Rite Aid

Rite Aid Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Rite Aid President, CEO, and Director John T. Standley

John T. Standley

Pros
  • good pay compared to the other big chains, good computer system and interface (in 32 reviews)

• Great benefits, if you work at a union store, flexible hours (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management is determined to turn a profit at whatever costs (in 68 reviews)

• resets etc while giving good customer service along with everything else (in 28 reviews)

More Highlights

Shift Supervisor

Shift Supervisor (Current Employee)

ProsStaying busy...there are plenty of tasks, plenty of customers to help, to keep you busy from the time you walk in until you walk out at the end of your shift. The "customer service" atmosphere is like no other...greet, engage and thank...every associate knows that the customer is priority, above all else!

ConsUsually run a "two person" shift, Manager and Associate, when busy it becomes difficult and stressful at times. New policy where we ask everyone for their ID (identification to buy cigarettes or alcohol). Regardless of age, 18 - 118, you need to ask, it upsets some customers, some even walk out, so you have to know how to handle that, not as easy as it sounds.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere should be 2 associates and 1 management per shift during busy hours. (for example: 2 open, another associate would come on duty at 11 am until 6 pm to help provide the customer service the company policy and procedures reflect we provide). New ID policy is causing more problems than it is worth. Our senior customer base do not understand nor like this policy, it is causing stores to lose sales and customers

Pretty good

Pharmacist Manager (Current Employee) Rock Hill, SC (US)

ProsPay and benefits and schedule

ConsNot enough help to do what they want

Typical retail chain pharmacy

Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee) Princeton, NJ (US)

ProsWas a pharmacy intern during pharmacy school. I had the opportunity to learn about community pharmacy and how a pharmacy is operated. Gave me a foundation for my future. Pay was comparable to other chain pharmacies.

ConsNot as innovative as competitors. The work environment really depends on the store and who your associates are.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great

Pharmacy Tech (Former Employee) Bristol, PA (US)

ProsRite Aid offer a great health insurance and also 401 retirement and stock option.

Consthe salaries are all over the place.

Less than exciting.

Floor Clerk (Former Employee) Hood River, OR (US)

ProsExperience in retail.
    Friendly atmosphere.
    Discounts on products.

ConsOutdated technology
    Bad management
    Not flexible hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementLess video training and more hands-on.

you must work very hard,especially on weekend,has no tech, you must handle by yourself every thing.

Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) East Hemet, CA (US)

Prosgood pay for overtime.They don't mind that you get mistake punch in early for 1-2 minutes

Cons12 hours long shift make you very easy get wrong drug,wrong typing mistake ,not only you but,tech has a lot of mistakes which you have to watch all the times. be careful work in Rite Aid.

Rite Aid is a wonderful company to work for and cares about their associates!

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) Augusta, GA (US)

ProsGood pay and great hours!

ConsKeeping up with the demand of merchandise.

Advice to Senior ManagementDelegate tasks more proficientally.

Best company to work for

Store Manager (Current Employee) Albany, NY (US)

ProsGreat company to work for with great benefits

ConsMinimal payroll to manage store

Advice to Senior ManagementPend more time in the store to experience some of daily obstacle that store managers have to encounter

So far so good! Great Company

Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) Oradell, NJ (US)

ProsI went to a job fair and sat with whom was my now manager and spoke with him for 45 minutes and then sat with my DM for another 45 minutes. He said I would hear back by next week either way, I got the call the very next day I had the job!

ConsIt's retail. If you don't like retail then this isn't the job for you.

Good place, but will work u to death

Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) Seattle, WA (US)

ProsGood place to work and if your lucky you'll get a good team to work with.

ConsMangers are distant from lower level prob or just don't care. Some Arrogance from coworkers and seniors

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of the worker bee , they'll make you more honey.

Worked for Rite Aid? Contribute to the Community!