Roche
www.roche.com Basel, Switzerland 5000+ Employees

Roche Reviews

Updated Apr 02, 2014
Roche – US – “in front of the main building”

Roche CEO Roche Group Severin Schwan

Severin Schwan

Pros:
  • "Stable, many out-of payment benefits, work-life balance"
    in 7 reviews
  • "good benefits, decent salaries and bonuses"
    in 12 reviews
Cons:
  • "Senior Management has to consider all staff benefit"
    in 5 reviews
  • "Can be difficult to get things completed due to such a large company things can move very slowly"
    in 4 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Feedback

Manager (Former Employee)
Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at Roche full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood benefits, Transport, Bonus, Reward

ConsLess productive, Wayang, distance, less learning

Advice to Senior ManagementThey have changed with time

Very innovative and sustainably minded company focusing on high performance operations

Senior Engineer (Former Employee)
South San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at Roche full-time for more than 10 years

ProsLeader in sustainability for the pharmaceutical industry

ConsAdherence to Roche policies needed improving for Genentech operations during my tenure. I was often alone in pushing for the highest quality mechanical designs due to a lack of sufficient engineering oversight.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe sure that your engineering directors are licensed engineers so they have independent motivation for compliance with all applicable regulations and the judgement to discern quality.

Products that Matter from People who Care

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Roche full-time for more than 10 years

ProsWe had excellent benefits, great collaboration between functions, safe environment, great opportunities, fair performance reviews, excellent on-site personal services for employees, great on-site gym. Severance packages excellent. Proud to have had such a long-run with a Company who has produced so many life-saving and life-changing pharmaceuticals were discovered from Accutane to Interferon and from Vitamin C to Valium.

ConsSince Roche purchased Genentech and all of Corporate has moved to South San Francisco, jobs are nonexistent. a Business decision was made to cancel many research projects, some have been transferred to Europe, and now the impending shut down of the Nutley campus leaves most employees looking for employment elsewhere.This infamous research so hard to miss on Route 3 or landing from the North into Newark Airport is scheduled to be fully shut down by January 2014.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to be compassionate and remember the human factor when you're sitting around the table making your strategic decisions about future directions, the employees loved our blessed Nutley site, and a way of life for us.

Disappointing they did not value the relationship with PDI and the value the contract representatives brought to the org

Clinical Sales Representative (Former Employee)
Seattle, WA (US)

I worked at Roche full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat manager, very helpful recuiter, trainer was very nice.

My counterpart that worked for the company contracting us was really great. I was lucky to have a good partner. We had the same goal, make sales. She was very supportive,

ConsThere was no face to face training. It was fine, just different. The parent company treated us like second class citizens. But if you were lucky enough to be paired up with some good parent company counterparts, the experience was great.

The health insurance was just ok. But at least we had health insurance.

Like a lot of PDI contracts we had to use our own cars and the reimbursement was not that great.

The biggest con was we were not hired on to be full-time reps. We worked on a contract for over two years really getting the word out to the HCPs and the company didn't think we were good enough to be part of their actual organization. If they thought there was a big problem, they should have fixed, retrained, and addressed that issue with the currents reps they had. We were very dedicated to moving their sales forward and in the end it was a slap in the face. Of course, there will always be reps that take advantage of the situation. But as a first time contract worker, I still took my sales and job just as seriously as I did when I was a direct hire.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue the employees that are dedicated to moving your business forward, contract sales force or direct hires.

It was great working with Roche because of the feeling that you belong to a close knit family.

Marketing Director (Former Employee)
Makati, Rizal (Philippines)

I worked at Roche full-time

ProsThe people are very professional and very helpful. The feeling of belonging to a good team is very evident and people are disciplined and dedicated and always willing to extend a helping hand

ConsThe salary is not that great and the current general manager does not put value in the contribution of senior employees. The atmosphere now is that anything new is great.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management should know not only the market but their employees as well. They should show at least trust in their employees and not be so suspicious on everything. The people in Roche are very dedicated and management must learn how to utilise this.

Drugs Development, Bioinformaticians

I have been working at Roche

ProsChance to work with the best oncologists out there.,

ConsToo much outsourcing. Some in-house software look outdated. Less development works.

Great company

Market Analyst (Current Employee)
San Jose, CA (US)

I have been working at Roche full-time for more than a year

Prosgreat people and culture, always striving to be better - from individual contributors to sr. management

ConsI heard salary is on the lower end

Good place for internship

MSAT Intern (Former Employee)
Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at Roche as an intern for less than a year

Prosgood office environment, nice colleagues, workload not so heavy, but maybe because I was an intern

Consno follow up offer for full time position after graduation

IT Consultant for one year and half

Data Analyst (Former Employee)
Monza (Italy)

I worked at Roche as a contractor for more than a year

ProsInternational and competing environment, great benefits, great colleagues

ConsNo Cons for me at all

Review

Title (Former Employee)
Basel (Switzerland)

I worked at Roche full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe Pharmaceutical Industry is committed to alleviate suffering and fight disease

ConsOften large and not fast moving

Worked for Roche? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Roche reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Roche CEO Severin Schwan. All 123 reviews are posted anonymously by Roche employees.