Riverbed Technology

Riverbed Technology Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Riverbed Technology Chairman, President, and CEO Jerry M. Kennelly

Jerry M. Kennelly

Pros
  • Having worked at some other places I find a great work life balance here" (in 38 reviews)

• Great people, although that can vary widely depending on the group you're in (in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • The company is growing faster than its engineering process is evolving (in 12 reviews)

• Still suffering from some growing pains from quickly expanding the workforce over the past 4 years (in 20 reviews)

More Highlights

Escalation Engineer IN UK

Escalation Engineer (Current Employee) Bracknell, England

ProsAwesome flexibility, opportunities to grow, Good stock plans and stock bonuses

ConsNone at the moment so nothing bad to report

Great

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Cambridge, East of England, England

Pros- benefits, work balance, colleagues, interesting and challening work

Cons- big organization cons sometimes

Riverbed Company Review - Feedback

Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) London, England

ProsGreat company to work for - excellent vision and strategy, matched by terrific, market leading technology.

ConsNone really - it's a really great company to work for.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the excellent work.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Genuinely a great place to work.

Professional Services Consultant (Current Employee) Bracknell, England

ProsThe culture, openess, rewards, freedom, respect and trust to do a good job. You're given all these from the start which just lends its self to wanted to achieve.

ConsOne does not come to mind that would not be just a general gripe that could be applied to any business and human character.

Advice to Senior ManagementSo far so good, everyone seems focused on the right changes and direction.

I have had a good time at Riverbed with some great technology.

Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee)

ProsInnovative technology, great opportunity to take new solutions to market

ConsA lot of growing pains within the company is it continues to be successful and lacks strong leadership and management

Advice to Senior ManagementEliminate splits discussions - Revenue to go where Customer PO is raised this way we map onto our customers business and global collaboration is natural for in region business reporting to customer Group HQ.

Great products, needs better direction (which seems to be coming).

Systems Engineer (Current Employee) Bracknell, England

ProsAs mentioned, the product set is great, and getting better. The acquisition trail has been sensible and builds to a solution set that makes sense to our customers.

ConsThe culture is a little exclusive, if you are not one of the "family" (i.e. been here a long time, or not in the US) it can be difficult to be heard.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry and learn from the experience you are bringing in from your acquisitions, rather than try and change them.

Excellent place to work and develop

Sales Manager (Current Employee) Bracknell, England

ProsExcellent products direction and vision, a place where you can develop as an individual. The company values its employees and funds and develops them as a part of their culture.

ConsTargets and target increases can be adventurous, so over achieving can be difficult.

Advice to Senior ManagementSensible traget increases

Enjoy working in company with world class professionals.

ProsExciting workplace with very talented people. Opportunities to learn and the facilities provided for self development are excellent.

ConsCan sometimes be a little too frenetic although thats partly the IT world.

Help is available around each corner

Engineer (Current Employee) Bracknell, England

ProsBrilliant work ethos, approachable management

ConsOpen floor plan does not really work with high levels of sound being generated at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen floor plan is good, makes people approachable, but at times the sound generated is fairly high and it becomes difficult to concentrate, or make a call without sounding as if your in a call centre.

Trusted to do the job. Work hard - play hard!

Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) Bracknell, England

ProsTrust from senior management
    Support from multiple colleagues
    Realistic targets
    Rewarded for success & hard work
    No micro management

ConsBracknell office/UK office location
    Too slow to react to poor performers and address them

Advice to Senior ManagementCarry on trusting your staff and don't let the companies inflated size/growth affect this and turn in to a micro managed company.

Worked for Riverbed Technology? Contribute to the Community!