time to learn more

Great upside

Prosno longer a turnaround company; In growth mode. Many positive changes at all levels forseen in the next 5-10 years

Consfor individuals that are not accustomed to personal ownership or a lot of change, this may not be for you

Retail management grind

Store Manager (Former Employee)

ProsCompany will recognize hard work and promote accordingly. It's hard, physical work (as is retail store management in low-volume stores) but if you're up for the task, it could be for you. They also place a heavy value on customer service (and really mean it), so despite feeling behind in the retail pharmacy chain competition, it would appear as though company is gaining its footing.

Conslow pay, long hours, longer path to promotion (have to run larger stores with more volume before being considered for district/regional leadership).

Good job for anyone

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Washington, DC (US)

Prosgood relations, Environment was great, Straight foward job

ConsUpper management treats GM and regular employees like crap. Low pay. too much work and frustration during the holiday season

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to deal with regular employees with kind respect, better health benefits, less hassle during seasonal planning

Top notch pharmacy services

Pharmacist (Former Employee) San Diego, CA (US)

ProsFlexibility schedule and locations with great ancillary staff, excellent computer system, very efficient filling and dispensing procedures

ConsSome locations very high volume and congestion without enough staffing to manage the flow. Sometimes robot dispenser gets jammed and stops production and prescriptions need to filled manually.

Advice to Senior ManagementStaffing needs to be adequate for volume of location.

Worked for Rite Aid? Contribute to the Community!